Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Philippines

Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:12 am   #1186
Premium Member

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Me and My Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokkevn View Post
No she was not sick, just laying out what she thought the ground rules were for when she shuffled off her mortal perch.
Well, at the end of the day you could have promised her anything. And then do as you like. It's not as if she would have been in a position to do anything about it.
nonthaburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:37 am   #1187
BE Enthusiast

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonthaburi View Post
Well, at the end of the day you could have promised her anything. And then do as you like. It's not as if she would have been in a position to do anything about it.
Problem is, that she would have told all her family that live round here
Stokkevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:53 pm   #1188
BE Enthusiast

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

No flying involved I think she was angling to stay until the said event.
Gazza-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:24 pm   #1189
BE Enthusiast

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza-d View Post
No flying involved I think she was angling to stay until the said event.
Thank goodness I said no then, that was 8 years ago and she is still going strong.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 4:24 pm   #1190
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Me and My Family

It seems to have gone very quiet . Are watermelons in season?

Hope it is not for the reason that my missus tried to limit my internet access years ago claiming I had 100s of online girlfriends. I said nothing until it came time to go to the bank pick up the money and do the monthly shop. I told her that because she had moaned about me using the internet I had not managed to transfer any money so best she get a job to pay for the monthly shop. Internet privileges restored and no mention of online girlfriends since then.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 19th 2017 at 5:09 am.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 4:41 am   #1191
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of watermelons in SM so maybe he has had a surfeit of them and is still recovering?

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 19th 2017 at 5:10 am.
quiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:22 am   #1192
BE Enthusiast

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Its nice in a way to be missed, but the good news is that there is no news or anything of interest to post at the moment. She is very happy now as my betrothed and everything is a bed of roses. I guess that now she has a ring on her finger, it has gone a long way to allay her fears. Had to smile though after our engagement, she went down to the City Hall and got one of those affidavit things to certify that she is free to marry and proudly showed it to me. Bless her.

A note please on anonymity. With the kind consent of Admin, I now need strict anonymity and it will save the lovely BEVS a lot of future cutting and snipping. Thank you BEVS for your understanding on this. If anyone wants further info on this...just send a PM. Thanks for your understanding.

My future wife is calling me....

Regards all
Philosophical 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th 2017, 1:45 pm   #1193
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update. So pleased heaven has arrived on earth! good luck and best wishes for the future.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 20th 2017 at 1:46 pm. Reason: Name removed
quiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th 2017, 1:48 pm   #1194
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

As the OP as asked for anonymity please do not include his name in posts.

Thank you.

Please contact me here if you have any site related problems.
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th 2017, 3:21 pm   #1195
BE Enthusiast

There was a bit about Philippine logic in earlier posts in this thread.

This week I was in the bank to collect P45k, I asked for it in P500 notes so the girl took out a banded bundle of P50k of P500s and proceeded to count out 90 p500 notes twice and then put them in the counting machine that confirmed her counting was correct. I asked her, to save time and effort, why she did not count out 10 notes and then put the remainder in the automatic counting machine. She called the manager over who explained that is how they did it despite it might be quicker and easier doing it my way. Not a lot one can say to that.

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Philippines