Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

UK - Long Term Tourist Visa - Before Getting to Philippines

UK - Long Term Tourist Visa - Before Getting to Philippines

Old May 6th 2015, 5:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat136 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK - Long Term Tourist Visa - Before Getting to Philippines

Hi,

I will be leaving from the UK to Philippines in 3 weeks.

I will be going with my wife.

I am a consultant, and my company will be sorting out my Visa and Flights etc.
But they can not sort out my wifes......i know...i know.

Does anyone know if i can get a long term tourist visa for the Mrs, 6 or 12 months. Initially, from the start. Pick it up in the UK?

(We are married, under 30, both british and have new 10 yr passports)

I dont want to be buying fake plane tickets and leaving the country etc etc, or keep going back to the office in Manila and extending her Visa.

Thanks a lot,
G
Old May 6th 2015, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK - Long Term Tourist Visa - Before Getting to Philippines

On arrival go to the BI office at the airport and get your wife her first visa extension.

I am surprised that there is not a dependent visa for an expat covering wife and children bearing in mind there are so many here in similar situation.

Suggest that you write to the Bureau of immigration and ask if there is such a visa. Quote the visa class that you have been granted so they can understand where you are coming from.
Old May 7th 2015, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK - Long Term Tourist Visa - Before Getting to Philippines

As mikemike says, get a 59 day visa at Manila airport - note the BI office is BEFORE you pass the immigration desk - on Left Hand side if I remember. after that, you can get 6 months tourist visa from the BI office, up to 3 years before she would need to do a visa run. The alternative is to renew every two months - a pain , but relatively easy, except for the hanging about.
I am also surprised your wife is not able to accompany you on your visa, but Hey ho - this is the Philippines!