UK passport office

Old Dec 27th 2016, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK passport office

Just to cheer up those who need to renew passports soon. Sent my sons passport on Tuesday 13th - left Cebu at 6.00pm, delivered to Liverpool Friday morning, new passport left Liverpool on 20th and delivered back here on 23rd!
That's with the Christmas "rush". Well done HMPO.
Old Dec 29th 2016, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK passport office

As a matter of interest, which postal service did you use for the outward journey? Would it be a fair guess to suggest that it wasn't PhilPost’s 'Express' track & trace service?
Old Dec 29th 2016, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
As a matter of interest, which postal service did you use for the outward journey? Would it be a fair guess to suggest that it wasn't PhilPost’s 'Express' track & trace service?
The only time I have ever used PhilPost’s 'Express' track & trace service it took 3 days for the tracking number to be activated showing that the letter had got as far as Manila. The following 4 or 5 days that is where it stayed then the tracking number became "No such number" when typed in. The letter arrived in Europe five and a half weeks later. There was only original signed documents in it but the recipient did mention that it looked like the envelope had been opened.

I have used LBC with great success for letters and Balikbayan boxes.
Old Dec 29th 2016, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
No, used DHL. Used to use LBC but when they updated their computer system, tracking stopped when they handed item over to DHL in Manila! My local DHL agent was only 200 pesos more than LBC and It is trackable all the way and takes a day less. Cost 2400p but worth every single one! Comes back via DHL as well.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

First, alittle back ground. I think we may have been one of the last child passport issues for the Manila embassy before they stopped the service

Now it is renewal time

I have just received a confirmation from the passport office that they will not accept a renewal unless countersigned by a BRITISH national with their passport numbers being made available.

I have asked why this is so as being overseas we do not have British nationals available and the embassy does not provide a verification service anymore.

Anyone know how to deal with this, I will be happy to buy a coffee for anyone who would like to act as verification.

I cannot believe that local professionals here, who we associate with are not regarded as such for a renewal process!! gobsmacked is the word
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikemike
First, alittle back ground. I think we may have been one of the last child passport issues for the Manila embassy before they stopped the service

Now it is renewal time

I have just received a confirmation from the passport office that they will not accept a renewal unless countersigned by a BRITISH national with their passport numbers being made available.

I have asked why this is so as being overseas we do not have British nationals available and the embassy does not provide a verification service anymore.

Anyone know how to deal with this, I will be happy to buy a coffee for anyone who would like to act as verification.

I cannot believe that local professionals here, who we associate with are not regarded as such for a renewal process!! gobsmacked is the word
Hidden away in the instructions, it does say another countersignatory is acceptable BUT it will take extra time as they then have to check this person. Easy to check UK citizen with passport number. I am lucky in that my sons FIL is a supreme court judge here and I've used him in the past since the register of judges is public. I suppose you could use a lawyer or notary - the main thing is that their status needs to be checkable.

I'm in Cebu otherwise i'd love to help!
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

It's here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ignatories.pdf

Second page.

Last edited by quiltman; Jan 15th 2017 at 7:21 am. Reason: Wrong link. Looks like one below but isn't!
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Whoops! sorry, this is the one, see "If you're applying outside the Uk"
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ignatories.pdf
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Well , I'm a right wally! repasted same link! Try this one:
https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-pa...ign-what-to-do
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Quitman I have gone through this and they do insist that the counter signatory has a British passport number

I am stumped unless a volunteer can step forward and i be happy to help them in case of need
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Then again a local can be accepted if they have a passport?? this is a dumb process. i know I have never had my renewals evidenced through a check on the counter signatory
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Mike,
I suppose it depends on the interpretation of:
If you’re applying outside the UK

Your countersignatory must have a current British, Irish or other EU, US or Commonwealth passport.
If they have a US, Commonwealth, or non-British or non-Irish EU passport, you must include with your application a colour photocopy of the page with their photograph on it.
Your application will be processed faster if they have a British or Irish passport.

I suppose this is because they can check these passports online. Are there no US citizens in your neck of the woods , or Dutch, Belgian etc? Try sticking a post on FB.
(Brits in the Philippines for example) I'm lucky now in that I know a few Brit and US expats but we only say "hello" to each other in the local Mall!

At the absolute worst, you can send me your papers via courier, I'll countersign them and send them back to you for forwarding to UK. If this is the only way then send me PM with details.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Quiltman

Many thanks for your kind offer

In order not to complicate your life at this time. I will try to get this done. I have immersed myself in local life here. I do not have any foreign contacts, who have stayed, many have moved on or under!!

Should I draw a blank, I would be very pleased and grateful for your kind offer
Old Jan 19th 2017, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

times like this i am willing to confess that I am far too stupid to own a computer

I started to complete the on line apps and realised that I was not ''logged in''

Then even have a very helpful ''log in'' button where you place your user name and password, like this site in many ways...EXCEPT

They do not have a ''register here'' button or they do and I am just too stupid to see it.

So I could not save the 80% complete doc whilst I spent time digging up the maternal grandparents details, result, I get to start again.

I decided I would log in and get password done so I can save the data

Yet How the **** do you register without a register button

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...wing_new/child
Old Jan 19th 2017, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikemike
times like this i am willing to confess that I am far too stupid to own a computer

I started to complete the on line apps and realised that I was not ''logged in''

Then even have a very helpful ''log in'' button where you place your user name and password, like this site in many ways...EXCEPT

They do not have a ''register here'' button or they do and I am just too stupid to see it.

So I could not save the 80% complete doc whilst I spent time digging up the maternal grandparents details, result, I get to start again.

I decided I would log in and get password done so I can save the data

Yet How the **** do you register without a register button

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...wing_new/child
IIRC you have to "save" the document if you have not completed it. Then they send you a user name and password to login.If you complete it and pay, once you submit it they send the email. Note though, that if you do not return to login within 72 hours, you have to start again as it gets deleted. Presumably it assumes you did not want to complete it! Once iI'd filled in my sons application and paid, I got an email with the details to login.
Here's what I got back:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
login details_00.pdf (404.1 KB, 264 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.