Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Watching UK tv in the Philippines

Watching UK tv in the Philippines

Old Feb 11th 2015, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Watching UK tv in the Philippines

I discovered this by accident when searching for free live streaming sports

good reception and quality sound loads of channels

FILMON TV FREE LIVE TV MOVIES AND SOCIAL TELEVISION
Old Feb 11th 2015, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watching UK tv in the Philippines

Thanks for that mikemike....Now I can watch Match of The Day when I get out there albeit in the early hours! I wonder if I can broaden this topic a little bit. Is it possible to get Sky Sports out there? At the moment I am also watching free live streaming sports here in the UK. Also, by live streaming how does that impact on your monthly internet bill? I have un-limited broadband here.... can I assume that is available in Phils and if so, how much?

Regards

Pete
Old Feb 11th 2015, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by springsteen11
Thanks for that mikemike....Now I can watch Match of The Day when I get out there albeit in the early hours! I wonder if I can broaden this topic a little bit. Is it possible to get Sky Sports out there? At the moment I am also watching free live streaming sports here in the UK. Also, by live streaming how does that impact on your monthly internet bill? I have un-limited broadband here.... can I assume that is available in Phils and if so, how much?

Regards

Pete
No impact i have the standard 1mb package with phone line be about 20pmGBP. expect DNS failure and buffering.

You can get sky here and it is expensive.

I watch sky using the internet channels

Vipbox office
LShunter
first row sports

Tend to get most of what you want from there

part of your cable package will include some sports channels but they are not so good at showing premier soccer as they used to be.

What links do you use in the Uk for live streaming sports? Not been the same since wiziwig stopped screening.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Used Filmon for long time here. Only way to get emmerdale for my wife! No way will she get up at 4.00am to watch it, so just record it and download in morning. Use it for other shows we like which are not available 'elsewhere'. It used to be 10 hours free recording but changed a few weeks ago to only 1 hour. Costs about £6 per month for 11 hours and i use every minute! Cannot recommend it highly enough.
Was set up by an eccentric billionaire for expats and it's fully legal . i think the only thing is that a few channels are not available in australia or US due to licence restrictions. Use hola and it's easy to circumvent!
Old Feb 12th 2015, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

steve18 is an unknown quantity at this point

VIPBOX in UK still works fine. just the Ads can be a pain.i found that clicking the expand box to full screen gets rid of the Ads.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steve18
VIPBOX in UK still works fine. just the Ads can be a pain.i found that clicking the expand box to full screen gets rid of the Ads.
trying to get a fee from vipbox in the philippines is often hit or miss as PLST are just not up to supporting the network. Often you get DSN server failure, this is PLDT issue.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quiltman
Used Filmon for long time here. Only way to get emmerdale for my wife! No way will she get up at 4.00am to watch it, so just record it and download in morning. Use it for other shows we like which are not available 'elsewhere'. It used to be 10 hours free recording but changed a few weeks ago to only 1 hour. Costs about £6 per month for 11 hours and i use every minute! Cannot recommend it highly enough.
Was set up by an eccentric billionaire for expats and it's fully legal . i think the only thing is that a few channels are not available in australia or US due to licence restrictions. Use hola and it's easy to circumvent!
Just the recording is fee paying as all others appear to be live.

Sorry what is Hola?

Expat shield just seems to hijack the pc so will not use it
Old Feb 12th 2015, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Mikemike, correct - streaming is still free - recording is paid for.
Hola is a free VPN which you can set to tell it what country you want to appear to be in.
For example, I used to subscribe to the Telegraph, but when the price went up AGAIN , I stopped.By using Hola, once i reach the monthly limit of 10 articles, i just change my location , say from USA to France, and read another 10 articles! We don't need to use Hola here in Philippines for Filmon. It was purely a suggestion for any of our Aussie friends wanting to use Filmon to watched the barred channels. Does all this rubbish make any sense?
Old Feb 12th 2015, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quiltman
Yes Mikemike, correct - streaming is still free - recording is paid for.
Hola is a free VPN which you can set to tell it what country you want to appear to be in.
For example, I used to subscribe to the Telegraph, but when the price went up AGAIN , I stopped.By using Hola, once i reach the monthly limit of 10 articles, i just change my location , say from USA to France, and read another 10 articles! We don't need to use Hola here in Philippines for Filmon. It was purely a suggestion for any of our Aussie friends wanting to use Filmon to watched the barred channels. Does all this rubbish make any sense?
I am sure it would but i am not internet savvy
Old Feb 12th 2015, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mikemike,

Yes with Wiziwig gone I had to hunt around for another streaming service. First one I used is this and apart from a little bit of buffering found it very good. Still trying to understand why the buffering happens when there is a shot on goal!

Football - Live Streaming Video / Watch Free Live Sport Streams-StreamHunter
Old Feb 12th 2015, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by springsteen11
Hi Mikemike,

Yes with Wiziwig gone I had to hunt around for another streaming service. First one I used is this and apart from a little bit of buffering found it very good. Still trying to understand why the buffering happens when there is a shot on goal!

Football - Live Streaming Video / Watch Free Live Sport Streams-StreamHunter
ty and I will ad it to my list i think it is part of LShunter
Old Feb 12th 2015, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

I will see if i can get the opening ames of the SuperXv today crusaders V rebels ko our time is 2.30pm
Then tomorrow cricket world cup openers followed by more super Xv and then 6 nations.

Tomorrow could be fun or a very frustrating!!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

steve18 is an unknown quantity at this point

just lately iv been getting a better quality service from VIPLEAGUE.COM vipbox seems different but these are the same guys?
Old Feb 14th 2015, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this thread I am noticing a number of recommendations for various services for viewing sports and UK TV programmes here in the Philippines.Many of them seem to be complicated and have a significant cost.
We have a somewhat unreliable internet service here in our part of Cavite and I was never able to get Filmon to work well. But I found Telly Abroad three years ago - it's a VPN which offers one easy access to mainly BBC and ITV services for only $30US a year. I don't really need a VPN for internet surfing but if one did that would be another advantage.It's easy to install, works well and, crucially, doesn't slow down one's computer, unlike some others I tried.
So, Springsteen, using a VPN service like Telly Abroad you could watch the Saturday MOTD here early next morning or the Sunday repeat early Sunday evening.. You could also watch on the BBC iPlayer later in the week.
What's all this recording and downloading business about for Soaps and other regular programmes, when one can easily watch at a nominal cost on the BBC, ITV and C4 iPlayer services using a VPN?
There is also the BBC Downloader service. They changed it last year and I couldn't get the new version to work (but,MikeMike, you may be able to). Now I rely on the file sharing BitTorrent to download BBC programmes.A totally free and uncomplicated option, once set up by any savvy teenager! All the main UK series and documentaries are soon available to download after being broadcast and some of the less popular output too. With no time limit to watch, either! I have never tried to download MOTD through BitTorrent, but I am sure it is there.
Yes, one can also watch UK TV on internet sites, which I do when the internet connection isn't up to watching on the official BBC and ITV live services.For example livetvcafe.net or time4tv. They work most of the time for the main channels like BBC1 - less good for channels like BBC2. For football games there is such a lot of choice you can usually find a watchable stream somewhere.
My other sports viewing interests are mostly catered for too.Six Nations Rugby Union is on the BBC and international Cricket can also be watched on various internet sites, especially Indian ones.
Old Feb 15th 2015, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Raffin
Reading this thread I am noticing a number of recommendations for various services for viewing sports and UK TV programmes here in the Philippines.Many of them seem to be complicated and have a significant cost.
We have a somewhat unreliable internet service here in our part of Cavite and I was never able to get Filmon to work well. But I found Telly Abroad three years ago - it's a VPN which offers one easy access to mainly BBC and ITV services for only $30US a year. I don't really need a VPN for internet surfing but if one did that would be another advantage.It's easy to install, works well and, crucially, doesn't slow down one's computer, unlike some others I tried.
So, Springsteen, using a VPN service like Telly Abroad you could watch the Saturday MOTD here early next morning or the Sunday repeat early Sunday evening.. You could also watch on the BBC iPlayer later in the week.
What's all this recording and downloading business about for Soaps and other regular programmes, when one can easily watch at a nominal cost on the BBC, ITV and C4 iPlayer services using a VPN?
There is also the BBC Downloader service. They changed it last year and I couldn't get the new version to work (but,MikeMike, you may be able to). Now I rely on the file sharing BitTorrent to download BBC programmes.A totally free and uncomplicated option, once set up by any savvy teenager! All the main UK series and documentaries are soon available to download after being broadcast and some of the less popular output too. With no time limit to watch, either! I have never tried to download MOTD through BitTorrent, but I am sure it is there.
Yes, one can also watch UK TV on internet sites, which I do when the internet connection isn't up to watching on the official BBC and ITV live services.For example livetvcafe.net or time4tv. They work most of the time for the main channels like BBC1 - less good for channels like BBC2. For football games there is such a lot of choice you can usually find a watchable stream somewhere.
My other sports viewing interests are mostly catered for too.Six Nations Rugby Union is on the BBC and international Cricket can also be watched on various internet sites, especially Indian ones.
I do not subscribe to any feeds or links. i use Bit comet to download my torrents. I am in South metro area and our PLDT link is as rubbish as ever. last night I gave up on the 6 nations as filmon and others just would not stream without constant disruption. Yet the cricket was perfect just the result was not!! PLDT are just very poor and spend time throttling their band width.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.