Phillipines - visa

Old Dec 22nd 2007, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Phillipines - visa

I am trying to gather some information for my FIL. He lives in Cebu (for the past 8 years) with his partner for approximately 7-8 months of the year and the remaining time is spent in the UK. He owns property in the UK and the property in Cebu is in his partner's name.

On his recent trip back to the UK he was diagnosed with cancer and does not have much time left. He returned to Cebu last week with the aim of returning to the UK mid-January after obtaining a visa for his partner to return with him. He has declined evasive treatment (including chemo) as he believes that when your time is up its up. But he wants the back of the NHS for pain relief etc.

Finally to my question. He would like to bring his partner back to the UK with him but is having trouble getting a visa for her. Her passport is in her married name, but her property/bank accounts are in her maiden name. To change her name on her passport back to her maiden name would take approximately 6 months (informed by embassy). Obviously time is a major consideration in this matter and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to obtain a visa - quickly.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

mattwilkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Phillipines - visa

I dont think there is any easy way to do this. Only thing that may help is some pressure from a local politician or church due to circumstances. The laws and regulations have tightened so much since the terrorist problems in the UK and US
Old May 24th 2008, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Southseastrader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by battlezone123
I am trying to gather some information for my FIL. He lives in Cebu (for the past 8 years) with his partner for approximately 7-8 months of the year and the remaining time is spent in the UK. He owns property in the UK and the property in Cebu is in his partner's name.

On his recent trip back to the UK he was diagnosed with cancer and does not have much time left. He returned to Cebu last week with the aim of returning to the UK mid-January after obtaining a visa for his partner to return with him. He has declined evasive treatment (including chemo) as he believes that when your time is up its up. But he wants the back of the NHS for pain relief etc.

Finally to my question. He would like to bring his partner back to the UK with him but is having trouble getting a visa for her. Her passport is in her married name, but her property/bank accounts are in her maiden name. To change her name on her passport back to her maiden name would take approximately 6 months (informed by embassy). Obviously time is a major consideration in this matter and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to obtain a visa - quickly.
If he/she can satisfy UK immigration that she has subsatntial property in RP that will bring him/her back why not try a tourist visa
Old May 30th 2008, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Roger13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Would it be quicker for her to get a New Passport?