LTO

Old Jan 4th 2018, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default LTO

Like many, we paid for our annual vehicle registration for 2017, same as we did for 2016 and never received any stickers. We do have the new vehicle license plates.

So, we went along to the LTO yesterday, to re new for 2018. Stenciled, insurance purchased and smoke test passed and paid for.

Off to pay the annual OCR to be told

''no we cannot as you did not have stickers for last year.''

We advised,

''we did not have stickers for the previous year either despite us paying for them. So why blame us for no stickers when they were not issued and follow up phone calls either never answered or repeated message to call back later.''

We have now been told to call back in two weeks whilst they think about what to do!!

I have written direct to LTO head office and await their Solomonic input.

Any one else having issues?

Last edited by mikemike; Jan 4th 2018 at 2:24 am.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LTO

One of the wife's nephews works at LTO so he takes the smoke test results and a couple of days later will drop the new docs off and I put them in the car. This year when meeting up with him, I gave him last years documents and when he takes them out there is a small ( 1" by 1.5" ) white sticker that just had '2017' on it. This is the new sticker design. Even if I had seen it I think I would have just put it back in the envelope, not realising that it was a sticker.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that little sticker, has adhesive on the front. For sticking to the windshield. All fine, unless the screen is tinted.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

We called yesterday and the local LTO said it was now ok to come in and complete

It took me a slow 3 trips around the car park( full up) before the good lady re appeared with sticker and OR. Job done

Got home and have two xerox done, one in the car and the other with the originals. I then noted I did not have a blue OR for the smoke test, just an unofficial receipt saying I paid but no result of the test. I asked the good lady what happened she said the office kept it!!

Well it looks like they have worked out that a annual registration cannot be issued unless a completed smoke test is submitted, so all is good.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing with the LTO, always keep a copy of your driving license somewhere round the house or on your phone. A friend got stopped and had to hand his license over. A week later everything done he went to the LTO to request his license back. They asked him for the number, which he did not know, nor was it on any of the paperwork so he was lead to a room with boxes of licenses and told to find it. They don't file them by name, they file them by number, over 4 hours later he found it.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes always keep a copy of ownership, registration and license details in the car and at home

Unusual to hand a license over unless to an accredited LTO officer, they have to have the LTO authority hanging around their necks.

Interestingly enough I had an encounter when I went through a light that was not working. this uniform chap jumped out and flagged me down for going through a red light!! He wanted to see my license so I showed it to him. He then wanted to take my license which I declined to allow. He then advised me that I was under arrest and to follow him to city hall, which I duly did.

The head of traffic at city hall listened to his sidekick. Then asked why I disrespected a uniformed officer which was a very serious offence. I advised that politely saying 'no' to his request to take my license was not disrespect it was a statement based upon law that neither the traffic guy or indeed this office was displaying the LTO authorisation to hold a license. He looked at me for a while and said you drive through a red light. this is serious.

I advised I drove through no light as it was not working. Also as you know it is not working why do you allow your officers to entrap drivers instead of assist with traffic management.

He stopped and asked the enforcer if the light was busted the enforcer nodded

Ok its 60 pesos and you can go

OK thanks, can I have an OR please

he sighed and I got that.

Oh, am i still under arrest?

eh what?, you can go now

Not even the police are entitled to take your license unless they can show they are LTO accredited.

Last edited by mikemike; Jan 16th 2018 at 11:07 am.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikemike
Yes always keep a copy of ownership, registration and license details in the car and at home

Unusual to hand a license over unless to an accredited LTO officer, they have to have the LTO authority hanging around their necks.
It was an LTO guy who took his license.

I got stopped by LTO for not carrying a triangle in the car. I did ask the LTO guy if I could use the Philippine triangle instead, look of confusion, so I explained that it was a rock and a coconut leaf. He took my license and told me I had to attend a course on "Responsible and Safe Driving" ( given in Tagalog ) and pay P1,350 for the privilege and to get my license back. Luckily I have an LTO contact and everything was sorted out.

I keep the original car documents in the car, is that a bad move?
Old Jan 16th 2018, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes it is a bad move as if the vehicle is stolen the thieves can then transfer ownership for a legitimate sale to some poor mug who thinks it s a safe deal

be like keeping your full log book with vehicle ownership details in your car in the UK
Old Jan 16th 2018, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

The LTO guy how did he know if you had a triangle in the car?

I was under the impression they could not pull you over for a vehicle inspection without due cause. We have one in the back of the car as was advised that the LTO process was now to stencil and then ask for the triangle kit to be presented before moving off for a smoke test. Not once have they asked to see it!!
Old Jan 16th 2018, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikemiQke
The LTO guy how did he know if you had a triangle in the car?
They were stopping everyone specifically for the triangle and asking to see it. When I went to buy a triangle I had to go to about 5 places before I found one who had not sold out. I was not the only one caught as one smiling shop owner explained.