Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Urgent: help philippine birthcertificate w/ British passport overseas

Urgent: help philippine birthcertificate w/ British passport overseas

Old Sep 29th 2016, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

3xie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent: help philippine birthcertificate w/ British passport overseas

Can anyone help me? Need advice. My question is. I have a british passport because of my mom but i lived in the Philippines since birth.
Can i apply for a filipino passport as well?
Then if i go outside the country.
Would there be no hassle if i show 2 of my passports?
Also, Ive heard about the a retention and reacquiring fil citizenship", which i dont understa d its needed coz i am a filipino as well and its very expensive.. im from the philippines.
Is the certification optional
? Hope someone can answer all of my question. Would very.much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by 3xie; Sep 29th 2016 at 5:13 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 5:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent: help philippine birthcertificate w/ British passport overseas

Not entirely sure what you're asking but if you are a Philippine citizen then you can apply for a Philippine passport. If you're not then you can't.
Old Sep 30th 2016, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent: help philippine birthcertificate w/ British passport overseas

If you are a resident filipino there is nothing to stop you from applying for a Filipino passport. You will need birth cert for you and proof your mother is pinay

You can be dual citizen my children are

If you show your filipino passport you will be required to pay travel tax

If you show your UK passport then you will be required to get Immigration clearance if you have stayed over 21 days without paying the renewal fees, you may also need an ACR card if you have been relying on the Uk passport

Our children show the Filipino passport when leaving and entering and UK passport when entering and leaving destinations.

Last edited by mikemike; Sep 30th 2016 at 5:15 am.
Old Oct 1st 2016, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. Because they told me to apply for retention/reacquire filipino citizenship when in fact i live here all my life. Serves as a dual ctizenship certificate and its actually expensive compare to applying for a fil passport..
did they asked you if your a foreign passport holder in the philippines?
Old Oct 1st 2016, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your answer. My mom is british dad is filipino. Did they also applied for dual citizenship certificate? Or is it ok to have only 2 passport instead?
Old Oct 1st 2016, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

can be 2 passports serve as a proof of dual citizenship in the philippines?
And dual certificate is optional?
Or would they look for that as well
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

apply on line to the DFA for a passport and cross check the requirements

Nothing to prevent you holding two passports if eligible to do so