Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

Loud Toilet hissing when flushed

Loud Toilet hissing when flushed

Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:03 am
Just Joined

mahsin is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Loud Toilet hissing when flushed

Hi there, our toilet just started having a loud hissing when it is flushed and I am trying to track down why. It seems to be coming from the chrome tube that goes from the toilet to the floor, but I can't be sure.

This only happens when we flush..and the sound is louder than a normal flush with a new hissing sound as well. Any points as to where to look or how to resolve the issue?
Thanks!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

york1e is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Loud Toilet hissing when flushed

Hi there the chrome pipe sounds like the cold water supply to your toilet, the sound could be the water rushing through the valve after flushing filling your system up
over time limescale or debris build up and narrows the pipe wall and so the pipe tends to whistle. if there is an isolating valve you could try opening and closing it to see if that free's it up also the ball valve could be warn this should not be expensive to replace hope this helps