Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Urgent help or advise needed

Urgent help or advise needed

Old May 31st 2016, 6:37 am
Just Joined

mdcol1335 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent help or advise needed

thank for you message Steve

yes hard to believe but it the truth, im not with my children, i would not know if they were sick or not as i cant see them, the grandfather has my children. They live in small town where the family grew up so they have many family member working in the municipality and mayor office including there mayor. How am i trying to scam im not asking for money or anything just advise and maybe some useful websites i could access to gain information to help me.
Old May 31st 2016, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdcol1335
I moved to the Philippines 3 years ago to be with my wife.
We as a family was only coming to philippines for 3 weeks vacation and now we have been here 15 months.
Could you please tell us which of these claims is true?
Old May 31st 2016, 10:10 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teejaydee
Could you please tell us which of these claims is true?
If EITHER of those is true then this
Yes i can prove they usually live in the UK, .....
cannot be true.
Old May 31st 2016, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Guys I was convinced this was a scam, when I initially advised i could not add anymore, just not sure enough to call it at that time.

BPO 7 hours north of Manila I do not thinks so!!!

''Being here for the amount of time i have i also have lost my accent and now sound like Filipino. ''

I have been here for 14 years and not lost my accent or the ability to construct written English

Guys this is a Con and I would suggest the MODS may wish to flag a warning

Also when googled this unique name comes up for a Russian website that if you click on will have your Firewall going crazy.

You have been warned!!

mdcol1335 - UBLove.com - сайт знакомств, сайт для переписки с ..

Last edited by mikemike; May 31st 2016 at 12:03 pm.
Old May 31st 2016, 12:38 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

I understand your concerns, guys, but scams normally involve asking for money or taking us off to dodgy websites. Let's see if the OP comes back here and helps us along a little with the latest questions.
Old May 31st 2016, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
I understand your concerns, guys, but scams normally involve asking for money or taking us off to dodgy websites. Let's see if the OP comes back here and helps us along a little with the latest questions.
Well If you think he is going to ask for money now then it will be a hoot. the con was slowly settling in with sympathy factor, outrage that embassy does nothing The next stage is to NOT ask but will accept any assistance. By the way the UK embassy does not give out details of attorneys. The dodgy website with his unique handle is identified, then again its not pay pal

Anyone know of anywhere 7 hours north of manila by bus with BPO offices and expats there

Angeles 2 hours

Baguio 5 hours

Laoag 5 hours

After that you are in the Boonies heading for Pagapud and the south China sea

then again I am just a cynic auditioning for Grumpy old man part 3

Last edited by mikemike; May 31st 2016 at 1:08 pm.
Old May 31st 2016, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikemike
Well If you think he is going to ask for money now then it will be a hoot. the con was slowly settling in with sympathy factor, outrage that embassy does nothing The next stage is to NOT ask but will accept any assistance. By the way the UK embassy does not give out details of attorneys. The dodgy website with his unique handle is identified, then again its not pay pal

Anyone know of anywhere 7 hours north of manila by bus with BPO offices and expats there

Angeles 2 hours

Baguio 5 hours

Laoag 5 hours

After that you are in the Boonies heading for Pagapud and the south China sea

then again I am just a cynic auditioning for Grumpy old man part 3

Here's another cynical grumpy old man

I was pretty sure he was doing what is called 'The Long Con' after three or four posts but he could have also been just a common or garden troll

Evidently some on here are not familiar with 'Hustle' or Leverage' but FWIW when a poster needing help (or money) starts saying can you PM me please its a dead give away.
Old May 31st 2016, 3:05 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Look guys, as spammy as this may seem to some of you, it does not yet constitute a spam. The OP PM'd me for guidance and I replied to him. He has not broken any rules.

I am conscious that some members have taken time to respond to him in good faith and it behoves us all to await clarification of this situation before jumping to judgment.
Old May 31st 2016, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Look guys, as spammy as this may seem to some of you, it does not yet constitute a spam. The OP PM'd me for guidance and I replied to him. He has not broken any rules.

I am conscious that some members have taken time to respond to him in good faith and it behoves us all to await clarification of this situation before jumping to judgment.
Its not spamming but trolling IMO.
Old May 31st 2016, 3:16 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Originally Posted by mfh
Its not spamming but trolling IMO.
No, it's not trolling:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
Old May 31st 2016, 3:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Looks to me like a text book case of trolling, albeit a fairly benign one. From the link you posted:
.... posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.
Old May 31st 2016, 3:36 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Looks to me like a text book case of trolling, albeit a fairly benign one. From the link you posted:
As you wish - just go figure who the troll is

Now back to thread please - assuming the OP ever returns.
Old May 31st 2016, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Other "facts" the OP seems to get mixed up.

In first post he says moved to Philippines three years ago to be with wife.

Further on he says they have been there for 15 months after arriving for a three week vacation.

I always wonder why people post these type of messages on forums. Do they really think a) forum readers believe these stories and b) are going to provide resources for them to get plane tickets/hire attorneys/pay off their debts?
Old May 31st 2016, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
.... I always wonder why people post these type of messages on forums. Do they really think a) forum readers believe these stories and b) are going to provide resources for them to get plane tickets/hire attorneys/pay off their debts?
If they expect that they are obviously unfamiliar with the stereotypical British personality traits of scepticism and sarcasm.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Other "facts" the OP seems to get mixed up.

In first post he says moved to Philippines three years ago to be with wife.

Further on he says they have been there for 15 months after arriving for a three week vacation.

I always wonder why people post these type of messages on forums. Do they really think a) forum readers believe these stories and b) are going to provide resources for them to get plane tickets/hire attorneys/pay off their debts?
Quick answer is yes!! ''wekome to da pilipines'' The on line fishing industry is alive and well and may not even be rivaled by our friends from Nigeria

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.