Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

U.K. Children's first passport

U.K. Children's first passport

Old Oct 24th 2016, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Davyl200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default U.K. Children's first passport

Hi all
New here to the forum,been browsing for a while now.

I've been living in dumaguete for the past 5 years now with my wife but have now decided I've had enough and want some peace back home in the uk.

Couple of questions about kids first passport which I'm in the process of sorting all the requirements.
An idea of avarage times this process is taking from when they receive all the documents if all correct?
I see on requirements they request some pics of parents with the child from when born until now,well with us it's always one of us on the end of the camera so only one parent at a time is on the pic!
One other thing both my wife and son have their ph passports now which I can send but will need mine in Jan 17 for the annual report for 13a visa and also I am a community warden for the Brit embassy and need my passport on occasions. Does anyone know if they except colour photo copies notorised by a lawyer?
Old Oct 24th 2016, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.K. Children's first passport

There is a similar thread in this forum which the OP can have a look.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...erseas-869900/

It looks like that this kind of application will take at lease 10 months.
Old Oct 24th 2016, 4:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Despite what the instructions say, you never need to send original passports, and I would recommend not doing so. Notarized copies will be perfectly acceptable, and although some report sending unnotarized copies without causing a problem, with you living in an Asian country I would recommend getting the copies notarized.
Old Oct 24th 2016, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Davyl200 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies so far,interesting reading the other thread to see how others have got on!