Info on moving to Manila

Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

brit_mum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Info on moving to Manila

Originally Posted by limetree1
You'll be there before us, looks like we'll be going towards end of Oct/start of Nov. Just getting paperwork through now - all I can say is 'thank goodness the company is organised', I wouldn't have a clue where to start!!! They, along with my husband's future colleagues are pointing us in the right direction - the rest we will hopefully learn when there.

On our looksee trip we definately favoured living in or around Dasmarinas Village (if we can) and would look to send our eldest to the British school as she was very impressed - not sure about the almost 3 year old, we will see

Getting very excited now and just want to be there. Good luck you guys - and any help/advice from your end will also be appreciated.
Anyone know if there are British nurseries?
Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

limetree1 is an unknown quantity at this point

That would be good, it will be nice knowing people in a similar situation.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brit_mum
Anyone know if there are British nurseries?
I looked round two, Creative Play Corner School and Summit School.

I personally preferred Creative Play Corner (AKA CPC), they have one in Bonifacio Global City (near where my hubby will work) and one in Dasmarinas Village. Due to lack of time I only looked at the Bonifacio one which looked fine although no outdoor play area!! I am assured the one in Dasmarinas is very good and has outdoor play area - if you can get a place!! they do have a website www.creativeplaycorner.com
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

I looked round two, Creative Play Corner School and Summit School.

I personally preferred Creative Play Corner (AKA CPC), they have one in Bonifacio Global City (near where my hubby will work) and one in Dasmarinas Village. Due to lack of time I only looked at the Bonifacio one which looked fine although no outdoor play area!! I am assured the one in Dasmarinas is very good and has outdoor play area - if you can get a place!! they do have a website www.creativeplaycorner.com
BSM also take from 3, again if you can get a place
Old Aug 13th 2010, 2:23 am
Just Joined

belle4484 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there! there's a lot of international schools in manila. You can check out d website for d british school- www.britishschoolmanila.org. There's also d international school manila, brent school, and lot more... To live in- ayala alabang village is a nice place to stay in, though if your husband will be working in makati, you'll have lots of villages to choose from- bel-air, dasmarinas, forbes, only to name a few. well, g'luck and PM me if you have any other questions. btw, my 6 y/o son goes to brent school and he's so happy there.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 10:34 am
Just Joined

belle4484 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi! british nuseries- there's u.k. based Tumble Tots. it's located in libis, q.c. around 20 min. drive from the fort area.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by belle4484
hi! british nuseries- there's u.k. based Tumble Tots. it's located in libis, q.c. around 20 min. drive from the fort area.
Thanks for the info, ladies. Not long to go until we leave now. We fly out Sep 18th. Having a nightmare with mine and the kid's wardrobes as only just discovered we're going and there's no summer stuff left in the shops!
Old Aug 15th 2010, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info, ladies. Not long to go until we leave now. We fly out Sep 18th. Having a nightmare with mine and the kid's wardrobes as only just discovered we're going and there's no summer stuff left in the shops!
Save it till you get there, when I was there, the one thing there is no shortage of - is clothes shops So jealous, just want to get there now - good luck, let me know how it goes. Especially with the flight - dreading mine with the almost 3 and just turned 1!!!!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2010, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Save it till you get there, when I was there, the one thing there is no shortage of - is clothes shops So jealous, just want to get there now - good luck, let me know how it goes. Especially with the flight - dreading mine with the almost 3 and just turned 1!!!!!!!
Me too! I have a 6 month and a 2 and a half y/o - gonna be a struggle! Any tips for the flight? baby has his own seat, but what do i put him in as cathay pacific said only use basinettes for up to 6 m/o? he's not quite big enough at the mo for forward facing car seat, but i guess he'll be almost there by the time we leave so no point taking the baby one really.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Me too! I have a 6 month and a 2 and a half y/o - gonna be a struggle! Any tips for the flight? baby has his own seat, but what do i put him in as cathay pacific said only use basinettes for up to 6 m/o? he's not quite big enough at the mo for forward facing car seat, but i guess he'll be almost there by the time we leave so no point taking the baby one really.
We flew CP on our look-see, we didn't take the little ones
We did however take the 13 year old and as we were lucky enough to fly business class you can imagine what she was like with her fully functioning business class seat
The cabin crew were lovely and especially friendly to the little ones, i'm sure you'll be well looked after Just trying to keep them still for take off and landing might be a problem (o)
Old Aug 15th 2010, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

We flew CP on our look-see, we didn't take the little ones
We did however take the 13 year old and as we were lucky enough to fly business class you can imagine what she was like with her fully functioning business class seat
The cabin crew were lovely and especially friendly to the little ones, i'm sure you'll be well looked after Just trying to keep them still for take off and landing might be a problem (o)
hiya, did you try and PM me? I tried to open it, but it failed and said i may have a 'pop up' block on???? Sorry, never PM'd and have no idea how to! I'll ask hubby!! Yeah, we're business class too. I'm worried that other passengers will be wanting to be 'down-graded' - lol!!
Old Aug 15th 2010, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

hiya, did you try and PM me? I tried to open it, but it failed and said i may have a 'pop up' block on???? Sorry, never PM'd and have no idea how to! I'll ask hubby!! Yeah, we're business class too. I'm worried that other passengers will be wanting to be 'down-graded' - lol!!
Yes i did try to PM, but like you a bit of a novice!! (probably did it wrong) When we went there was a lady with a baby about 8 months and she was at the front using a bassinet. (although not during take off/landing)
No one seemed to complain - but you are in your own capsule - so hey they might not hear the screams !!!!
We were delayed coming back and i think the business class lounge was a god send to her. Bless
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

asahlb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We are also a family of four that are planning to move to Manila from Sweden.
We have two children, aged 16 and 13 and I am looking for a school that will be good for them.

Has anyone any suggestions? Most people who I have heard about seem to have younger children.

My husband will probably come in november and the rest of us after christmas.
We will come to Manila in september for "look and see" trip.

This is our first living abroad so it is very exiting for all of us. Especially for our kids, it is a big step to move when you are a teenager.

Do anyone know how much the income tax is in Philippines?

We will be glad for any tip or information.

/Ann

Last edited by asahlb; Aug 20th 2010 at 12:21 pm. Reason: spelling check
Old Aug 20th 2010, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

alicantina709 is an unknown quantity at this point

Limetree and Brit mum - We are flying business as well. Do you think that it would be worth it to take the infant car seat with us? My son is 1 and VERY active. I am afraid to let him sleep in the seat by himself as he moves around a lot in his sleep. His maxi cosi infant car seat goes up to 13 kilos and he is about 11 kilos right now. We no longer use the infant car seat but I am thinking that it might be a good idea to strap him down when he sleeps(this way I can get some rest as well!). What are your thoughts??
Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alicantina709
Limetree and Brit mum - We are flying business as well. Do you think that it would be worth it to take the infant car seat with us? My son is 1 and VERY active. I am afraid to let him sleep in the seat by himself as he moves around a lot in his sleep. His maxi cosi infant car seat goes up to 13 kilos and he is about 11 kilos right now. We no longer use the infant car seat but I am thinking that it might be a good idea to strap him down when he sleeps(this way I can get some rest as well!). What are your thoughts??
hi alicantina,

my youngest is nearly 7 months and i'm hoping he'll be big enough for a foward facing seat before we go - as i don't really want to be taking 3 with one that he'll only have for a couple of weeks at most! I'm sure you can use them on the flight, although even the baby has his own seat which folds flat so i'm hoping this will induce some sleep! you can order basinets though for them up to about a year (i know someone with a 1 yr old that has booked one as the child doesn't have his own seat). My 2 year old is unlikey to want to be strapped in, so i think i'll probably put both of the car seats in the aircraft hold. although i'm a bit undecided..probably best to phone the airline and see what they advise. Not long to go now! Best of luck with the plans to all of you, ladies x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.