Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Passport renewal from Pilippines

Passport renewal from Pilippines

Old Mar 19th 2013, 8:49 am
Just Joined

arsenalgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport renewal from Pilippines

Hi
In need some serious help jejeje

Im a british girl living in Makati and my British Red Passport is nearing to
expire.

I'm so confused !! cant renew at brit embassy.

Can anybody walk kindly me through the procedures for renewing it through
Hong Kong processing center??

I was told i can download the Application Form from the Internet
Then I was told we must request it to be sent by mail??

Where do i request the Renewal Application Form?

Tkanks in Advance ..... im starting to panic huhu

Susan
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport renewal from Pilippines

Don't panic:

Passport Form:

http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/res...dfs/bno-a-form

Notes:

http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/res...fs/bno-a-notes

Credit Card Form:

http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/resou...horisation.pdf

There has been an update recently from the British Embassy. I will check that, to ensure no changes. If not I will tell you how I did it August 2011.
Watch this space!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Okay Arsenalgirl this is the lowdown. The change was just to say that the passport would be printed in UK and sent to you direct from there. Sadly of course meaning a higher courier cost.
Hong Kong will still process it.

First get your photos, in accordance with the requirements stated on the form. This is because the photos will be biometric.
Get one signed by a doctor, or similar person in authority.
Fill in all forms, and sign.
Fill in Credit/Debit card form.
Go to a DHL office and send it all to Hong Kong, your tracking number is on the receipt.
About a month later DHL will deliver your new passport. They will most probably contact you on the phone/mobile number you have given.
It really is easy.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Right it seems that they have already changed the url. They threatened to do so in March 2013, and it seems they have done so.
Here is the new one:

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/philippines

Then simply click the box that applies to you.

It really is easy, and I had no problems with the downloaded forms.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:27 am
Just Joined

well thank u soooo much for d quick response.

can you just clarify d payment if you mail the app form to
h.kong processing center
thru dhl then you make the payment?

rgrds Susan
Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

There is a special form that you fill in and sign, so that the money is taken from your debit/credit card. It includes the fee and the return courier cost. I will just check to see if that link was changed too.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes it still works (they have been changing URL's on lots of things!)

http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/resou...horisation.pdf

I used the above form. Warning in total it came to around £165.

Are you registered with "Locate?" If you are you get updates from the Embassy for anything that might concern you.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-liv ... fe/Locate/
Old Mar 20th 2013, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes just include the competed form (signed) with all the other paperwork.

It really is painless. Make photocopies of the relevant pages of your passport, that you might need. It will take a month outside the normal holiday season, to get your new passport. It could be longer in the main holiday period.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 4:29 am
Just Joined

dont know how to thanks you.

hope i can find a husband thats also painless lol

stay well U
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arsenalgirl

stay well U
I think if you are looking for a husband perhaps the Philippines is not the best place to start. Why do you think so many filipinas look for foreign husbands.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I think if you are looking for a husband perhaps the Philippines is not the best place to start. Why do you think so many filipinas look for foreign husbands.
An extremely small percentage of Filipinas are married to foreigners. Most I know are funnily enough married to Filipinos.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 1:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Thanks Gazza , just to clarify i never mentioned seeking a Filipino husband ...... that would be my last resort ,,,,
wouldn't be cool if i have to feed his entire family whilst he's sipping away
at his tanguay rum or matador

Will also try to avoid boozers like Gascoigne

happy easter

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow can you also help me i have already down loaded and printed the forms i know i,m a clever boy i did it on my own all i need now is to fill them in, not sure about that also i need photos can i borrow yours. Yes i too am are looking for a husband not some pilippino that will drink my pension away
Old Apr 30th 2013, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

KLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to all

Originally Posted by arsenalgirl

stay well U
Not supporting Arsenal, you won't ;-)

Back in Makati 12 May until Christmas, can't wait :-)
Old May 5th 2013, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer
Okay Arsenalgirl this is the lowdown. The change was just to say that the passport would be printed in UK and sent to you direct from there. Sadly of course meaning a higher courier cost.
Hong Kong will still process it.

First get your photos, in accordance with the requirements stated on the form. This is because the photos will be biometric.
Get one signed by a doctor, or similar person in authority.
Fill in all forms, and sign.
Fill in Credit/Debit card form.
Go to a DHL office and send it all to Hong Kong, your tracking number is on the receipt.
About a month later DHL will deliver your new passport. They will most probably contact you on the phone/mobile number you have given.
It really is easy.
Ok i have delayed my renewal as of yesterday i just picked up my new credit card and my passport has until July.............1 photo signed are you sure as i was reading it only for first application or unless you had a face lift .Ok i will send 2 photos neither will be signed so if your correct i will be the 1 with egg on my face and of course no passport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.