Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Redwings & Astrantia's Philippines Thread

Redwings & Astrantia's Philippines Thread

Old Sep 21st 2004, 5:16 pm
Miss. Cultural Quandary

Astrantia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Redwings & Astrantia's Philippines Thread

So anyway...

Are you a Brit? Where are you from Redwing?
Old Sep 21st 2004, 5:59 pm
Miss. Cultural Quandary

Default Re: Redwings & Astrantia's Philippines Thread

Begging in that part of thew world is everywhere specially downtown.

You must be having a hard time then if you couldnt gò out on your own.

You seen as a threat by your in-laws is typical of their culture specially when you are living with them. Asians are trained to do household chores at very young ages that`s why they expect you to be like one.

I miss palabok and kare kare very much.

OK, I`ll just wait for your new thread and I will chat a bit more.
Yes I'm aware begging is normal for this side of the World.

Indeed.

Yes, but I'm not living with his parents. My fiance and I rent a condo by ourselves, which his Mum got mad about since we're not married yet. But it was either we move and get a place of our own, or I go back to England because of immigration etc. It came down to common sense. It's what is best for my fiance and I. You have to draw the line somewhere as to how much you let family poke their noses in, reguardless of culture. I gave up England to be with my Fiance, I don't see why I should give up my whole culture as well. A mid ground has to be found somewhere.

I was brought up to do household chores. I cook, clean etc, but I also work so and so does my fiance, so I expect him to help out as well. I will not be treated as an underdog just because I'm a female. I hate it when women don't have equal rights and it's then put down to culture. It's nonsense. Women all over the World fight against it.

Ah... Palabok... Jolliebee does the job haha.

So anyway... more about you, not all me me me

Last edited by Astrantia; Sep 21st 2004 at 6:16 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, it`s my turn. I am married to a half pinoy half chinese lady who used to live in NT Hong Kong. I know exactly what you are talking about. My favorite place is the beach in Pagudpod, Ilocos and their authentic dishes. I`ve got 2 kids and we`re all living in Surrey, BC.

I am a medical professional making sure the radiation doses is delivered precisely and accurately to the cancer tumor inside the body. This may not sound popular to you.

Lucky is your fiancee having a brit prepare for his dinner. For me, I even have to go out buy some chinese foods because I`m always on the road. You love your fiancee very much I guess.

I`m interested to know the lifestyle there now because I might visit Asia sometime in the future.

Originally Posted by Astrantia
Yes I'm aware begging is normal for this side of the World.

Indeed.

Yes, but I'm not living with his parents. My fiance and I rent a condo by ourselves, which his Mum got mad about since we're not married yet. But it was either we move and get a place of our own, or I go back to England because of immigration etc. It came down to common sense. It's what is best for my fiance and I. You have to draw the line somewhere as to how much you let family poke their noses in, reguardless of culture. I gave up England to be with my Fiance, I don't see why I should give up my whole culture as well. A mid ground has to be found somewhere.

I was brought up to do household chores. I cook, clean etc, but I also work so and so does my fiance, so I expect him to help out as well. I will not be treated as an underdog just because I'm a female. I hate it when women don't have equal rights and it's then put down to culture. It's nonsense. Women all over the World fight against it.

Ah... Palabok... Jolliebee does the job haha.

So anyway... more about you, not all me me me
Old Sep 21st 2004, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don`t see my reply I sent earlier.

I am a frenchman moved to Canada in 2000 living in Surrey BC, Canada. Got my degree in Holland and further study in the UK and US. I was stationed in Hong Kong for 6 yrs and Singapore 2 yrs. I fly to the Philippines every 5 weeks for pleasure when I was stationed in Asia.

What else do you want to know?

Originally Posted by Astrantia
So anyway...

Are you a Brit? Where are you from Redwing?
Old Sep 21st 2004, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Thinkoutofthebox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To Astrantia

HI Astrantia... I'm Dennis. I'm a Property Consultant specializing in selling Condos here in Manila, Philippines. Just read in the messages you post that you are renting a condo unit here in Manila. If you need help in owning a unit, may I introduce my project to you. It's called West of Ayala. It's located along Senator Gil Puyat st., Makati City. I know you will love this project once you see it.

If you and your fiance are interested, you can contact me anytime at my mobile 0917 3507295.

This is ready for occupancy. I hope I can show you the building so you can appreciate what I'm telling you.

If you have other questions, you can also email me at [email protected]

Thank you and God Bless...
Old Sep 21st 2004, 8:46 pm
Miss. Cultural Quandary

Default Re: To Astrantia

Originally Posted by Thinkoutofthebox
HI Astrantia... I'm Dennis. I'm a Property Consultant specializing in selling Condos here in Manila, Philippines. Just read in the messages you post that you are renting a condo unit here in Manila. If you need help in owning a unit, may I introduce my project to you. It's called West of Ayala. It's located along Senator Gil Puyat st., Makati City. I know you will love this project once you see it.

If you and your fiance are interested, you can contact me anytime at my mobile 0917 3507295.

This is ready for occupancy. I hope I can show you the building so you can appreciate what I'm telling you.

If you have other questions, you can also email me at [email protected]

Thank you and God Bless...
...and suddenly out of nowhere... this is another fine example of the kind of thing that fustrates me. If it's not leaflet pushers in malls it's this...

Hello Dennis. Not to be rude, but we are in no financial situation to buy a condo at the present time, nor would we want to even if we did, no matter HOW LOW you will probably tell me the price is.

Better luck next time (with a rich Westerner).

Sorry, carry on looking

Last edited by Astrantia; Sep 21st 2004 at 8:49 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Thinkoutofthebox is an unknown quantity at this point

No Problem... I'm sorry for intruding just like that... Just doing my job. But just in case you change your mind... You can contact me anytime. If your not into investing, maybe you have friends who are looking? Maybe you can make money out of refering people. (No offense to you but I know everyone needs extra income) Anyway, don't want to bother you again. Check out our website, maybe in might interest you. Its, www.dmcihomes.com or www.century-properties.com

You can contact me thru my mobile at 09173507295

Thank you for your time. God Bless

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 6:42 am
Miss. Cultural Quandary

Originally Posted by Thinkoutofthebox
No Problem... I'm sorry for intruding just like that... Just doing my job. But just in case you change your mind... You can contact me anytime. If your not into investing, maybe you have friends who are looking? Maybe you can make money out of refering people. (No offense to you but I know everyone needs extra income) Anyway, don't want to bother you again. Check out our website, maybe in might interest you. Its, www.dmcihomes.com or www.century-properties.com

You can contact me thru my mobile at 09173507295

Thank you for your time. God Bless

Ok, fair enough I don't think I have anyone else...

Thank you
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Astrantia,

Last night I watched the Amazing Race and the third to the last stop was the Nido Beach in Palawan. What a gorgeous place to see.

How safe is it to be at the International Airport in Manila? Is it safe the travel by bus to the provinces?