SRRV retirement visas

Old Aug 26th 2015, 2:08 am
Just Joined

cymruchris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SRRV retirement visas

Does anyone on the boards have any experience of obtaining the SRRV visas? Particularly the option which you deposit USD50k and then transfer it into property 30 days later?
Old Aug 26th 2015, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SRRV retirement visas

http://britishexpats.com/forum/phili...t-visa-786729/
Old Aug 26th 2015, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Getting the SRRV is not a problem. converting your deposit may be! I did not bother , but there again my deposit was $10K , not $50K. If no one here has done this, then your best bet is to ask the PRA direct as the wording is quite loose. For buying a condo, then you can meet the $50K investment level OK , but for long term lease, then I cannot see how your "investment" exceeds $50K at one time as the lease would be a lot less than this.
anyway, it says on my SRRV that any investment has to be approved by PRA so I'd ask them first to be on the safe side, but being the Philippines, don't rely on the answer 100%!! to be fair, I've found the PRA here in Cebu to be very helpful AND efficient. took me 20 minutes to renew my ID this year.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cymruchris
Does anyone on the boards have any experience of obtaining the SRRV visas? Particularly the option which you deposit USD50k and then transfer it into property 30 days later?
Watch out for the admin charges from the PRA they apply to condo lease, I seem to remember these were very high when I was thinking of doing it.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 12:27 am
Just Joined

cymruchris is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the input above - some good info so far I'm attending the PRA briefing next month - but interested still to hear from anyone that's specifically gone through the $50k route....