Moving to Cebu

Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:54 am
Just Joined

LizBorneo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Cebu

Hi,

I am moving to Cebu in June to follow my husband. Is there any website where I can get some information about hospitals, supermarkets, things to do (cooking class, jewelry making, yoga etc.).

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

mattwilkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Cebu

Originally Posted by LizBorneo
Hi,

I am moving to Cebu in June to follow my husband. Is there any website where I can get some information about hospitals, supermarkets, things to do (cooking class, jewelry making, yoga etc.).

Thanks
There are plenty of sites, but generally Expats are better to get information from because things can vary depending on the information put on the sites. What area of Cebu are you looking to move to?
I live in Minglanila but currently back in the UK for a few months. There is lots to do depending on your budget plenty of places to eat and I can give you a few expats from the area. Im not sure about posting sites on here so I wont post one. Your welcome to Private msg me if you would like a few sites.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Hospitals: the bigger ones are owned more or less by the same people. The major ones that are favoured by the ex-pats are Cebu Doctors or Chong Hua. Chong Hua is my personal choice.
SM in the North Reclamation area boasts a large supermarket, and there are two French Baker outlets which sell bread to European taste.
There are computer courses on the premises too.
There are other shopping centres: Ayala, Elizabeth Mall, Robinson's Place, with supermarkets that have a fair smattering of foreign foods. all the Gaisanos and White Gold, have supermarkets. The stores called Rosita's have a fair amount of foreign foods too.

Mattwilkie is correct too about ex-pat places, I don't go to them, but know they exist especially on Mactan. Best to PM him, and get some good recommendations.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer
Hospitals: the bigger ones are owned more or less by the same people. The major ones that are favoured by the ex-pats are Cebu Doctors or Chong Hua. Chong Hua is my personal choice.
SM in the North Reclamation area boasts a large supermarket, and there are two French Baker outlets which sell bread to European taste.
There are computer courses on the premises too.
There are other shopping centres: Ayala, Elizabeth Mall, Robinson's Place, with supermarkets that have a fair smattering of foreign foods. all the Gaisanos and White Gold, have supermarkets. The stores called Rosita's have a fair amount of foreign foods too.

Mattwilkie is correct too about ex-pat places, I don't go to them, but know they exist especially on Mactan. Best to PM him, and get some good recommendations.
Thank you for your information. It's good to know that good hospital is available there.

Regards.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks Mattwilkie. I'll send you PM soon.

Regards.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

World Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really nice

Originally Posted by LizBorneo
Hi,

Thanks

Hello,

i lived in the Philippines for 7 months last year and spent about 2 months in Cebu so feel free to ask me any questions you have and i will do my best to answer. Also i can give you a good forum based in Cebu.

J