SRRV - mediical

Old Oct 1st 2016, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default SRRV - mediical

I am going to apply for a SRRV classic Visa. I have downloaded the forms and apart for the medical ( bank account in the Philippines with US$ 20,000, UK police clearance etc) I have all the other requirements.

A ex-pat friend in the Philippines as recommended a local doctor who can facilitate this. My question is it acceptable for a medical carried out in the Philippines to be allowed for the SRRV visa.I am on a very tight timescale and getting it done in the UK would increase my already overloaded schedule.

I will be arriving in the Philippines about the 20th November to organise customs clearance of our domestic furniture which will arrive in Subic Port around 6th December. Obviously, having obtained a SRRV visa the shipment will be exempt from any duty or VAT taxes.

I understand that to obtain a SRRV Visa the processing time is 7-10 days (should just about be enough time before the container arrives) and be can obtained at a local bureau of immigration.

Can anyone help with advice.

Thanks,

Mikek.
Old Oct 1st 2016, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SRRV - mediical

Originally Posted by mikek1
I am going to apply for a SRRV classic Visa. I have downloaded the forms and apart for the medical ( bank account in the Philippines with US$ 20,000, UK police clearance etc) I have all the other requirements.

A ex-pat friend in the Philippines as recommended a local doctor who can facilitate this. My question is it acceptable for a medical carried out in the Philippines to be allowed for the SRRV visa.I am on a very tight timescale and getting it done in the UK would increase my already overloaded schedule.

I will be arriving in the Philippines about the 20th November to organise customs clearance of our domestic furniture which will arrive in Subic Port around 6th December. Obviously, having obtained a SRRV visa the shipment will be exempt from any duty or VAT taxes.

I understand that to obtain a SRRV Visa the processing time is 7-10 days (should just about be enough time before the container arrives) and be can obtained at a local bureau of immigration.

Thanks,

Mikek.
I had my medical done here at the local hospitals ( one did one test but not the other ), cost was about P1,600 but did take the best part of a day to complete - all those forms in triplicate and constant trips to window number 3 to pay for each test at a time.
Old Oct 1st 2016, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry can't hep, but my 13a medicals were done in the Philippines, no problem. The medical results had to be taken to the Quarantine office, which in Cebu is opposite DSWD, near Queensland, and White Gold. They stamp your passport.
There are many accredited Medical Centers, which can do the tests for you.
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

A GP at the Caritas Clinic did ours. Gave us the certificates and we just submitted them.
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
A GP at the Caritas Clinic did ours. Gave us the certificates and we just submitted them.

It is very cheap too. Did you have to report to the Quarantine Office? They did other tests there for me, when I went. Oh there is a chest X-Ray for 13a as well. Quarantine checks that too.
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer
It is very cheap too. Did you have to report to the Quarantine Office? They did other tests there for me, when I went. Oh there is a chest X-Ray for 13a as well. Quarantine checks that too.
No. This was in 2013. We had the tests, got the certificates and sent them with our other documents to the PRA. Absolutely no comments at all mentioned.Got X ray at Hi=Precision, took it with us to the GP, she checked them and certified us as being alive!
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

"she checked them and certified us as being alive!"
I trust my doctor's opinion. So when I have any Proof of Continuing Existence" signed. I have it done by my doctor. Always a relief when they confirm it.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer
"she checked them and certified us as being alive!"
I trust my doctor's opinion. So when I have any Proof of Continuing Existence" signed. I have it done by my doctor. Always a relief when they confirm it.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Spalding UK : Cagayan de Oro Philippines ( from 2017)
keithg6nvc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikek1

Thanks,

Mikek.
Mikek
I was told by PRA's Marie Rose
SRRV Classic with pension
is taking UP TO 6 weeks to process ??
I am when I arrive 2nd April '17 paying for 59 day visa
hope this is helpful ?
good luck
keith g6nvc