Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Sending money back to the UK (BPI Europe)

Sending money back to the UK (BPI Europe)

Old Jun 12th 2017, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sending money back to the UK (BPI Europe)

Originally Posted by JohnSurrey
Another thought - if you've got quite a bit it's probably worth you hunting around the forums for other expats that would buy it off you; that way you can split the rate between you and there are no winners or losers.
I suggested the same thing John in an earlier thread, and was met with a lot of negative feedback, along the lines of I don't trust nobody blah blah blah, but I agree, with the right arrangements set in place, it can be a win win scenario.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending money back to the UK (BPI Europe)

Originally Posted by JohnSurrey
I use BPI Express Online to transfer from UK (BPI Europe) to Phils and then I regularly top up the BPI Europe account from my BPI Filipino account - all online - so don't see any problems for you.

Having said that - I don't know how you can transfer the money from BPI Europe to a high street bank - you may have to enrol your account with BPI Express Online ... or use the Phone App... which strangely is a bit more accommodating than the web app!
Sorry to take so long to answer

BPI express london do not allow funds transferred out unless it is to a linked BPI account.

In saying that they will transfer to a Uk bank account provided it is in the same name as the one held in BPI london. They will transfer the funds same day and charge the usual interbank fees for doing so. Cost me just over 20£ that was 3 years ago.

I was intrigued be the idea that I can send funds back from our Philippines account to London , ie a reversal of the traditional transfer system. Does it work the same way ie you choose an amount in pesos they then give you an online conversion rate to £ and a pesos fee for the transaction. I suspect they must have a limit on this as BSP restricts outflow of capital