Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Moving to the philippines ! help

Moving to the philippines ! help

Old Mar 18th 2018, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

javsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the philippines ! help

Originally Posted by mikemike
where are you getting 357 return?
i might be able to help you ... prices always vary and that is with taxes already. it depends alot on how flexible you are too.... what to do is use google flights choose your destination and departing airports and on the leaving date it opens a little calender if u give it a second to load it comes up with prices under the dates so find the lowest date to leave and lowest date to come back and then what i do is use cheapflights.co.uk (sounds sketchy but ive used them 3 times already never had a single issue) and enter your dates there and youll get a extra few quid off
Old Mar 18th 2018, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by javsezlol
i might be able to help you ... prices always vary and that is with taxes already. it depends alot on how flexible you are too.... what to do is use google flights choose your destination and departing airports and on the leaving date it opens a little calender if u give it a second to load it comes up with prices under the dates so find the lowest date to leave and lowest date to come back and then what i do is use cheapflights.co.uk (sounds sketchy but ive used them 3 times already never had a single issue) and enter your dates there and youll get a extra few quid off
ok ty
Old Mar 18th 2018, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Philippines air lines is a little more expensive but it is direct
Old Mar 18th 2018, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

For onward tickets take a look at
bestonwardticket.com
Never tried it but looks interesting.
Old Mar 18th 2018, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Philippines air lines is a little more expensive but it is direct
Last time I used them about 3 years ago LHR>MNL the plane had no inflight entertainment installed ( not even in first class ) and they ran out of beer about 6 hours into the flight and the wine lasted another 2 hours. The leg room was same as most other companies but the seat width was the smallest I have ever sat in. I checked the life vest, that claimed "Max support weight 75kg", which I assume discounts most Europeans.
Old Mar 18th 2018, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Now PAL uses the new Boeing 777 on London flights replacing the aged (ex Iberia) Airbus A340. The entertainment system is good, but cannot comment on their provisioning of liquid refreshments!
Old Mar 19th 2018, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Moving to the philippines ! help

You do NOT have to have a return ticket

You need a ticket to leave the Philippines, the destination does NOT have to be back to where you departed from

So a one way ticket to the Philippines and another ticket to somewhere else.

If you have a member of staff at check in telling you it is a return ticket tell them you have an onward ticket, this will be what they expect to see and show it to them. Stand your ground and ask to speak to a senior manager if they look like they are not going to help.

The onward ticket is regarded as a cheap throw away, as you will probably not use it etc

Go on line to any of the Asean carriers flying out of Manila and see just how cheap some of those tickets can be. Cebu pacific, Philippine air lines , Asiana, just google budget carriers Philippines etc

I have picked up return tickets, Manila to Bangkok for 4, each costing the equivalent of £80 each.

You need to do a lot more personal research.
The last sentence is something you should adhere to, this site has all the information you need. You are very young and obviously have a spirit of adventure, but the Phillippines could easily turn into nightmare ,particularly if you run out of funds, or need hospital treatmment.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

javsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
The last sentence is something you should adhere to, this site has all the information you need. You are very young and obviously have a spirit of adventure, but the Phillippines could easily turn into nightmare ,particularly if you run out of funds, or need hospital treatmment.
so tell me im young and have taste fir adventure but im OCD with planning what will go wrong
Old Mar 19th 2018, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Now PAL uses the new Boeing 777 on London flights replacing the aged (ex Iberia) Airbus A340. The entertainment system is good, but cannot comment on their provisioning of liquid refreshments!
Agreed my last return flight to london was excellent. Had the whole middle row to myself, 4 seats. very comfortable sleep. They had i pad entertainment for those that wanted. i never lacked for refreshment. I am not a beer drinker when flying, it does not sit well with me. Food was good. Plenty of time and space to walk around, No complaints.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

No inflight entertainment ! A cruel and un-natural punishment - at least for passengers who do not know about books or kindles !
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
No inflight entertainment ! A cruel and un-natural punishment - at least for passengers who do not know about books or kindles !
They advertised that there was in flight entertainment on all international flights, if I had know that was not true I would not have packed by books in my suitcase.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

I have a xiaomi mi max as my phone (best phone i have ever had) and it has a large screen very large so i usually fill it with movies and games or i just talk to the person next to me