Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Philippines

Old Oct 28th 2017, 12:00 pm   #46
Raffin 
Forum Regular

Raffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud of
Default Re: Internet TV, girlfriend and moving to the Philippines

Tried Hoxx again after a week and it worked. No email received from them.
Raffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 6:11 am   #47
Raffin 
Forum Regular

Raffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud of

...but today it doesn't. Had 4 tries over a period of an hour..different servers came up in the North of England...all were detected by the BBC. They've improved its onscreen appearance and functionality but if they did do anything to stop UK geoblocking it's at least not working consistently. Think I will be sticking with SmartDNS.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 2:04 pm   #48
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

With the latest posts showing increasing difficulty accessing UK tv channels, maybe JeremyB4 can indeed provide a useful service.
David Mashael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 1:59 am   #49
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Mashael View Post
With the latest posts showing increasing difficulty accessing UK tv channels, maybe JeremyB4 can indeed provide a useful service.
I don't think the major problem is accessing UK TV but the ability to download a programme to watch at your convenience. Live streaming is easily available vis tvcatchup.com and Filmon.com and if you subscribe to Filmon you can record programmes and stream them at a time to suit you. (You used to be able to record AND download but Filmon had to stop this a year or so ago). That's when I cancelled my subscription.......
iPlayer is the problem , but I doubt if I watched 3/4 programmes on this in the last year. A VPN that is not blocked seems to be the only way. I get all the UK TV I want to watch from "certain" sites and can download to watch when we want to.
documentaries from UK and other places are available on Board Message , you do have to register but don't get loads of spam!
Old Yesterday, 9:24 am   #50
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

I watch iPlayer using Unlocator.
David Mashael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 9:50 am   #51
Raffin 
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Mashael View Post
I watch iPlayer using Unlocator.
I don't know if Unlocator ever fails with the BBC but the cheaper Smart Proxy does now and again, like it has today. But it's good they offer a free VPN, which nearly always works, and it does today. They usually get the Proxy back working in a day or so.

The free Hoxx is still off for the UK. Is anyone using their premium server?

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Philippines