Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Filipino Embassy in London.

Filipino Embassy in London.

Old Feb 27th 2018, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Filipino Embassy in London.

Am travelling down there tomorrow morning to get some documents notarised.I will be there at 9am.

Have any of you had any dealings with the Embassy please??

Is it a case of straight in and out....or will i be kept waiting there for hours??

One thing i do know is that the documents will take 3 days to be notarised and completed,so what i will be doing is leaving them a Stamped Addressed envelope to send back to me with the notarised papers completed.

The reason i ask the question is because i am just trying to guess which train i should book for my return journey home

Thanks

Last edited by jaygee68; Feb 27th 2018 at 9:27 am. Reason: mistake in title
Old Feb 27th 2018, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

expatuk2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Filipino Embassy in London.

Originally Posted by jaygee68
Am travelling down there tomorrow morning to get some documents notarised.I will be there at 9am.

Have any of you had any dealings with the Embassy please??

Is it a case of straight in and out....or will i be kept waiting there for hours??

One thing i do know is that the documents will take 3 days to be notarised and completed,so what i will be doing is leaving them a Stamped Addressed envelope to send back to me with the notarised papers completed.

The reason i ask the question is because i am just trying to guess which train i should book for my return journey home

Thanks
The Philippines Embassy was when we went there very good.
But it depends on what you need to be done.
For me i needed a marriage visa so i could live in the Philippines.
Its a lot more friendly than the UK Embassy in Manila.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

On our visit to the Philippines embassy London, we arrived at 11pm and had to sit in a room till our number came up.Depending on how many people are waiting this will determine how long you will be there. The embassy uses a ticketing system. Our experience was that the administrative staff made things difficult and were unhelpful.
Not sure about having documents notorised , but we needed our marriage certificate authenticated. We live permanently in the Philippines so it was not possible to make the trip to London. We phoned the London embassy and were told to post the marriage certificate with £23.00 and a stamped address envelope. The process takes 3 days. The marriage certificate should be an apostle type .
Old Feb 28th 2018, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

The London embassy is super efficient and helpful. They even have a list of how long it takes at each window. Just grab a number when you get in and make sure any required forms are filled out. Only waiting time depends on your number and how busy. Best to get there b4 they open.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

Went today...was there precisely 15 minutes...the notarised documents will be with me next week....the staff are jolly,informal and helpful.

That's about the size of it...i guess i got lucky
Old Mar 1st 2018, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"jolly, informal and helpful" There are not many British Embassies where we could truthfully say that !
Old Mar 1st 2018, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

The words i would be using instead are arrogant,aloof,pompous and imperious.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

stormster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaygee68
Went today...was there precisely 15 minutes...the notarised documents will be with me next week....the staff are jolly,informal and helpful.

That's about the size of it...i guess i got lucky
Hmm.... sounds strange. Because Philippine government offices are the worst experience haha
Old Mar 7th 2018, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

''Hmm.... sounds strange. Because Philippine government offices are the worst experience haha''

NSO are the best example of dealing with a government office anywhere in the world. One day all government offices will use the NSO as a benchmark for quality service.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

"NSO are the best example of dealing with a government office anywhere in the world. One day all government offices will use the NSO as a benchmark for quality service."

Seconded