srrv classic with pension

Old Sep 10th 2016, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Spalding UK : Cagayan de Oro Philippines ( from 2017)
keithg6nvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default srrv classic with pension

hello all
I am new here so please forgive me if these questions of mine have had answers to them before??
has anyone used the services of vaningen management
by Mary Rose ......in Makati City MANILA they are on the PRA web page...
I have just started my journey and hope these fine people are
good to deal with and TRUST WORTHY ?
they seem to me to be very nice people and very helpful.
Any help that is offered with regard my SRRV CLASSIC progress through the system will be gratefully accepted
keithg6nvc
Old Sep 11th 2016, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: srrv classic with pension

Originally Posted by keithg6nvc
hello all
I am new here so please forgive me if these questions of mine have had answers to them before??
Any help that is offered with regard my SRRV CLASSIC progress through the system will be gratefully accepted
keithg6nvc
Mary and her husband have been working with the PRA for many years. Mary as an accredited agent and Eli as a lead member of the European expat association, also linked on the PRA web page as Eurama expat.

I understand that you are looking at CDO

Kingston lodge towards the old Lumbia airport is a good place to start, expat owned and run and a center of expat activity. They have self catering units as well as non catering options two small pools restaurant and lots of information as to what is going on and where to stay long term if so minded etc
https://www.facebook.com/kingstonlodgehotel/

Hope the above helps
Old Sep 11th 2016, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

MIKE
Thank you for this information it really is what I`d hoped the answer would be.
Mary is VERY HELPFUL and I have talked to her on the phone as she is at home in NEDRLANDS at this time and NOTHING seems to much problem for her and of course PLENTY of Very Useful advise........
YES I am locating to CDO very close to KINSTON LODGE
out at LUMBIA ..... I CAN CONFIRM it is a very well run establishment 5 star.
I have an apartment that is being totally re furbished at the moment.....
My next trip out end of March will be THE trip as I will be staying GOD WILLING..... thanks for Confirming MARY is a good person
keithg6nvc
Old Sep 11th 2016, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute

hello all
keithg6nvc
I've had a different experience from mikemike. Great to start with but .... I'd rather not post negative comments on an open forum about someone who is unable to defend themselves. Is it possible to send a private message to the original poster here and if so, how?
Old Sep 11th 2016, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya
Being new on here I'm not sure how to PM
at the moment I'm sure I will get used to the how too
But unable to help at this time
... As I find more things to use I will of course send you a message for any help you can give me it will be much appreciated but until then I'm stumped I'm afraid
Cheers now AND MANY THANKS
FOR YOUR INPUT
Keithg6nvc
Old Sep 11th 2016, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute
Default SRRV Classic with Pension - Choice of Accredited Agent

Hiya Being new on here I'm not sure how to PM at the moment. I'm sure I will get used to the how too But unable to help at this time ... As I find more things to use I will of course send you a message for any help you can give me it will be much appreciated but until then I'm stumped I'm afraid Cheers now AND MANY THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT Keithg6nvc
keithg6nvc If you've already committed yourself, then there's little point in my saying anything. However, if you haven't committed and would genuinely like to have another opinion, then we shall have to wait until a moderator or a more experienced member can inform us how to PM, if that is actually possible. Do submit another post please, stating whether or not you are already committed to the agent as that would be a crucial factor in deciding whether or not to pursue the PM route.

I may have misquoted mikemike earlier as I note he was purely stating a fact rather than his experience. Sorry about that mikemike. Anyhow, I don't want to leave you hanging in the air with this one, therefore I will state the following: everything that mikemike said about Mary is true, i.e.: 'Mary and her husband have been working with the PRA for many years. Mary as an accredited agent and ......' I've never met her husband so I cannot comment on that front.

I just thought I'd give you my 2 cents worth before you fully commit yourself to the said agent so that you are in a position to make an informed decision. What you haven't heard is the experience of someone who has already used that agent from start to finish and how professional they were in my opinion. To be fair, if you are already committed, don't worry as at the end of the day, the agent you are referring to will be able to assist you in processing your SRRV application, so you have nothing to worry on that front. Besides, my opinion is purely that, just an opinion.
Old Sep 11th 2016, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

You do not need to use an agent. I did it on my own. All within three weeks of arrival over the xmas period

The davao office in mindanao is pretty good and the jounrney is not that long if you are going to apply once you are here
Old Sep 12th 2016, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikemike
You do not need to use an agent. I did it on my own. All within three weeks of arrival over the xmas period. The davao office in mindanao is pretty good and the jounrney is not that long if you are going to apply once you are here
mikemike, That's the way to go. The agent sounded so helpful at the start and the cost was so little I thought I had nothing to lose. If I had to do it again, I would definitely do it myself, no question about that. Even better if you can do it somewhere other than Manila.
Old Sep 12th 2016, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Click on the name of the poster and select "send a private message'. simples when you know how!
Old Sep 12th 2016, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: SRRV Classic with Pension - Choice of Accredited Agent

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
keithg6nvc If you've already committed yourself, then there's little point in my saying anything. However, if you haven't committed and would genuinely like to have another opinion, then we shall have to wait until a moderator or a more experienced member can inform us how to PM, if that is actually possible. Do submit another post please, stating whether or not you are already committed to the agent as that would be a crucial factor in deciding whether or not to pursue the PM route.

I may have misquoted mikemike earlier as I note he was purely stating a fact rather than his experience. Sorry about that mikemike. Anyhow, I don't want to leave you hanging in the air with this one, therefore I will state the following: everything that mikemike said about Mary is true, i.e.: 'Mary and her husband have been working with the PRA for many years. Mary as an accredited agent and ......' I've never met her husband so I cannot comment on that front.

I just thought I'd give you my 2 cents worth before you fully commit yourself to the said agent so that you are in a position to make an informed decision. What you haven't heard is the experience of someone who has already used that agent from start to finish and how professional they were in my opinion. To be fair, if you are already committed, don't worry as at the end of the day, the agent you are referring to will be able to assist you in processing your SRRV application, so you have nothing to worry on that front. Besides, my opinion is purely that, just an opinion.
hiya
I have committed to that route it seems to me my best option as I have NEVER had to deal with any agency over seas and I want as much help as I can get for an EASY PASSAGE ....
As for Manila office I can understand that NO one would want to be stuck there in my opinion its like ALL MAJOR CITYS but I need to visit there cos my friend has family there so kill two birds with one stone ......
You have survived the SRRV process so it must be do able
ok thank you for your concern and input and I'm happy to listen to ALL input
cheers kithg6nvc
Old Sep 12th 2016, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike, That's the way to go. The agent sounded so helpful at the start and the cost was so little I thought I had nothing to lose. If I had to do it again, I would definitely do it myself, no question about that. Even better if you can do it somewhere other than Manila.
Please tell me that you did not pay the agent!! All agents are fully funded by the PRA who pay them commissions
Old Sep 13th 2016, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Please tell me that you did not pay the agent!! All agents are fully funded by the PRA who pay them commissions
mikemike, you will be pleased to hear that I didn't pay any fee to the agent. However, I distinctly recall a refundable fee of approximately $25 being requested at some stage. It may have been mentioned during our initial telephone conversation. Something along the lines of you get the fee back when you finish your application. I believe it had something to do with 'covering the agent's time and work' in the event that an applicant starts but doesn't finish the process. In other words, some people start the process, gain all the help and advice from the agent and then don't go through with their application or ditch the agent and continue the process themselves (this last scenario sounds a tad underhand). My understanding is that agents don't get paid their commission unless the SRRV application is finalised and accepted. Under those circumstances, I though the 'deposit' mentioned was reasonable, fair and wouldn't break the bank. Anyhow, for whatever reason, the agent must have felt that I was a sincere applicant because thankfully she didn't ask again for the deposit and I didn't offer it. Getting fees 'returned' at a later stage is often a dodgy concept in my experience.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Mike
NO , no money has been paid the agent has told me their fee comes out I'm my $1,400.00 SRRV fee to PRA
So to answer NO Mike
Old Sep 14th 2016, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

mikemike, you will be pleased to hear that I didn't pay any fee to the agent. However, I distinctly recall a refundable fee of approximately $25 being requested at some stage. It may have been mentioned during our initial telephone conversation. Something along the lines of you get the fee back when you finish your application. I believe it had something to do with 'covering the agent's time and work' in the event that an applicant starts but doesn't finish the process. In other words, some people start the process, gain all the help and advice from the agent and then don't go through with their application or ditch the agent and continue the process themselves (this last scenario sounds a tad underhand). My understanding is that agents don't get paid their commission unless the SRRV application is finalised and accepted. Under those circumstances, I though the 'deposit' mentioned was reasonable, fair and wouldn't break the bank. Anyhow, for whatever reason, the agent must have felt that I was a sincere applicant because thankfully she didn't ask again for the deposit and I didn't offer it. Getting fees 'returned' at a later stage is often a dodgy concept in my experience.
Mike
I dont recall a $25 fee
BUT as you have stated
if they only get paid on results and are treated underhand
then I say that a small fee should be up front if applicant goes on after
most of work is done and the agent is NOT left high n dry
as I said I spoke to Mary Rose herself in Holland by phone
and filled out paperwork for her online so am waiting for next stage
of process.....

cheers keith
Old Sep 21st 2016, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: srrv classic with pension / UK medical records

hello all
can anybody enlighten me as to what I do about my medical records
in UK .... do I ask for a copy of them to take with me ??
if so do I ask my GP or who /were? or does the Philippine system have access to my records ??
thanks keithg6nvc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.