Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Internet TV, girlfriend and moving to the Philippines

Internet TV, girlfriend and moving to the Philippines

Old Oct 28th 2017, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet TV, girlfriend and moving to the Philippines

Tried Hoxx again after a week and it worked. No email received from them.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

...but today it doesn't. Had 4 tries over a period of an hour..different servers came up in the North of England...all were detected by the BBC. They've improved its onscreen appearance and functionality but if they did do anything to stop UK geoblocking it's at least not working consistently. Think I will be sticking with SmartDNS.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

With the latest posts showing increasing difficulty accessing UK tv channels, maybe JeremyB4 can indeed provide a useful service.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David Mashael
With the latest posts showing increasing difficulty accessing UK tv channels, maybe JeremyB4 can indeed provide a useful service.
I don't think the major problem is accessing UK TV but the ability to download a programme to watch at your convenience. Live streaming is easily available vis tvcatchup.com and Filmon.com and if you subscribe to Filmon you can record programmes and stream them at a time to suit you. (You used to be able to record AND download but Filmon had to stop this a year or so ago). That's when I cancelled my subscription.......
iPlayer is the problem , but I doubt if I watched 3/4 programmes on this in the last year. A VPN that is not blocked seems to be the only way. I get all the UK TV I want to watch from "certain" sites and can download to watch when we want to.
documentaries from UK and other places are available on Board Message , you do have to register but don't get loads of spam!
Old Nov 24th 2017, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

I watch iPlayer using Unlocator.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

I watch iPlayer using Unlocator.
I don't know if Unlocator ever fails with the BBC but the cheaper Smart Proxy does now and again, like it has today. But it's good they offer a free VPN, which nearly always works, and it does today. They usually get the Proxy back working in a day or so.

The free Hoxx is still off for the UK. Is anyone using their premium server?
Old Nov 26th 2017, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

another option to unlocator (which is great) is to use smart IPTV. Use a provider like ACE IPTV (google it) - you can then run the app on a smart TV, or computer. Presto, loads of channels, all sports, all live, special research interest TV for when the pinay is being tempo. All you could wish for.

As for a 40 year old age gap... wowzers, I'm sure she is very genuine, wants nothing and has very similar life goals to our old geezer poster. Or it'll be like Evelyn...

Old Nov 28th 2017, 7:07 am
Just Joined

jeremyb4 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is working well in the Philippines on only 2.5mbs. I tested it there over a 3 week period in Cebu. Even on sim broadband it worked fine when not raining somewhere along the microwave beam. It works fine on Globe and PLDT basic broadband, so long as you are getting more than 2.5mbs.
This is one of the best quality IPTV services I have come across and I have seen quite a few. The frame rate is high and it really does seem as though it is normal TV. Well do not take my word for it, see for yourself. I have 3 day free trials available for android tablets, phones or set top boxes. Just PM me and I will let you have a trial with no obligations at all.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse
another option to unlocator (which is great) is to use smart IPTV. Use a provider like ACE IPTV (google it) - you can then run the app on a smart TV, or computer. Presto, loads of channels, all sports, all live, special research interest TV for when the pinay is being tempo. All you could wish for.

As for a 40 year old age gap... wowzers, I'm sure she is very genuine, wants nothing and has very similar life goals to our old geezer poster. Or it'll be like Evelyn...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vABOFleXLJQ
The particular example of Evelyn that you quoted was indeed a tragedy. Whether she is guilty or not will never be 100% certain, but whatever, this was a tragic case but was a money issue and not related to an age difference between the couple.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 2:52 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

The particular example of Evelyn that you quoted was indeed a tragedy. Whether she is guilty or not will never be 100% certain, but whatever, this was a tragic case but was a money issue and not related to an age difference between the couple.
Just read an old article on this case, sounds very much like she is guilty. Very few crimes have a 100% certainty of proof, that's why we have a court system.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shard
Just read an old article on this case, sounds very much like she is guilty. Very few crimes have a 100% certainty of proof, that's why we have a court system.
Indeed you are quite correct, however, the point of my post was that age difference was not the motive for the murder.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:05 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed you are quite correct, however, the point of my post was that age difference was not the motive for the murder.
Well she was 17 when she got married, might have set some alarm bells off for some.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shard
Well she was 17 when she got married, might have set some alarm bells off for some.
Yes but she was not marrying "some old geezer" as suggested in an earlier post.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but she was not marrying "some old geezer" as suggested in an earlier post.
Very true. You do have to question the motives of a very young poor girl marrying a rich expat. Old or not. Age just makes it a bit more possible she’s not in it for the right reasons. I did a lot of soul searching on this when I recently married to someone 7 years younger from a different world. To just dismiss it is naive.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:51 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Very true. You do have to question the motives of a very young poor girl marrying a rich expat. Old or not. Age just makes it a bit more possible she’s not in it for the right reasons. I did a lot of soul searching on this when I recently married to someone 7 years younger from a different world. To just dismiss it is naive.
Was it Maggie?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.