srrv classic with pension

Old Sep 21st 2016, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: srrv classic with pension

Yes, ask your GP for a copy. They can charge you - a maximum of £50 I think. We had my wifes copied before we came here due to her long term health problems and it proved very useful to her diabetic consultant here. IIRC it cost us £17.50 for an inch thick wad of photocopies! Are you taking any regular medicines? If so, post the names and I'll find the equivalents here and their costs.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Location: Spalding UK : Cagayan de Oro Philippines ( from 2017)
keithg6nvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: srrv classic with pension / UK medical records

Originally Posted by keithg6nvc
hello all
can anybody enlighten me as to what I do about my medical records
in UK .... do I ask for a copy of them to take with me ??
if so do I ask my GP or who /were? or does the Philippine system have access to my records ??
thanks keithg6nvc
Quiltman
oh thank you that is good I didn't know about that, I will ask my GP
can you explain IIRC for me please ? I am taking Ramipril 5mg (blood pressure) Quinine sulfate 200mg(night cramps) Synalar gel (psoriasis)
also need a B12 jab every 90 days
so nothing too serious really but you never know what else is in front of us
cheers
keithg6nvc
Old Sep 21st 2016, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

IIRC means If I Recall Correctly. I'll go check your medicines - it may take a day or so, especially the B12 jab.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Oh sorry that one passed me by.........
ok many thanks that is so good of you
cheers keith
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by keithg6nvc
Oh sorry that one passed me by.........
ok many thanks that is so good of you
cheers keith
Right Keith, here's what I've got so far.
Ramipril 5mg - Many versions here, Ramipro 5mg is 525pesos for 30 tablets

Quinine Sulfate 200mg - According to MIMs (Pharmacists bible) only 325mg available here at 1361pesos for 100 tablets.

Synalar Gel - only Synalar Cream or ointment, 25% is 273pesos per 5g tube and 10% is 253pesos per 5g tube.

Re B12 injection. This is shown as part of B complex injection but MIMs does not give prices, only size of injection vials. not surprising as I assume generally only doctors/clinics/hospitals would use them and not self injected? I can ask at our local doctors but to be fair, there are shelves filled with multi vitamins here - tablets, powder, capsules etc. Unless you MUST have the injection then you'll have no problem finding the right combination of vitamins!

Generally speaking, very few medicines here need a prescription but it does to some extent depend on your local pharmacist. where we get my wifes from they should ask for prescription certainly for her Tramadol and angimax, but they never do! any other medical queries you have, let me know and I'll try and help.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quiltman
Right Keith, here's what I've got so far.
Ramipril 5mg - Many versions here, Ramipro 5mg is 525pesos for 30 tablets

Quinine Sulfate 200mg - According to MIMs (Pharmacists bible) only 325mg available here at 1361pesos for 100 tablets.

Synalar Gel - only Synalar Cream or ointment, 25% is 273pesos per 5g tube and 10% is 253pesos per 5g tube.

Re B12 injection. This is shown as part of B complex injection but MIMs does not give prices, only size of injection vials. not surprising as I assume generally only doctors/clinics/hospitals would use them and not self injected? I can ask at our local doctors but to be fair, there are shelves filled with multi vitamins here - tablets, powder, capsules etc. Unless you MUST have the injection then you'll have no problem finding the right combination of vitamins!

Generally speaking, very few medicines here need a prescription but it does to some extent depend on your local pharmacist. where we get my wifes from they should ask for prescription certainly for her Tramadol and angimax, but they never do! any other medical queries you have, let me know and I'll try and help.
Oh you are a Good man
That is great news
Many many thanks.
Yes the B12 is a jab every 90 days so will have to get doctor to do that
Again many many thanks
That has given me a start to know that medication is on tap so to speak...
Cheers
Keithg6nvc
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Quiltman, if its not too much trouble can I ask you to check the availability of a medicine for myself?
It is Co-Diovan 160/12,5
Much appreciated.

David
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Quiltman, if its not too much trouble can I ask you to check the availability of a medicine for myself?
It is Co-Diovan 160/12,5
Much appreciated.

David
No problem David. Listed as Novartis Co-Diovan 160/12.5mg tablet, packed in 28s at 2362.65pesos a pack. There are no generics listed, but that does not mean there aren't any!
Something for both you and Keith to be aware of is that a lot of drugs are not stocked by the pharmacies or they only have small quantities, they have to order them in as here it's common to buy just one or two tablets at a time and you may need to visit a couple of pharmacies to get what you need. For example, I can get the generics my wife needs (Statin, aspirin, losartan) from Watsons but her Tramadol and Angimax we get from another pharmacy who deal with that particular wholesaler/importer and are cheaper than Watsons.Her insulin we get from her consultant as he's cheaper than any Pharmacy!
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quiltman
No problem David. Listed as Novartis Co-Diovan 160/12.5mg tablet, packed in 28s at 2362.65pesos a pack. There are no generics listed, but that does not mean there aren't any!
Something for both you and Keith to be aware of is that a lot of drugs are not stocked by the pharmacies or they only have small quantities, they have to order them in as here it's common to buy just one or two tablets at a time and you may need to visit a couple of pharmacies to get what you need. For example, I can get the generics my wife needs (Statin, aspirin, losartan) from Watsons but her Tramadol and Angimax we get from another pharmacy who deal with that particular wholesaler/importer and are cheaper than Watsons.Her insulin we get from her consultant as he's cheaper than any Pharmacy!

Many thanks for that Quiltman. Thats exactly the same as I am paying in Dubai.
Cheers
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Many thanks for that Quiltman. Thats exactly the same as I am paying in Dubai.
Cheers
You're welcome!
Old Sep 24th 2016, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Yes most chemists here have limited supplies, especially of the more expensive drugs. I always go to the same branch of Watsons for mine, and now find I can get thirty tablets at P140 each in one go. As the ordering system is computer controlled. They expect me the second week of each month, with my shipping order, now down to P11200 for thirty days supply of medicine. I use my SM loyalty card to collect the points, reducing the price by ½% effectively.
A lot of generic pharmacies have sprung up, and most mainstream drugstores offer generic alternatives, if you want them, and they are available.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer
Yes most chemists here have limited supplies, especially of the more expensive drugs. I always go to the same branch of Watsons for mine, and now find I can get thirty tablets at P140 each in one go. As the ordering system is computer controlled. They expect me the second week of each month, with my shipping order, now down to P11200 for thirty days supply of medicine. I use my SM loyalty card to collect the points, reducing the price by ½% effectively.
A lot of generic pharmacies have sprung up, and most mainstream drugstores offer generic alternatives, if you want them, and they are available.
We usually order 3 months worth at a go. Most of my wifes tablets are in range of 25/60 pesos each , with aspirin and losartan being a lot less than 25pesos. It's the insulin that's the killer!
Old Sep 24th 2016, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the Lozartan is P27.25 a shot, as opposed to Hytrin at around P90.
An American friend living here, returned to the States, because of the cost of his Insulin.
We must be saving the NHS a fortune living here. I hardly needed the NHS in UK, but I guess I am a lot older now.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

My good lady certainly is! On the other hand, her diabetic consultant here has done more to get her sugars under control than the NHS did in 20 years!
Old Sep 24th 2016, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Absolutely Quiltman. The treatment I have received here is first class. I was an emergency admission to Chong Hua last year. My prime physician, was on a day's leave, but immediately on hearing from her Intern, left a family gathering, and was in A & E with me within the hour, and starting off the treatment. Everything was thorough, and done quickly.
Then the medicine, I was warned that my preference, although better with many advantages, was about ten times the cost of the alternative. However I opted for the better one.
The doctors here explain everything to you, and you can ask questions, which are answered.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.