Ph Postal System

Old Jan 3rd 2018, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

ChrisKVie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ph Postal System

We had 3 parcels from home sent in October. #1 was 'bonked' 3rd december, 2nd 12th and the 3rd 20th. They decided to let us know they were ready for collection on the 28th !.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

In my limited experience Philpost is even worse than the Nigerian postal service!
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
In my limited experience Philpost is even worse than the Nigerian postal service!
It is, I was in Nigeria in the mid 70s, post to the UK took a week plus/minus a day, I can't remember any post being opened or lost. Which was good because their phone system was rubbish.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Can't believe that DHL, or any other courier company, would actually open anything. I would certainly get onto DHL headquarters as I have had 100s ( possibly 1000s ) of documents, cards, contracts etc sent all over the World ( not from here ) and never had anything opened. Maybe it is just a Filipino thing.
It was DHL UK that opened and resealed it.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
DHL will not accept items for posting from here unless it is opened for their inspection. i used LBC instead.
When I've used LBC from here they always insist on checking the contents. sounds like you were lucky. I've learnt to never seal envelopes etc until the LBC or DHL reps have inspected it. My UK friend who sent the card says that WH Smith, where she sent it from asked to inspect the contents before they put it in the DHL envelope.....................
Old Jan 4th 2018, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Both DHL and LBC insist on checking the contents. I normally use LBC, but for UK Government, I use DHL.
When I sent my Certificate Of Continued Existence to Newcastle, the address red flagged in DHL. It is a government building! Do you have ID? My ACR-I card and drivers licence. Were good enough. They checked every paper, for foreign objects.
I sent a package LBC in December to UK. They check all the contents, list and add up the price tags. They then ask me to certify the package doesn't contain: cash, food or anything liquid! This even though, they have thoroughly checked all contents. They then asked me, the total value, of the contents!
Old Jan 4th 2018, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
It was DHL UK that opened and resealed it.
I misunderstood, I thought you meant it had been opened in transit.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

yet phil post does not require you to open your out bound mail
Old Jan 5th 2018, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Neither does royal Mail coming the other way. Same with Parcel Post - they just ask you to fill in the customs declaration! I think courier firms operate under a stricter set of rules regarding what they carry and seems to be international. Here's just one example of the type of items a courier cannot carry - https://www.parcelhero.com/en-gb/terms/prohibited-items
Old Jan 5th 2018, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I see they show passports as a prohibited item. DHL accepted my old passport and returned it together with my new one. So I guess that Parcel Hero is another organisation.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have just found out that some free samples of antiseptic cream that were posted to me in September and arrived in Manila 4 days later have done a disappearing act between Manila and Capiz.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
I see they show passports as a prohibited item. DHL accepted my old passport and returned it together with my new one. So I guess that Parcel Hero is another organisation.
It varies depending on the country and the office. I tried to send a passport via LBC here and my local branch said "no way". went to another branch, no problem! DHL here have no problem either so long as they can check it before sealing. Stupidly they have no problem delivering passports sent here!
http://www.dhl.com.ph/content/dam/do...uide_ph_en.pdf
Page 11 lists the DHL Phils prohibited items and passports are not on it!
The system seems to be if one courier will not accept an item , try another....
Old Jan 8th 2018, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mainly because if they have to write down contains - credit card, cash and a gold ring, there is no chance it will reach it's destination, regardless if it is registered, recorded or tracked.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Mainly because if they have to write down contains - credit card, cash and a gold ring, there is no chance it will reach it's destination, regardless if it is registered, recorded or tracked.
Regretfully so true!
Old Jan 16th 2018, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quiltman
Regretfully so true!
Same as the local airlines. When checking in there was a sign saying "Please place all electronic gadgets in hand carry baggage" When I asked the check-in girl why. She said that it will reduce the chance of it disappearing i.e. stolen..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.