brazing and arc welding

Old Jan 17th 2011, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Paul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nice
Default brazing and arc welding

G'day all,

I'm in the process of applying for a state sponsored visa as a plumber. I've got 11 years experience working on new builds. I'm waiting to get the dates for my vetassess practical test which hopefully will be in February. The only problem is that my brazing and arc welding skills are pretty much non-existant as the last time I did brazing was in college 12 years ago! I'm looking at doing a 1 or 2 day refresher course. Can anyone out there suggest a good place that they've perhaps used? I know the actual practise of brazing is pretty straight forward, but I'm concerned about the correct set up of the equipment etc ....

Any info with regards to the above and anything else about the vetassess test would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
Old Jan 17th 2011, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Paul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nicePaul Louw is just really nice
Default Re: brazing and arc welding

It would help if I mentioned that I'm from the London area!

Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2011, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: brazing and arc welding

hi bud,
wouldnt bother with training for brazing mate, you get a chance to practice on the day, besides its simple really, heat it to death then give it some with the silver solder, nothing pretty about it. probably on done about 5 joints since ive been in aus, anyway good luck with your vettasses mate.
john