Me and My Family

Old Apr 16th 2017, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Me and My Family

I mentioned a friend of mine who is building a solar powered boat. He also spent over a million on a fishing boat for his gf family. There are also dark rumours about his lovely lady. First trip produced over 400 kg of fish. 2nd trip produced very little but somehow the crew managed to damage the gear lever. 3rd trip....they somehow lost the propeller. 4th trip....they somehow wrecked the new engine
I have been speaking to a friend in Australia who bought his wife's family a jeepney when he was here, it was bought because, if they made their own money they would not keep on asking him for it. A year later he came back here to find the jeepney on bricks with no engine, gearbox, wheels or back axle, apparently it had broke down and despite the income from it no one could afford to repair it so they just sold off the bits for a fraction of what he paid for it.

So what has happened to your friends boat comes as no surprise.

Some wise person on this site said that if you wanted a business here that had a million at the end of the first year, start with 2 million. Such wise words.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:20 am.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I have been speaking to a friend in Australia who bought his wife's family a jeepney when he was here, it was bought because, if they made their own money they would not keep on asking him for it. A year later he came back here to find the jeepney on bricks with no engine, gearbox, wheels or back axle, apparently it had broke down and despite the income from it no one could afford to repair it so they just sold off the bits for a fraction of what he paid for it.

So what has happened to your friends boat comes as no surprise.. Such wise words.
stokkevn

Absolutely agree...........brother bought 2 and they were so badly maintained both were rendered useless.

Mikek1
Old Apr 20th 2017, 10:59 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

which reminds me of the proverb:

the best way to make a small fortune in...(insert country)....is to come with a large fortune....

And so true in many cases.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Simon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many of the large lots here have high walls with barbed wire on the top and bougainvillea growing up the inside of the walls, and trained along the barbed wire.
Those that cant afford this seem to go for broken glass stuck into the top of the wall.

When I first arrived here we had an open front garden and when my wife said she wanted to put up a wall and a gate, to give us more privacy more than security, I didn't like it.
As a Brit I find gates and walls a bit unfriendly. But since having the walls and gates installed it did give us more privacy.

I've not really worried about security here. Had a few people wandering through my garden and taking random items (a dog muzzle, a pair of flip flops) and neighbours have had chickens and ducks stolen, but in general both places I've lived here have been very friendly, everyone knows everyone, and we haven't had to worry about crime.

But if you can budget it then securing your parameters is definitely worth doing.
Have dogs but chain them up at night. That way they will bark, alerting you, but hopefully wont be able to eat any poisoned meat thrown over the wall.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

All OK? You've not been poisoned eating meat thrown over the fence have you?

Awfully quiet.

Old Apr 26th 2017, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
All OK ? You've not been poisoned eating meat thrown over the fence have you?

Awfully quiet.
His gf must have caught him using the site and he is still trying to extract his nuts from the wringer.

Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:57 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

His gf must have caught him using the site and he is still trying to extract his nuts from the wringer.
Or it's watermelon season and he's otherwise disposed.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Or it's watermelon season and he's otherwise disposed.
I have mentioned this watermelon diet to my missus before, all I got was an apple.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Yes, I have been a bit quiet because its all matrimonial bliss here. Life is good!

The security issue which I mentioned last time out has been kicked into the long grass it seems. New barbed was going to be put up by my lovely lady but nothing has materialized. And I doubt if it will.

The solar powered boat is moving along slowly. Not literally. Solar panels have been received and requires to be installed etc. Still cannot see it working.

My mates fishing boat has been fixed and repainted. New propeller, shaft and other odds and ends. Brought in an excellent catch the other day judging by the pics.

We visited Davao a week ago for a few weeks and had a great time. Crocodile park was awesome and I believe that is where the then Davao Death Squad got rid of some of its victims. Went to President Dutertes house which he has in a sub division there and sadly he wasn't in. My lovely lady took selfies outside his house with a cardboard cut out. The only problem I had was that Davao is a non-smoking city which includes e-cigs. Sneaky puffs when we were out and about were met with a wagging finger from her and a few harsh words. So I had to take extra sneaky puffs. She has an issue with deadlines. A deadline must have its own deadline. For instance, if a bus is due to arrive at 4.00 pm.....the deadline to be there is 3.30. That 3.30 deadline must also have a deadline which would be 3.00 pm. This manifested itself when getting the flight which was due to depart at 9.40 am. Already checked in on-line so had to be there by 9.00am. We were staying overnight about 30 mins cab ride away from the airport. This meant that she was up at 4.00 am packing clothes into the suitcase ready to go. I was not amused.

Had a few friends visit during a festival here and I sadly had one beer too many. This meant that me and the friends were dancing to the music. But this was deemed to be drunk and off she marched home disgusted that I dare enjoy myself. Cue Pinay Pout and the usual threats. All back to normal later the next day.

Soooo....its all good here. Still have little issues which will be dealt with in my own time.

But bigger things are to come. Getting married after the divorce comes through and buying this house. My finances are just about exhausted after the divorce settlement but my income from my 2 pensions are adequate. But I am rich in other ways. I have a beautiful lady and live near to the beach. What more can a man wish for?

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:49 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

But bigger things are to come. Getting married after the divorce comes through and buying this house. My finances are just about exhausted after the divorce settlement but my income from my 2 pensions are adequate. But I am rich in other ways. I have a beautiful lady and live near to the beach. What more can a man wish for?

Regards
You, sir, are a good man. I wish you the best of health and happiness to enjoy it all!

Old Apr 28th 2017, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased life is sunny for you long may it continue.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:49 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

What more can a man wish for?
A rich girlfriend with a sea going motor cruiser and unlimited supply of beer.

Old Apr 28th 2017, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

A rich girlfriend with a sea going motor cruiser and unlimited supply of beer.
Make that a sailing yacht and I'd have to agree.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your kind remarks so far. Very much appreciated and welcomed.

I still have an issue with trust not so much with her but with her family. I am always wary, but perhaps that's a good thing.

Here is an example: We ran out of gas yesterday and my lovely lady asked her father to get a refill and a spare bottle. It is the blue 11kgs variety if that makes a difference. I have a receipt charging 2 x 760 for the gas plus 2k for a spare bottle which I assume is a deposit. I expected 1520 for the gas but somehow think 2k for the bottle is wrong. I sincerely hope it is me that is wrong.....

We have a foreigner friend who parks his small truck at our place when he is away. It is my responsibility for which he gives me a crate of beer each month. Not long after he parked it here for the first time, I noticed it missing when I came back from a walk. Apparently the family borrowed it. I was angry....no one asked me so I can obtain permission. My lovely lady said she asked permission from my mates gf. Needless to say it has not been moved since it was returned. Perhaps I am being too sensitive about such matters.

Anyway....prices of gas cylinders would be interesting!

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:50 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for your kind remarks so far. Very much appreciated and welcomed.

I still have an issue with trust not so much with her but with her family. I am always wary, but perhaps that's a good thing.

Here is an example: We ran out of gas yesterday and my lovely lady asked her father to get a refill and a spare bottle. It is the blue 11kgs variety if that makes a difference. I have a receipt charging 2 x 760 for the gas plus 2k for a spare bottle which I assume is a deposit. I expected 1520 for the gas but somehow think 2k for the bottle is wrong. I sincerely hope it is me that is wrong.....

We have a foreigner friend who parks his small truck at our place when he is away. It is my responsibility for which he gives me a crate of beer each month. Not long after he parked it here for the first time, I noticed it missing when I came back from a walk. Apparently the family borrowed it. I was angry....no one asked me so I can obtain permission. My lovely lady said she asked permission from my mates gf. Needless to say it has not been moved since it was returned. Perhaps I am being too sensitive about such matters.

Anyway....prices of gas cylinders would be interesting!

Regards
I got a spare gas tank about 4/5 years ago and I am sure I paid somewhere around P1,200/1,300, so P2,000 might be a bit expensive but does depend on how far you live from a main town/city. In Manila they are P1,200.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:21 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.