Marriage advice

Old Nov 7th 2017, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage advice

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
And mistakenly calling them by your ex-wife's name also goes down like lead balloon.
My wife would be the next new exwife
Old Nov 7th 2017, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage advice

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
How did your wife manage to change her name for her passport? My wife went to Iloilo to get a passport in her married name, she was told she had to follow the following ( which is in the DFA website somewhere )
  1. Go to Manila and attend a seminar for the problems and horrors of a Filipina marrying a foreigner. She said that she had lived overseas for 27 years and had previously been married to a foreigner, that did not count, she would learn more in the 6 hr seminar she was told
  2. After the course had to travel across Manila to another office to get a piece of paper to say she was allowed to apply for a passport in her married name.
  3. Then back to Iloilo with the bits of paper and apply for passport.
  4. Then back to Manila with new passport and husbands passport to prove he is a foreigner. Get a piece of paper to say she was allowed to apply for a visa for the country she would be traveling to.
  5. 72hrs before flying, back to the office in Manila where clearance to travel will be stamped in the passport.
Needless to say we did not bother.
ok this is a difficult one as this was done probably 6 years ago as my wife has just renewed after 5 years. So from very poor memory.

I think the DFA who issue the passports gave on line guidance for change of name due to marriage and that my wife had to attend the CFO and listen to a seminar.
The interview was barely two minutes as marriage cert plus birth certs for both children told their own story. the purpose was to apply for a change of name in the passport, not for emigration purposes.
With the clearance we sent the documents to The DFA as per web site instructions. I was surprised to find that an exit clearance for emigration to the UK had also been provided and this clearance does not have an expiry date...so it is forever. So fuss and nonsense for no benefit other than red tape.

May I suggest you check the FDA web page to see if the process has been upgraded.