Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

gaining a plumbing licence in Victoria

gaining a plumbing licence in Victoria

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default gaining a plumbing licence in Victoria

As the title says im now applying for my licence in Vic, ive submitted copys of all quals ect and its now going under review, ill keep you posted about the outcome. someone in the uk told me to do all the courses possible before coming out, id be weary of spending money, i have most quals available due to my old job and they dont really count for much, i will be assessed and given a provisional licence, ill then have to do some form of course at the local tafe, im going to do this because i want to earn a living as a plumber in aus, there are jobs about and ive s[poken to a few guys who have plenty on and are looking for workers, anyway ill post when i know more.
john
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: gaining a plumbing licence in Victoria

ok, so i had a technical interview with the vic plumbing licence people, due to the fact that i did the vettasses before i came out here they are going to issue me a licence to work , however if i want to work for myself i have to do a theory exam at the local tafe in the future, i do not have to undergo any practical training at all, so there you go folks, so far so good.
john
Old May 2nd 2010, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

brcplumbing is an unknown quantity at this point

HI JOHN.
I AM A LICENSED PLUMBER PLANNING TO MOVE TO MELBOURNE.I AM FROM SA AND LOOKING FOR COMPANYS WILLING TO EMPLOY FOREIGNERS.

THANKS MATE
WILLIE
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

George 05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnknight001
ok, so i had a technical interview with the vic plumbing licence people, due to the fact that i did the vettasses before i came out here they are going to issue me a licence to work , however if i want to work for myself i have to do a theory exam at the local tafe in the future, i do not have to undergo any practical training at all, so there you go folks, so far so good.
john
Hi johnnight,the licence to work,they are going/or have issued you, is that a provisional registration,or full registration? I have a mate who has done the vettassess like you and they have told him they will only issue him with a provisional rego.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

the licence would have been a provisional one subject to the test after some time employed as a plumber, however im not sure if this has changed since then. sorry not to have been more help.