Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Things Could be Looking Up

Things Could be Looking Up

Old Dec 29th 2017, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things Could be Looking Up

Originally Posted by bestvue
You should know better - sarcasm does not survive here.
It definitely does not. At the election quite a few years ago there was a great thing made of vote for "Mr Clean", I asked the occupants of the vehicle advertising that, if that meant that he washed his hands before he dipped them in the till. Blank looks all round.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Things maybe not so good. Had a go at Globe for slow internet ( 10% of that paid for ) and have been asked 6 times for the following info.

Contact Number (preferably mobile number Globe/TM)
Contact Person
Plan Subscription
Installation Address
Bill Cut-Off Date
Activation Date of Account
Modem Type and Serial Number

All of which is contained in the monthly bill. So have attached bill to every reply, each time they come back with the same request. Looks like any new entry to the Telcom business here has a very low bar to get over to take all the business of existing providers.

Last edited by Stokkevn; Jan 19th 2018 at 11:04 am.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Skycable with internet can read ditto for your globe experience, dumb as a box of rocks. Sad that it leaves shoddy PLDT delivering 0.18mbs this afternoon as a standout wonderful!!
Old Jan 19th 2018, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Today I contacted 8888 to lodge two complaints against Globe. The first is the long standing complaint about poor internet since being upgraded to G4 over a year ago. Since Xmas, it has further deteriorated....so much so that sometimes when trying to conduct on-line banking I get logged out because of lack of activity. This is after logging in and waiting for the site to materialize.

But what go up my nose, was that after a protracted argument with Globe in October, they increased my subscription by about 100 peso to 1100 peso pm in November without first notifying me. I didn't notice this and never check my statement and just pay 1000 pm. I did check about a week ago and noted the price increase and arrears of about 300 peso. The 8888 lady was very helpful and after sending her a few details by e,mail, it is now in the hands of the Gods. I was particularly irked because I contacted Globe by e.mail on 3 occasions querying the increase and all I got was a response saying that they will respond within 24hrs......and have a wonderful day. No doubt with a smiley face. So we will see what happens. Response is expected in about 5 days.....I will let you know the outcome.

Regards
Old Jan 20th 2018, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings!

Today I contacted 8888 to lodge two complaints against Globe. The first is the long standing complaint about poor internet since being upgraded to G4 over a year ago. Since Xmas, it has further deteriorated....so much so that sometimes when trying to conduct on-line banking I get logged out because of lack of activity. This is after logging in and waiting for the site to materialize.

But what go up my nose, was that after a protracted argument with Globe in October, they increased my subscription by about 100 peso to 1100 peso pm in November without first notifying me. I didn't notice this and never check my statement and just pay 1000 pm. I did check about a week ago and noted the price increase and arrears of about 300 peso. The 8888 lady was very helpful and after sending her a few details by e,mail, it is now in the hands of the Gods. I was particularly irked because I contacted Globe by e.mail on 3 occasions querying the increase and all I got was a response saying that they will respond within 24hrs......and have a wonderful day. No doubt with a smiley face. So we will see what happens. Response is expected in about 5 days.....I will let you know the outcome.

Regards
On my last email to them I told them they had 3 days to fix the problem and if it was technically too advanced for them could they please send me contact details on the new Telcom contractor. Gone very quite since then.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

New proposal which is looking good is that all cell towers are to be set up by an independent firm and that all telecoms pay rental for use. Should break the back of the idiot oligarchs in this industry, just in time for the Chinese arrival.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Globe have reverted asking for billing address and subscription plan both they say are on the billing invoice which was attached to the email they replied to. My reply was

"Please can you confirm that the billing statement is the document that I attached to the previous email. If it is I can open it and copy down the information contained in it and send it to you in an email. I know it is difficult to open and involves looking for the info."

Roll on the entry of the new service provider, they definitely can not be any worse than what we have now.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

After and ANC interview with someone about our new telco player, it now seems like they will not have enough frequencies allocated to them to allow them to enter the mobile internet market. So they will service just mobile phones and any fiber optic they install.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Current tendency here to over promise, even not keep promises at all in a number of policy areas.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

The new player in IT was supposed to be in place at the end of March, well that obviously did not happen. But it gets worse, some undersecretary in the communications dept said the other day that they were developing the Terms of Reference, making it sound like the new contractor was in place. Terms of Reference are developed to be able to produce contract tenders so I think the chances of having a 3rd player this year is sightly optimistic.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes I suspect that PLDT and others are influencing the lack of speed in the proposals. In the mean time they have seen this as a window of opportunity to start delivering, even if several year behind. We are now seeing Fiber roll out in our southern metro division and I was advised they should be complete by August, So, if true, I may get my 50mbs some time this year. This will of course run as low as 20mbs and below as per usual )
Old Jun 8th 2018, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we went from a very dodgy mobile signal to fibre in our barungy earlier this year.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

A friend at the end of the road signed up for this fibre optic option with PLDT, the service was to start on 1st March, I told him not to cancel his Globe until he actually had a service from PLDT. Come end March he contacted PLDT to ask where his fibre optic connection was. They just said that there were not enough customers to make it worth while, he then asked for his deposit back which was looked at by PLDT as a gift and took ages to get back. PLDT have since been back on a sales trip in the area, I put my name down ( with no deposit ), guess what, they never got back to me.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nothing surprises me anymore. sad day really, the meaning of life is dashed before me)

Anyway i suspect that we may get Fiber up and running sometime in Q3. I will keep you all updated.....something to live for lol )
Old Jun 9th 2018, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
Nothing surprises me anymore. sad day really, the meaning of life is dashed before me)

Anyway i suspect that we may get Fiber up and running sometime in Q3. I will keep you all updated.....something to live for lol )
Well we recently moved house and on this subdivision there is a choice of Sky or Globe - no PLDT at all. Previously we had a 50mbps package with PLDT fiber and here we have a 24mbs with Sky.
Our previous experience with Sky was the reason we changed to PLDT. Now, after 4 weeks I must say there have been no problems at all with Sky - we have TV and internet.
The signal is steady and the speeds seem OK. I've just done a speedtest to UK and got 15.7mbps down and 2.9mbs up. singapore gave 13.8mbps up but only 1.8mbps up.
Streaming TV is fine using our android box with minuscule buffering. Either we're lucky or Sky have upped their service levels. We have the cell number of the local Sky guy to call direct if we have any problems. Fingers crossed the present situation is not a "special offer" valid for a couple of months!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.