Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Spouse visa and possible roadblock

Spouse visa and possible roadblock

Old Nov 26th 2017, 11:42 am
Just Joined

loki95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa and possible roadblock

My wife plans to apply for a spouse visa next year, my only worry is that. My wife took a loan out for there parents which were supposed to be paid back.

5 months later.. it's not now could this be brought up and used to refuse the visa?

Or is there any way we can check so this could not happen, i do plan to pay it back but not just yet due to personal circumstances...

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa and possible roadblock

It's YOUR income as the sponsoring Brit that matters so as long as you meet the requirements the loan your wife has is immaterial.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

loki95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quiltman
It's YOUR income as the sponsoring Brit that matters so as long as you meet the requirements the loan your wife has is immaterial.

Ahh I see, just reading online saying any unfinished commitments could hinder the decision.

So I’m glad if that debt doesn’t hinder us.

Thank you again.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loki95
Ahh I see, just reading online saying any unfinished commitments could hinder the decision.

So I’m glad if that debt doesn’t hinder us.

Thank you again.
I believe this applies to you. I.e If you have a large loan still to pay then the repayments may reduce YOUR income for calculating meeting the income requirements. Others with a lot more knowledge may pop along later.