Getting plumbing licence

Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

jamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nice
Default Getting plumbing licence

Hi everyone
Looking for some advice on plumbing in QLD, and was wondering how difficult it is to get a plumbing licence and also can anyone share some information on what a blue card is! Thanks all
Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

gasmark is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Getting plumbing licence

Hi there

A blue card is what you get when you compleat a course on building site safty.

It takes half a day, but you can now do it on line (multi choice) nothing to it.

You can get your prov Pumbers licence as soon as you take all your trade certs into the plumbing board.This only allows you to work for a fully licenced plumber.

As soon as you have compleated some crossover courses you can get your full licence and take on work direct.

Hope this helps

Mark

Last edited by gasmark; Sep 1st 2007 at 9:48 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

jamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nice

Thanks Mark thats great. I take it you a plumber in brisbane, is there plenty of work about?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Yes mate, there is lots of work here,

most people on the books get about $25 hr + super where as a
subbie would get around $35 (sort your own tax) which I think is better.
Let me know if you need any help.

Regards

Mark
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Excellent! Thanks for the advice
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Originally Posted by jamieffi
Excellent! Thanks for the advice
Have aread of these:-

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/licensing/links.html

http://www.aph.gov.au/house/committe...n/chapter5.htm

http://www.licencerecognition.gov.au/authorities.aspx

http://www.lgp.qld.gov.au/?id=50

http://www.ausmasterplumbers.com.au/
Old Sep 20th 2007, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: herts-sydney-herts-manchester...next stop mornington peninsula?
mandoz will become famous soon enoughmandoz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gasmark
Hi there

A blue card is what you get when you compleat a course on building site safty.

It takes half a day, but you can now do it on line (multi choice) nothing to it.

You can get your prov Pumbers licence as soon as you take all your trade certs into the plumbing board.This only allows you to work for a fully licenced plumber.

As soon as you have compleated some crossover courses you can get your full licence and take on work direct.

Hope this helps

Mark
Hi, sorry to butt in, but you mentioned crossover courses and I just wondered how long these take to complete?
Also I know you say its just a matter of taking in certificates to plumbing board to get Prov licence, but can this take time as well? Its just I have heard a few people complain about red tape with regard to getting licenced over there.

My husband is a plumber btw. Trained in the UK but has an aussie passport so wont be going through migration process.

Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:06 am
Just Joined

bostun is an unknown quantity at this point

what a blue card is!
The Blue Card was established by the Jewish community in the early 1930s, in Germany, to help Jews already being affected by Nazi persecution through loss of jobs and other forms of oppression.
In 1939, The Blue Card was reestablished in the United States to continue aiding refugees of Nazi persecution resettling in America. To this day, many of our Board members are the children and grandchildren of The Blue Card's original founders.
After the Holocaust, the mission of the organization was expanded to helping survivors of the Shoah from all European countries. It continues its work to this very day.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

andy1469 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to but in on ya thread BUT is there anyway we (i) can do the relevant quals that are required to work alone in oz, here in the U.K.
business quals etc...
Old Oct 4th 2008, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

chris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nice

hi i wondered if anybody could help me i am returning to oz in dec as i have got a sponsorship from a plumbing firm could anybody tell me the address in brisbane to go and get my provision licence from
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Plumbers and Drainers Board
Postal address: PO Box 15027 City East, Queensland 4002
Telephone: +61 7 3235 4149
Fax: +61 7 3012 9826
Email: [email protected]
Old Nov 8th 2008, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Pipkins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gasmark
Plumbers and Drainers Board
Postal address: PO Box 15027 City East, Queensland 4002
Telephone: +61 7 3235 4149
Fax: +61 7 3012 9826
Email: [email protected]
Hi Chris Notts Forest

Very interested to hear that you have got a sponsorship from a plumbing company in Brisbane. Can you give us some more information on how you got this??

I have completed and passed the plumbing VETASSESS and have applied for state nomination for QLD, before we can submit visa application. We are very clear now that the process could be a lot more expensive and complicated than we first thought, even though the plumbing and draining board in Queensland have said I should get a provisional licence based on the VETASSESS.

I reckon I will aim to go out and look for work prior to getting the whole family on a plane. Did you go out and hunt for work? Did they give you the impression they are busy at the moment? Do you reckon company sponsorship is a possibility or were you in the right place at the right time??

Any information would be gratefully received!

Mark
Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

chris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pipkins
Hi Chris Notts Forest

Very interested to hear that you have got a sponsorship from a plumbing company in Brisbane. Can you give us some more information on how you got this??

I have completed and passed the plumbing VETASSESS and have applied for state nomination for QLD, before we can submit visa application. We are very clear now that the process could be a lot more expensive and complicated than we first thought, even though the plumbing and draining board in Queensland have said I should get a provisional licence based on the VETASSESS.

I reckon I will aim to go out and look for work prior to getting the whole family on a plane. Did you go out and hunt for work? Did they give you the impression they are busy at the moment? Do you reckon company sponsorship is a possibility or were you in the right place at the right time??

Any information would be gratefully received!

Mark
hi pipkins

i was very licky getting a sponsorship i passed my vettassess paperbase and went over there to spend time with a plumber too see how it was done before i took my practical but ended up getting a sponsor which meant i didnt have to take the prac test so in that respect it was good but the advantage of you passing youre prac test is that youre on youre own visa as i am being sponsored i can only work for my sponsorer and if for any reason it doesnt work with him i will only have 6wks to get a new sponsor or i have to leave so i will be looking at doing my prac test at some point over there so i can work on skilled migrant visa so in my opinion youre better passing the prac test than getting a sponsor as youre not tired to 1 employer and yes it did look like there was alot of work when i was over there but i think a reccy of the place is well worh wile before you take youre family over as things are very diferent over there as i found i hope this info helps you matey
Old Nov 11th 2008, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

lee-godsell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris notts forest
hi i wondered if anybody could help me i am returning to oz in dec as i have got a sponsorship from a plumbing firm could anybody tell me the address in brisbane to go and get my provision licence from
Hi chris notts forest,
i hear you have recently been out to queensland and got a job.
i hope to be doing my vetassess soon and going out to queensland/
is there much work out there for plumbers at the moment?
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Pipkins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris notts forest
hi pipkins

i was very licky getting a sponsorship i passed my vettassess paperbase and went over there to spend time with a plumber too see how it was done before i took my practical but ended up getting a sponsor which meant i didnt have to take the prac test so in that respect it was good but the advantage of you passing youre prac test is that youre on youre own visa as i am being sponsored i can only work for my sponsorer and if for any reason it doesnt work with him i will only have 6wks to get a new sponsor or i have to leave so i will be looking at doing my prac test at some point over there so i can work on skilled migrant visa so in my opinion youre better passing the prac test than getting a sponsor as youre not tired to 1 employer and yes it did look like there was alot of work when i was over there but i think a reccy of the place is well worh wile before you take youre family over as things are very diferent over there as i found i hope this info helps you matey
Hi Chris

Sorry we haven't replied sooner - thanks for the information you gave us. We have now received our sponsorship from QLD government and are now hoping to submit visa soon!!

Good luck - hope to hear how you are getting on.

Pipkins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.