imported food stuffs

Old Mar 9th 2018, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default imported food stuffs

When ordering from any of the online companies the costs of shipping can be hugely prohibitive against what you spend for content

We are fortunate that the Philippines has a unique Balikbayan system that makes shipping costs far cheaper.

With Tescos and Waitrose now providing limited options, some at good pricing...come on tescos bring back the weetabix the choice is growing ever wider.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: imported food stuffs

Originally Posted by mikemike
When ordering from any of the online companies the costs of shipping can be hugely prohibitive against what you spend for content

We are fortunate that the Philippines has a unique Balikbayan system that makes shipping costs far cheaper.

With Tescos and Waitrose now providing limited options, some at good pricing...come on tescos bring back the weetabix the choice is growing ever wider.
I have just got my brother to send a couple of balikbayan boxes from the UK. In my search of companies to use there was one that claimed that if you had your "Online Shopping" sent directly to them they would pack and send your purchases to you anywhere in the Philippines, rates seemed quite reasonable. Shall try and find link and post. Has anyone experience of a service like this?
Old Mar 9th 2018, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I have just got my brother to send a couple of balikbayan boxes from the UK. In my search of companies to use there was one that claimed that if you had your "Online Shopping" sent directly to them they would pack and send your purchases to you anywhere in the Philippines, rates seemed quite reasonable. Shall try and find link and post. Has anyone experience of a service like this?
I am looking for just a service, if your brother wants to expand his service then I would be happy to cross his palm with silver. Not sure if the Balikbayan box rules are now so strict that they ensure that it it is sent the way the new custom guy wants.....then again he made those rules months ago and I suspect it has bored his underlings to distraction already.

For anyone in the UK wanting to set up a home delivery to the Philippines with the BB could do well if they are prepared to receive on line deliveries to their doorstep
Old Mar 9th 2018, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking for just a service, if your brother wants to expand his service then I would be happy to cross his palm with silver.
My brother is, to date, a Balikbayan box virgin and unfortunately may stay that way after the problems we have had with service providers in the UK with the first boxes he is sending.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
My brother is, to date, a Balikbayan box virgin and unfortunately may stay that way after the problems we have had with service providers in the UK with the first boxes he is sending.
Mike Stokes in Leyte imports UK goods and at reasonable prices.
For example, rustans charge 349p for a box of Waitrose brand "Weetabix", Mike does ASDA value at 150p and ASDA Best of at 200p. Genuine Weetabix is 280p. He will ship anywhere in Phils and delivers every fortnight to Cebu.
Shop - Mike's Imported English Goods
he now gets deliveries twice a month from UK. I've used him since he started 2 years ago and have been pleased with range and prices.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Quiltman ty for this one as well

All I need to do now is work out how to register, sign in if already registered is easy enough!!

Last edited by mikemike; Mar 11th 2018 at 10:15 am.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quiltman
Shop - Mike's Imported English Goods
he now gets deliveries twice a month from UK. I've used him since he started 2 years ago and have been pleased with range and prices.
All I get from the link is "LOADING...", is anyone else having the same problem?
Old Mar 12th 2018, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes the site loading does take a while, took me some time as well.

I then clicked on ''account'' that is where I discovered that you can 'log in' but not register etc. I am waiting for a response on their live chat line, where I gave my e-mail address.

Shame as I have an order I want to place
Old Mar 12th 2018, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anybody tried the British Corner Shop, the one listed in Sponsored links?
Old Mar 12th 2018, 6:20 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

I cantaloupe you a commercial solution, IGA is the American equivalent of spa grocers. They have a lot of the Caribbean sewn up by franchising local supermarkets. Their logistics are impressive, they distribute in reefer containers globally and stock Tesco Waitrose and all manner of us brands. Here we get weekly fresh produce milk etc containers and other stuff more often, though in hurricane season it’s not unheard of for a week with no fresh milk � ����
Old Mar 12th 2018, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Has anybody tried the British Corner Shop, the one listed in Sponsored links?

I started to put an order together and saw that the cost of shipping was higher than the produce, so much so it was prohibitive. In addition the Waitrose products are not available to the Philippines, probably because they have a restricted agreement with Ayala/Rustans.

Ok registration mystery is now solved. You place an order and your and delivery address. There is a box to register!! then choose payment method

Last edited by mikemike; Mar 12th 2018 at 8:26 am.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Found the company that packs your boxes for you in the UK. You shop on line using their address as delivery point, they pack it and send it for you, fair selection of box sizes. Just under £100 for a 8 cubic foot box. It's site called Pinoyboxdelivery.com
Old Mar 12th 2018, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

I started to put an order together and saw that the cost of shipping was higher than the produce, so much so it was prohibitive. In addition the Waitrose products are not available to the Philippines, probably because they have a restricted agreement with Ayala/Rustans.

Ok registration mystery is now solved. You place an order and your and delivery address. There is a box to register!! then choose payment method
glad you got sorted! I pay cash on delivery at Eurohub in Talamban but you can send money via the various Padala schemes.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikestokes
<snip>
Hi Mike, just wondering if you ever heard of 'Xend' Courier Services based here in the Ph. When we get items delivered to us from within the Ph, it tends to be by Xend and their rates are usually much cheaper than LBC and certainly less than 30% of the weight of the cargo. If you're not aware of this courier, just google 'Xend ph' and look for the rates at the bottom. I’ve also copied in a sample of their rates below for easy reference. I’ve a couple of other questions I’d appreciate your response to please.

Items available
Can customers only choose from the items listed under your website? I’m assuming that one cannot identify other items in UK supermarkets and arrange to purchase them via yourself, is that correct? Oops, just read one of your posts where you mentioned you were prepared to order in anything suggested. Does that mean that as long as the UK supermarkets you deal with have the item, you will order it in, even though it’s only a couple of packets of something or other?

Mode of contact
We note that your preferred method of contact is by telephone, text or facebook. As we do not use facebook, it is often easier to say what one wants by -email; is it possible to communicate with you via e-mail and if so, how can we get your e-mail address? I recall you saying somewhere that your internet connection is not great and we accept that. For potential customers such as ourselves not on facebook, we would send you an e-mail followed by a brief text to let you know. This seems to work well for many users.

Method of payment
We know that you suggest Western Union and Paypal, neither of which we find ideal. Is it possible to make arrangements so that one can make payment by electronic transfer? As you probably know, there are no charges for this when the business and customer both have the same bank; when the transfer is between different banks, the costs are minimal. Further, an electronic transfer can be done from home by a few clicks on the computer, is less hassle and the transfer immediate when funds are being sent to the same bank. Thanks.

Xend Rates
DELIVERED TO DOORSTEP
MM NEXT DAY | LUZ VIS MIN 2-3 DAYS
Package Type Metro Manila
Small* UNLIWEIGHT ₱39
Large UNLIWEIGHT ₱89
Extra LargeUNLIWEIGHT ₱109
OP (Own Packaging) 1st 3kg ₱109
Add-on per kg ₱40

Package Type Provincial
Small* (1st kg) ₱129
Large (1st kg) ₱139
Extra Large (1st 3kg) ₱209
OP 1st 3kg ₱209
Add-on per kg ₱80

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 14th 2018 at 10:21 am. Reason: Removed quoted advertising post
Old Mar 14th 2018, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
Hi Mike, just wondering if you ever heard of 'Xend' Courier Services based here in the Ph. When we get items delivered to us from within the Ph, it tends to be by Xend and their rates are usually much cheaper than LBC and certainly less than 30% of the weight of the cargo. If you're not aware of this courier, just google 'Xend ph' and look for the rates at the bottom. I’ve also copied in a sample of their rates below for easy reference. I’ve a couple of other questions I’d appreciate your response to please.

Items available
Can customers only choose from the items listed under your website? I’m assuming that one cannot identify other items in UK supermarkets and arrange to purchase them via yourself, is that correct? Oops, just read one of your posts where you mentioned you were prepared to order in anything suggested. Does that mean that as long as the UK supermarkets you deal with have the item, you will order it in, even though it’s only a couple of packets of something or other?

Mode of contact
We note that your preferred method of contact is by telephone, text or facebook. As we do not use facebook, it is often easier to say what one wants by -email; is it possible to communicate with you via e-mail and if so, how can we get your e-mail address? I recall you saying somewhere that your internet connection is not great and we accept that. For potential customers such as ourselves not on facebook, we would send you an e-mail followed by a brief text to let you know. This seems to work well for many users.

Method of payment
We know that you suggest Western Union and Paypal, neither of which we find ideal. Is it possible to make arrangements so that one can make payment by electronic transfer? As you probably know, there are no charges for this when the business and customer both have the same bank; when the transfer is between different banks, the costs are minimal. Further, an electronic transfer can be done from home by a few clicks on the computer, is less hassle and the transfer immediate when funds are being sent to the same bank. Thanks.

Xend Rates
DELIVERED TO DOORSTEP
MM NEXT DAY | LUZ VIS MIN 2-3 DAYS
Package Type Metro Manila
Small* UNLIWEIGHT ₱39
Large UNLIWEIGHT ₱89
Extra LargeUNLIWEIGHT ₱109
OP (Own Packaging) 1st 3kg ₱109
Add-on per kg ₱40

Package Type Provincial
Small* (1st kg) ₱129
Large (1st kg) ₱139
Extra Large (1st 3kg) ₱209
OP 1st 3kg ₱209
Add-on per kg ₱80
as Mike has only just joined BE and made the one post he cannot send PMs yet , if you send me a PM with your email , I'll send you Mikes email. I usually order via the online shop but originally did it all by email! don't want to post his email in open forum as it may get "collected"
You can pay him via LBC and other padala schemes if you want, and again I'll give you the details via PM. I don't know where you're based but here in Cebu he has two drop off points every fortnight and we pay the guys in cash.Once you have his email then you can ask him all the questions you want! HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.