Looking to work in Manila

Old Jan 5th 2015, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Angel1403 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to work in Manila

Hi folks,

Sorry, its another of the "looking for work posts".......

Ok, I'm just turned 50 and married to a Filipino. I would love to be able to live and work in Manila with my wife, as we both have family and friends their. However, main family are far enough away not to be an issue.

We also hope to have my wife's niece join as, as she is already like our "adopted daughter" hehe. If it were not so complicated and expensive we would try to adopt her in the UK.

I currently work in Environmental Health, food safety and occupational health and safety enforcement/audit/inspection. I am also a trained photographer and videographer.

I would love to get a job with either an oil company or large international hotel chain or equivalent in Manila. Unfortunately, I have no contacts.

Can anyone provide advice/contacts please?

All information gratefully received.

Cheers
Old Jan 6th 2015, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to work in Manila

I've lost the website link , but google "balikbayan visa". this is a one year visa for spouses of Philippino citizens.
Can't really help with work, but as a balikbayan holder it is theoretically easier to get a work permit. Note however jobs here are difficult for foreigners and the wages are extremely low compared to what you are used to!
you could set up a company in your wifes name, but be careful!

As you are over 50 you are eligible to apply for a retirement visa - SRRV. Again, just google "Philippine Retirement association"

i'm sure others will be along soon with a more in depth answer to your questions.

Welcome to BE!
Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Quiltman is on the money wrt the visa requirements.

As for work you seem to be a qualified Environmental Health, food safety and occupational health and safety enforcement/audit/inspection, I would forget those qualifications here, most HSE and food safety certificates are obtained by a different method here that does not involve enforcement/audit or inspection.

You are also a trained photographer and videographer which maybe better, especially if you can get an "overseas" travel, holiday or some other company interested in photos of life in the Philippines "given to them by a tourist here". I am sure that someone on this site will advise if I have miss-informed you.

If you are thinking of setting up your own company here, someone wisely said on this site, if you want to make Ph1 million, start with Ph2 million.

If you are looking for an oil company to work for contact Shell before you leave the UK, if I can find my black book, I will send you some names via PM.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi folks, thanks for the quick replies. Great information

In relation to the "Retirement Visa" as I am married to a Filipino I assume I wont need that?

Cheers
Old Jan 6th 2015, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

You apply for the 13a Visa.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Ah yes I searched that cheers.....or visit Hong Kong for a day or two then return with my wife again for a year etc....

Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer
You apply for the 13a Visa.