Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Shall I move to Metro Manilla?

Shall I move to Metro Manilla?

Old Nov 8th 2008, 3:26 am
Just Joined

pathawkins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shall I move to Metro Manilla?

Gooday

Having lived in the Philippines for more than 10 years I would be more than happy to help you out with any info you may need.

We have a monthly get together for expats in Manila with the next outing on the 19th November at the Intercon in Makati. Starts at 7.30pm if your in town.

My number here is 0917 3828772

Looking forward to catching up with you when your in town

Pat Hawkins
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:13 am
Just Joined

adam35 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i live in england with my filipino wife and we want to move to the philippines {manila} in may but i need to find a job i will do anything with in reason i am a carpenter here! any info would be great!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:18 am
Just Joined

JaysonJones is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Mates,

I'll be in the Philippines in 2 weeks looking for lodging 3-4 months. Personally I would like to be maybe an hour - 3 hours from Manila, maybe an area an not so crowded... I have some paperwork to take care of about 1 day a week in Makati (only 2 hours each visit) so I won't might a bus ride once a week. Do you mates have any suggestions on areas to stay and approx cost of accommodations. looking to spend betweek 14K pesos - 23K pesos monthly for rent.

Aside from that I should be able to handle the rest-I'll post this message on other forums as well.

Jay
Old Apr 10th 2009, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Hi Adam

Saw your posting here and you mentioned that you were coming out in May.

On the work front, I don't really see you working as a carpenter here as you would be employed on local wages which you could not live on.

Get in touch with me when you arrive - 0917 3828772 or email me pat.hawkins (at) gmail.com

Chow Mate

Pat

Originally Posted by adam35
hi i live in england with my filipino wife and we want to move to the philippines {manila} in may but i need to find a job i will do anything with in reason i am a carpenter here! any info would be great!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Hi Jay

Give me a buzz when you arrive... I see you have already sent me an email regarding my units in Makati... happy to have you stay with us until you find a place in the country

Pat

Originally Posted by JaysonJones
Hey Mates,

I'll be in the Philippines in 2 weeks looking for lodging 3-4 months. Personally I would like to be maybe an hour - 3 hours from Manila, maybe an area an not so crowded... I have some paperwork to take care of about 1 day a week in Makati (only 2 hours each visit) so I won't might a bus ride once a week. Do you mates have any suggestions on areas to stay and approx cost of accommodations. looking to spend betweek 14K pesos - 23K pesos monthly for rent.

Aside from that I should be able to handle the rest-I'll post this message on other forums as well.

Jay