My retirement and Pension

Old Nov 26th 2014, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My retirement and Pension

Originally Posted by ramboyd
you can have your state pension paid directly to you bank abroad i have mine sent to the philippines paid in peso you also get better exchange rate.
Just out of interest ramboyd. How long does it take from UK payment date to arriving in your account here? I ask because others on BE have complained that Citibank - who handle the international pensions- can take a while. The longest I saw was some one whose December pension did not arrive until 12th January!

Again, out of interest, what exchange rate did you get last time? Would like to compare as if it is much better then I would seriously consider changing my payment methods!
Old Nov 26th 2014, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer the UK BPI method, at least I know that in the event of my death that probate will be far faster and cheaper in the UK, so having deposits made there and transferred on line in seconds is for me a better option than sending direct.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

BPI for me has always been the best and easiest mikemike.
I have seen many posters say they have direct deposit from UK pensions but none have said what rate they get. ramboyd just said "you get a better exchange rate' - against what? Maybe if you look at the tourist rate, yes, but BPI already give better than that for my transfers.
According to a banker friend of mine, the rates BPI give us are very good, certainly for the amount I usually transfer each month. If you want to transfer a large amount, say 10k upwards then you may get a slightly better rate by using a forex company.

Just thought I'd put a stick in and wiggle it about a bit!
Old Nov 27th 2014, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Yes in the past for travellers cheques and the like, BPI were certainly tops.
In having your pension paid to an overseas bank. There are always delays, for many reasons. Mainly a clearing bank, has to be involved, somewhere in the process.
Fees and deductions need to be taken into account as well.

BPI have ATM's outside, in SM NRA and Consolacion Cebu.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer
Yes in the past for travellers cheques and the like, BPI were certainly tops.
In having your pension paid to an overseas bank. There are always delays, for many reasons. Mainly a clearing bank, has to be involved, somewhere in the process.
Fees and deductions need to be taken into account as well.

BPI have ATM's outside, in SM NRA and Consolacion Cebu.
Good news is that there no fees if you use some other banks ATM machines with your BPI ATM card, except BDO of course who happen to be the king of cheap shots when it comes to bank charges