Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

moving to manila. job wanted!!!

moving to manila. job wanted!!!

Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

rjb2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to manila. job wanted!!!

i am planning to move to manila this year and would like any advice on what jobs are avaliable for expats. Have already spoke to some expats over there who say there are possible jobs for expats working in the call centres either doing sales calls or training filipinos to speak english.

I am planning on coming over next week for 10 days so if anybody is in manila and could help me with finding work it would be greatly appreciated.i am currently working in as a sales rep in england.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:41 pm
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: moving to manila. job wanted!!!

hay ther i have been to manilla several times and my wife is pinoy, its is an unusual place to say the least if you want to chat drop me a line at tleah66at hotmail dot com
have you been b4?
tony
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

Doubt if you will make much teaching english as it is the official language. Try to avoid the boiler shop scams if they are still going on - you can bet it won't be the money guys who are made an example of. Get yourself a cheap apartment fast as the hotels are expensive and watch out for the scam artists. Some big American companies there but not sure if they would employ someone from Manila rather than in-company. About the only thing I could think of is some low level stuff for your home country embassy. Most of the intelligent locals fast exit for work abroad, so that gives an idea of the level of opportunities. I never got on with the city myself and I have my own income from UK but I suppose if you have to make money you have more of an edge, incentive. Good luck!
Old Aug 4th 2007, 1:41 am
Just Joined

southcraven is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know about work opportunities in Manila, but in Clark Economic Zone near Angeles city, north of Manila, there are definitely companies doing as you suggest.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

aberdonian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rjb2007
i am planning to move to manila this year and would like any advice on what jobs are avaliable for expats. Have already spoke to some expats over there who say there are possible jobs for expats working in the call centres either doing sales calls or training filipinos to speak english.

I am planning on coming over next week for 10 days so if anybody is in manila and could help me with finding work it would be greatly appreciated.i am currently working in as a sales rep in england.
Hi just want to add my views here as im from philippines (filipina) and i currently in Uk now with my british husband.

Its really hard to find job in Phils, and to think of your a foriegner. It is possible if you know some big boss in a company to let u join in their team. Lots of folks college graduate for 4-5yrs they still even wait for a luck.. and Wage is very low

Why not start a business?
You can Pm anytime.........if u want i'll give u some infos

Goodluck to your future life.