Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Younger residents of Philippines info

Younger residents of Philippines info

Old Oct 7th 2017, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Danielb2103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Younger residents of Philippines info

Hi I’d like to get some advise from younger 30-50 year olds who either live in the Philippines full time or work elsewhere part of the year. Please get in touch as I’d like to get some info.
Thanks
Daniel
Old Oct 7th 2017, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Younger residents of Philippines info

Perhaps if you identified the areas that you are seeking info of, then you would get relevant responses?
Old Oct 7th 2017, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

It doesn’t really matter as it’s in the Philippines in general. I stay a couple hours outside Manila. When I say a couple hours I mean a few miles but with traffic and roads there a few hours
Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

As this is British Expats, I presume you are looking for 30-50yr old Brits to respond? There are not many who live here, unless on something like a secondment term from their company as it is extremely difficult for foreigners to get a job here. As Mike says, give us some idea of what kind of advice you're looking for - social life, cost of living, job prospects etc and then we can be of help.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I cannot help you as have not got a clue what you are looking for other than a wide age grouping for advise that is only relevant to a specified age group with knowing what the area of advice would cover.

Best of luck
Old Oct 8th 2017, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
As this is British Expats, I presume you are looking for 30-50yr old Brits to respond? There are not many who live here, unless on something like a secondment term from their company as it is extremely difficult for foreigners to get a job here. As Mike says, give us some idea of what kind of advice you're looking for - social life, cost of living, job prospects etc and then we can be of help.

Daniel, it would appear to me that you have done very little research into all aspects of life in the Philippines. There are numerous internet sites that document and advise ex pats on all aspects of living here. I strongly advise you to read them and get a grasp of what you would actually encounter.
Unless you have a secondment from a established company finding employment in the Philippines would almost be impossible.
Even if you were to find employment the salary would inevitably be very low, and in all probability your living costs would exceed your salary, particularly if you have visions of a Western country lifestyle.
Most ex pats that live in the Philippines tend to be pensioners who do not need employment. There are countless blogs similar to yours who for some reason seem to think that the Philippines can offer something better than they are receiving from their home country. The majority unfortunately have visions of permanent sunshine, cheap living, unhindered beuracracy, etc..These aspirations are far from the truth..........as I have written do your research!
Old Oct 8th 2017, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Daniel, it would appear to me that you have done very little research into all aspects of life in the Philippines. There are numerous internet sites that document and advise ex pats on all aspects of living here. I strongly advise you to read them and get a grasp of what you would actually encounter.
Unless you have a secondment from a established company finding employment in the Philippines would almost be impossible.
Even if you were to find employment the salary would inevitably be very low, and in all probability your living costs would exceed your salary, particularly if you have visions of a Western country lifestyle.
Most ex pats that live in the Philippines tend to be pensioners who do not need employment. There are countless blogs similar to yours who for some reason seem to think that the Philippines can offer something better than they are receiving from their home country. The majority unfortunately have visions of permanent sunshine, cheap living, unhindered beuracracy, etc..These aspirations are far from the truth..........as I have written do your research![/QUOTE]
The question is - Will Daniel return to the forum?
Old Oct 8th 2017, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

i am not sure that Daniel knows he is in the Philippines), then again maybe he is not lol
Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:08 am
Just Joined

I am well aware of wages in the Philippines I have been there 5 times. I am not looking for employment there. I imagine you’re a 70 plus American with too much time on your hands.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

There is a clue in that this is BRITISH EXPATS Daniel.Right, so now we know you are not looking for employment here. how long do you intend staying at any one time and how will you support yourself. We want to help you but it is impossible without some detail from you. Can't speak for mike but I'm in my 70s, live with my English wife of 48 years with our two sons who are settled here. They set up a corporation a few years ago and are now just starting to make money. My eldest fits into your 30-50 category so ask specific questions and I'll get him to answer.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

daniel i am within the age range and after your response to quiltman you can just go play with the traffic
Old Oct 8th 2017, 10:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danielb2103
I am well aware of wages in the Philippines I have been there 5 times. I am not looking for employment there. I imagine you’re a 70 plus American with too much time on your hands.
well if you are not looking for information about employment, what ARE you looking for?
Old Oct 8th 2017, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Simon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Daniel. I fit into your bracket. What info do you want?
Also, I work here, not on a secondment, and my salary is OK.
There are not many younger expats here. Mostly the expats here and old, retired and very grumpy!
Old Oct 8th 2017, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Simon1983
Hi Daniel. I fit into your bracket. What info do you want?
Also, I work here, not on a secondment, and my salary is OK.
There are not many younger expats here. Mostly the expats here and old, retired and very grumpy!
Older, retired and very happy. do not suffer fools gladly as do not have the time to waste.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon1983
Very grumpy? You mean more grumpy than in the UK? It seems there are some good reasons to be grumpier as one ages eg lower testosterone, health issues, disgruntlement with younger people's ways, eg their inability to write in clear English.... oh, and their tendency to make spelling mistakes!

But I can think of a few factors that would lead to less grumpiness here. New relationships, better climate, lower cost of living, more deference. The main factor to increase it would be dealing with some of the inefficiencies here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.