hi people i am a plumber

Old May 25th 2008, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

chris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nice
Default hi people i am a plumber

hi i am 29 years old and am aiming to be over there next summer so everything is correctly planned i am currently in the process of getting my skilled migrants visa i am going down the vettasses route which will hopfully get me my provision licence is this correct? i have recently started a short course on brazing as im told you do alot of it over there and its been a while since i did any will this help? i no im not going to earn anywere near as much as i do here but is a provisional plumbers wage enough to keep a single man on? how much rent would you think i will be exspecting to pay for somwere small as i am on my own? (roughly just to give me a idea) how long) havnt fully decided on destination in oz either Qld or perth and how long do you think it will take me to get from a provisional to a full licence? i have good equity in my house here but was hoping i earned enough to live without living of my savings what do you think? and how much is the course or exam whatever it is to get you from a provisional to a full licence? if sombodycould shed some light on this for me would be very gratfull as i whant to be as prepared as possible ...................thanks people
Old May 25th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice
Default Re: hi people i am a plumber

Originally Posted by chris notts forest
hi i am 29 years old and am aiming to be over there next summer so everything is correctly planned i am currently in the process of getting my skilled migrants visa i am going down the vettasses route which will hopfully get me my provision licence is this correct? i have recently started a short course on brazing as im told you do alot of it over there and its been a while since i did any will this help? i no im not going to earn anywere near as much as i do here but is a provisional plumbers wage enough to keep a single man on? how much rent would you think i will be exspecting to pay for somwere small as i am on my own? (roughly just to give me a idea) how long) havnt fully decided on destination in oz either Qld or perth and how long do you think it will take me to get from a provisional to a full licence? i have good equity in my house here but was hoping i earned enough to live without living of my savings what do you think? and how much is the course or exam whatever it is to get you from a provisional to a full licence? if sombodycould shed some light on this for me would be very gratfull as i whant to be as prepared as possible ...................thanks people
The easy bit is the rent. Have a look at
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=bhp&t=ren&cu=
should give you some idea of rental prices.

The rest is the $64,000 question and one that every plumber yet to go to Australia would like answering. I think the problem is that the answer is different for each person. I have read of stories of people taking months and months to go through additional training and still get nowhere, and others who turn up and are sorted within a day or two. I know these are probably the extremes but it would be nice to know what the "average" process is once you arrive.

Certainly a gap in the market at this end for 'recognised' australian training. Would make things easier if you could do, the theory side of the training before you go, especially as you could do it whilst your'e earning!

Just my take on it, good luck.

Simon.
Old May 25th 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

chris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nice

hiya simon thanks alot for getting back to me mate are you saying you can do the theory side of things here in the uk? and if so do you think its possible for me to get a place at a college out there to complete my licence before i come? if so is this what you would do? I read all these things on here about people being lonley and not making freinds! and these are peolple who already have there familys with them which worrys me as im coming alone and no nobody have you been in oz all youre life?
Old May 25th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

hiya simon thanks alot for getting back to me mate are you saying you can do the theory side of things here in the uk? and if so do you think its possible for me to get a place at a college out there to complete my licence before i come? if so is this what you would do? I read all these things on here about people being lonley and not making freinds! and these are peolple who already have there familys with them which worrys me as im coming alone and no nobody have you been in oz all youre life?
Hi Chris,

I'm still in the UK. Would love to be able to get hold of the training course materials, but no luck so far. I met a lad at the York expo last year who had been out in oz for 18 months and he was plumbing. He was going to put me in touch with a contact at one of the colleges, but other than I'll let you know I've never had anything back. Going out there in September for a few weeks so it's just continue on with the application and hope to be able to do a lot of digging when we get out there.
We're lucky on the family front, there'll be me, the wife and youngest (14) going. The wife's sister has been out there a lot of years and there is a big extended family now. Definitely will make things easier.
I'll keep you informed as and when I get hold of anything.

Simon.
Old May 25th 2008, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

hello chris

no need to worry going alone there are a few of us

check the following link and come join us

the official loners thread

doc
Old May 25th 2008, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

cheers mate keep in touch mate are you from leeds? not looking good for youre boys at mo! lol lucky my lot got up auto mate lol speak soon
Old May 25th 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheers mate keep in touch mate are you from leeds? not looking good for youre boys at mo! lol lucky my lot got up auto mate lol speak soon
Born close to Leeds, so it was Bradford Park Avenue or Leeds, another season in div. 3. At least this coming season will start on a level playing field.
Old May 25th 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

you be up next year pal you to big for that league we had 3 seasons there and we get average gates of 25,000 and weve won 2 european cups so i no what you lots gone through you will romp it next year mate thanks for the posts if i find anything out myself i will let you no speak soon
Old May 26th 2008, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mate,
Contact Freemantle TAFE (CHALLENGER TAFE) and ask to speak to Ron Greenwood he is in charge of the plumbers course for migrants and he should be able to provide all the info you need.
Old May 26th 2008, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

hi mate thanks for the post how do i contact freemantle? is that here in uk or in oz? im going out to brisbon for 3wks in sep to do a reci mission and find out as much info as poss do you think it would be worth me visiting a college why i am there? if so do you no of any? do you no what visa you need if any for a 3wk holiday? or roughly how much to hire and insure a car for 3wks why i am there any info would be much apprieciated thanks mate
Old May 26th 2008, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

hi mate thanks for the post how do i contact freemantle? is that here in uk or in oz? im going out to brisbon for 3wks in sep to do a reci mission and find out as much info as poss do you think it would be worth me visiting a college why i am there? if so do you no of any? do you no what visa you need if any for a 3wk holiday? or roughly how much to hire and insure a car for 3wks why i am there any info would be much apprieciated thanks mate
hey chris,

freemantle is in Perth, cant help with collages but it will be a TAFE collage that you will need

as for visas, you will need an etourist visa which can be done online, you must declare all convictions if you do have any aswell spent or not

i hired a campervan for around 75AUSD a day which included insurance but that was last year

doc
Old May 26th 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

For Plumbers moving to Qld
http://www.skillstech.tafe.qld.gov.a...ns _spec=true

hi all ,this was posted to day another expat , looks good and hope it helps.
john
Old May 26th 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

sorry the link does not work on my post, the title of the thread was "plumbers moving to Qld Aus " it was listed today.
john
Old May 26th 2008, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by docgp
hey chris,

freemantle is in Perth, cant help with collages but it will be a TAFE collage that you will need

as for visas, you will need an etourist visa which can be done online, you must declare all convictions if you do have any aswell spent or not

i hired a campervan for around 75AUSD a day which included insurance but that was last year

doc
Thanks simon i will try and look online for a TAFE in brisbon it will be nice if i can get a look at the plumbing work out there see whats exspected of us or even speak to some plumbers out there have booked my flight today 915 quid return i didnt exspect that much and they said that was cheap because im going 2/9/08 which is off peak!