Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Philippine Driving License

Philippine Driving License

Old Apr 26th 2017, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Philippine Driving License

Originally Posted by Bazza070958
Got stopped for the non wearing of a helmet and had to show all the necessary paperwork and my UK license ... was told that its best to get Philippine License in case i have an accident ... everything was sorted amicably and my fine was reduced to 100 peso as we got on so swimmingly .... so i trotted off to the LTO to get a license totally unaware that there had been a change and was flatly denied a license saying i must have a valid visa for 1 year .... after arguing that toss I walked out and now just drive with a UK license ... I will reapply in Oct when I get my new ACR card which apparently will suffice .... however it does make me chuckle as the standard of driving here is shambolic and as a scooter rider am put at deaths door every 400m i reckon .... i find it amusing that indicating with your big toe is better than using an indicator ... or that doing U turns on bends is fine ... yet my British License won't cut it .... as the saying goes " its more fun etc etc " :0
Yes it does seem somewhat daft....
Which LTO Office did you go to?
Old May 9th 2017, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is thinking of using Roxas City for any license or registration etc, phone first. They have a IT problem, now in its second week. All operations on hold.
Old May 10th 2017, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
If anyone is thinking of using Roxas City for any license or registration etc, phone first. They have a IT problem, now in its second week. All operations on hold.
Seems same problem elsewhere - we're trying to get change of owner processed and been told there will be delay due to IT problem in Manila. We did however get a new OR for this year , but in name of last owner , LTO said it was OK and all they could do. Ho Hum, we'll see what happens if we get stopped!
Old May 17th 2017, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Stokkevn;12235654]
Originally Posted by Gazza-d
They could do if the light was on.

I have just got a friend from France ( yeh, I know, stop laughing ) a Ph driving license. A relative in the LTO disperses all requirements for visa status, all they needed was an official translation of his French license and the additional Ph600 to cover the so called express lane fee.
The relative has just got his Ph wife a license, she has never driven before but turned up 1 hour before the exam, had a cup of coffee, got the answers to all the questions that were going to be asked, surprisingly passed and now has a full driving license having never sat in the drivers seat of a car. Now driving (???) around Panay.
Old May 17th 2017, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Just like 80% of the rest on the road I guess.
Old May 17th 2017, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

And they try and drive on their philippine licence when they arrive in the UK. One of them scared the life out of my asawa when she ended up driving down the pavement. I guess that's no problem in the Phillipines. Most of them end up in an RTA very soon after they arrive. And of course they all buy big Subaru's to keep up with the Juan's.
Old May 25th 2017, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Bazza070958 is an unknown quantity at this point

It was in Lucena Quezon ... tbh I've given up ... I'm just gonna blag it till Oct and try again ... here's hoping !!
Old May 25th 2017, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

There are some differences, ---- just renewed my UK license, everything done on-line, they even used my photo from my passport that I gave them access to, payment on line, post used to send my new license.

Here a day trip to LTO and blood test, urine test, sight test, colour blind test, 1"x1" paper photo provided, pay at window Nr 6 and 6 hours later leave with a bit of paper saying you can drive because corruption means that plastic licenses are not available.

If they row any faster, Fred Flintstone will look like the future.
Old May 26th 2017, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

There are some differences, ---- just renewed my UK license, everything done on-line, they even used my photo from my passport that I gave them access to, payment on line, post used to send my new license.

Here a day trip to LTO and blood test, urine test, sight test, colour blind test, 1"x1" paper photo provided, pay at window Nr 6 and 6 hours later leave with a bit of paper saying you can drive because corruption means that plastic licenses are not available.

If they row any faster, Fred Flintstone will look like the future.
How did you renew your uk Licence?? I was under the impression you had to be resident in Euro land for that. Or have you been away for less than 10 years?
Old May 26th 2017, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikemike
How did you renew your uk Licence?? I was under the impression you had to be resident in Euro land for that. Or have you been away for less than 10 years?
Brother's address
Old May 26th 2017, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

I will be back in UK in August, am I right in thinking I can renew my UK licence in a post office?
Old May 26th 2017, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by David Mashael
I will be back in UK in August, am I right in thinking I can renew my UK licence in a post office?
Yes, as long as you have not registered with the British Embassy here as a resident.

UK Driving License Photocard Renewal | Post Office®
Old May 26th 2017, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Yes, as long as you have not registered with the British Embassy here as a resident.

UK Driving License Photocard Renewal | Post Office®
Many thanks,
Old May 27th 2017, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks,
I still have old paper UK driving license so apparently I can't renew at a Post Office, I have to go through DVLA. Tried doing that on line, what a drama..!! I used my daughters address, and to the question "How long have you lived at that address" I initially answered 1 month. That led to a different link requesting full details of where I have lived in UK for the past 3 years. I haven't lived in UK for 35 years, so I backtracked and answered 3 years. They require your passport number which enables them to check that I have been out of the country for the past 35 years. Before I could submit the application it timed out anyway. I'm a little concerned that DVLA may not renew my license.
Old May 28th 2017, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I still have old paper UK driving license so apparently I can't renew at a Post Office, I have to go through DVLA. Tried doing that on line, what a drama..!! I used my daughters address, and to the question "How long have you lived at that address" I initially answered 1 month. That led to a different link requesting full details of where I have lived in UK for the past 3 years. I haven't lived in UK for 35 years, so I backtracked and answered 3 years. They require your passport number which enables them to check that I have been out of the country for the past 35 years. Before I could submit the application it timed out anyway. I'm a little concerned that DVLA may not renew my license.
To right, just think of all those bad habits you have picked up driving in the Philippines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.