Me and My Family

Old Sep 19th 2017, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Well, at the end of the day you could have promised her anything. And then do as you like. It's not as if she would have been in a position to do anything about it.
Problem is, that she would have told all her family that live round here
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

No flying involved I think she was angling to stay until the said event.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
No flying involved I think she was angling to stay until the said event.
Thank goodness I said no then, that was 8 years ago and she is still going strong.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Me and My Family

It seems to have gone very quiet . Are watermelons in season?

Hope it is not for the reason that my missus tried to limit my internet access years ago claiming I had 100s of online girlfriends. I said nothing until it came time to go to the bank pick up the money and do the monthly shop. I told her that because she had moaned about me using the internet I had not managed to transfer any money so best she get a job to pay for the monthly shop. Internet privileges restored and no mention of online girlfriends since then.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 19th 2017 at 4:09 am.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of watermelons in SM so maybe he has had a surfeit of them and is still recovering?

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 19th 2017 at 4:10 am.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Its nice in a way to be missed, but the good news is that there is no news or anything of interest to post at the moment. She is very happy now as my betrothed and everything is a bed of roses. I guess that now she has a ring on her finger, it has gone a long way to allay her fears. Had to smile though after our engagement, she went down to the City Hall and got one of those affidavit things to certify that she is free to marry and proudly showed it to me. Bless her.

A note please on anonymity. With the kind consent of Admin, I now need strict anonymity and it will save the lovely BEVS a lot of future cutting and snipping. Thank you BEVS for your understanding on this. If anyone wants further info on this...just send a PM. Thanks for your understanding.

My future wife is calling me....

Regards all
Old Oct 20th 2017, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update. So pleased heaven has arrived on earth! good luck and best wishes for the future.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 20th 2017 at 12:46 pm. Reason: Name removed
Old Oct 20th 2017, 12:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

As the OP as asked for anonymity please do not include his name in posts.

Thank you.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

There was a bit about Philippine logic in earlier posts in this thread.

This week I was in the bank to collect P45k, I asked for it in P500 notes so the girl took out a banded bundle of P50k of P500s and proceeded to count out 90 p500 notes twice and then put them in the counting machine that confirmed her counting was correct. I asked her, to save time and effort, why she did not count out 10 notes and then put the remainder in the automatic counting machine. She called the manager over who explained that is how they did it despite it might be quicker and easier doing it my way. Not a lot one can say to that.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

I have not posted anything for a while because since our engagement last year, it has been a bed of roses. Nothing much to report, also as I will explain later I was going to let this story die a natural death. However, since December things have changed and I need to document this in case I need it later.

She has an on-line business and in December asked for a loan of 5k. Apparently she gets a better price with money up front rather than layaway. This was repaid after about a week. Then came 10k and then 15k....all repaid within a week. Then came a request for 30k. This to-date has not been repaid. Her reason was because it was for two made to order items and the machine had broken down. Because of this, the manufacturer now has a back-log of orders. Sounds plausible? Maybe. But I have serious doubts.

I have to leave the Phils before April (visa run) and I was planning to go on holiday with her to Malaysia to facilitate the visa run. She was very excited about this and told all her mates and family. I told her later after the non-repayment that the budget for this is tied up in the 30k I loaned her. If it is not returned, I will exit to Hong Kong or similar alone. She was not happy. It was my way of exerting pressure. I will extend my visa later this month for the last time to give her a chance to repay. She in turn has said she will speak to the supplier to cancel the order. I await the outcome.

I currently pay for her health care. Phil health etc. She has a few prosthetic teeth and wants remedial work carried out later this month. I suspect this will be expensive with replacements in mind. She will be told that I do not have the finance for this because of the 30k. More pressure. Now, if I do not get my 30k back, I have said that I want to speak to the supplier. More pressure. I will not do this until I return back to Phils because I believe this will bring matters to a head. Do this before my exit could result (because of her temperament) in finding her family occupying my house on my return. She has after all threatened me in the past with a request to BI for my deportation because she heard me speaking about her behind her back...(documented here last year). But it gets worse....

In December, I came across some paperwork where she had been pawning her jewelry (business profits). The paperwork seems to suggest she is using it to redeem jewelry already pawned. About 30k worth. And it gets worse....

In January, I came across paperwork where she had pawned her jewelry to the tune of about 100k. Interest at 3% pm. Now, she has no debts to which I am aware and has not been coming home with expensive items. So I wonder where the 100k and my 30k has gone. Maybe a business venture ....which I doubt. She has talked about buying her parents the house they live in.....maybe a deposit? Her father had a debt (documented here) which 2 yrs ago was about 80k. Maybe a repayment on that. But I am guessing and cannot think why she needs that amount.

Last week, she applied and joined a micro financial group here. For a subscription, loans and deposits can be made and benefits include medical and death insurance amongst other things. I thought perhaps that's where she has put the money. No. She has taken out a loan for 5k repayable in July with 1k interest. She has actually given that passbook to her sister waddly so I am guessing it was her who wanted the loan. She is still living here with her bf and he has no job. And it gets worse...

Yesterday, before going off for a Valentines dinner, she suddenly got very upset and said that she had 7k stolen from her purse. She picked up the 7k earlier that day. I don't believe her. Her tears appeared to be fake (I know the real ones) and I gave her 7k to cover the loss. When I said it must be repaid, I got a very surprised look from her. She is very careful when carrying money about and I cannot believe that she left her bag unsecured. A few months ago, a similar thing happened and her upset and tears were real. After I calmed her down, I searched her bag and found the money buried deep inside an inside pocket. Anyway, the Valentines dinner went well and she was happy as Larry without a care in the world. Lost 7k..? No way. She lied.

Today, she made an excuse to go out of town a couple of hours away which is why I am typing this. I noticed having a rummage through her drawers she pawned a further 15k yesterday.

So there it is in a large nutshell in which I have cut the details to basics. She knows nothing of my concerns or suspicions and indeed probably thinks I don't have a care in the world. However, as you can imagine I cannot understand how a very proud woman who bestows upon me great care and affection can behave or act in this manner. Yes...I know her family probably comes first and I accept that. I suspect all this money issues is for the benefit for her family. But I fear that this is going to backfire (probably already backfiring) and will land in my lap. I will get to the bottom of this if I can on my return. If I have to end our relationship....then sadly....so be it.

Finally. As you will have noticed the threads have been heavily edited. This is because casual readers have been referring BE and my story in one case to a FB group. My lovely lady is a member of one such group. I was in two minds to ask Admin to delete the whole story from BE but decided to edit instead. This editing was a long and laborious process and took a few weeks and I am indebted to admin for undertaking this task. I really do not want to have my story deleted because it may be of help to others who are planning to live with their lovely ladies. Thank you.

Regards.

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Feb 15th 2018 at 2:31 am.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Very brave post, kudos

Being prepared for the worst is only part of the way. Acting upon it, so an exit can be completed without a hold up from any local or national office is important, if it comes to that decision. Only suggestion is, have such an exit planned, and if it comes to it, then act immediately, saying nothing to anyone. Words, if needed can follow later once you have settled and have had time to think further.

ATVB
Old Feb 15th 2018, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Seconded, very brave indeed. Yes the family always wins in the long run. I do hope all of your suspicions come to nothing and all is resolved. I'm in a more fortunate position as my in-laws are 1600 kms to the south!
Old Feb 15th 2018, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

It does not take a medium to speculate where this will end up. If you cannot trust your l/l with the finances , and worse still the constant covering up, and deceit, best make a swift exit before things get dramatically worse.
I have followed this topic since it’s inception, and everything I have read points to one conclusion. Unfortunately, because the messages dried up for a long period, the troubles you are now encountering have been bottled up, which only makes the outcome more ominous.
It would appear to me that older man who date young filipinos are asking for trouble. In all such relationships of that type that I have encountered without exception, have all ended acrimonious .
Old Feb 15th 2018, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't sound good. Trust takes time to build and seconds to destroy. Looks like she's working on the destroying part - or making an exit.

Be prepared to walk away. Do the visa run and take an extended break to think things over. Might not be much left by the time you come back anyway.

She can't threaten Kuwait anymore though. That door is closed.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
It would appear to me that older man who date young filipinos are asking for trouble.
In fairness, it's probably old men and young women. I don't think it's specific to the pips.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.