Travelling to EU

Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling to EU

Originally Posted by zarobin
VFS is an outsourced company of several countries in EU (Italy, Netherlands, Austria, Spain, Germany, Belgium) to accept visa applications on their behalf.

What is ILS?
ILS = Indefinity Leave to Stay, I guess the UK equivalent to the US Green Card.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

zarobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Can only get that after 5 years.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Can only get that after 5 years.

It's 5 years now, it was only 2 years when my wife got hers.

It was considdered wise not to leave the country during that 2 years just to save any complications, but 5 years is a bit much to expect you to stay. I would limit the length of time out of the country though. If you were to go for a few months questions would probably be asked.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

I have already looked into that and as far as I know, as long as I don't stay out of the UK for 6 consecutive months or longer I will be fine.

That would have been so good if we only have to wait for 2 years to be permanent resident. By the way I have a UK visa valid for 2 years and 9 months.

If you won't mind, does your wife got a British passport now?
Old Apr 17th 2015, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

The 2 years route for ILR was only for partners who applied as a partner before 9 July 2012.

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility
Old Apr 18th 2015, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I have already looked into that and as far as I know, as long as I don't stay out of the UK for 6 consecutive months or longer I will be fine.

That would have been so good if we only have to wait for 2 years to be permanent resident. By the way I have a UK visa valid for 2 years and 9 months.

If you won't mind, does your wife got a British passport now?
Yes she got her British passport as soon as she qualified. Makes a world of difference fot travelling.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Good for her. I also know someone who acquired British Citizenship in 2 years.
Unfortunately I have to wait for 5 years since the rules have changed now.
It's really difficult for me to travel outside the UK. My partner had enough about applying for my schengen visa so we might just forget about travelling for now.