Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Philippines

Old Sep 16th 2017, 4:06 pm   #46
BE Enthusiast

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Humorous Episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by springsteen11 View Post
Philippine logic...

We have a bus service that goes from Bacolod to Sipalay quite frequently. The bus completes the round trip. When getting the bus from Sipalay to Bacolod it goes every 2 hrs so I am reliably told. But from Bacolod to Sipalay its every 30 mins. I think there is a lot of missing buses hiding somewhere.....

Regards

Pete
From this I now understand our 'every 15 minute' jeepney service to Roxas City. What the unwary ( me being one of them ) do not know is that every 2nd one does a U turn at the next village and ends up at another village that is 2km further away from Roxas than we are. There you change jeepney to one that goes to Roxas, despite the original jeepney indicating that it goes to Roxas. Last time I went I got caught out by the 3 meanings of 'Yes' as highlighted in a previous post.
Stokkevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th 2017, 5:59 am   #47
Raffin 
Forum Regular

Raffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud ofRaffin has much to be proud of

Not sure how humorous this is, but it came to mind when I was recently thinking about Filipino names.

Some time ago we had an excellent boy helper over a number of years. Every year in May he spent his leave in the Province. One year my wife, getting tired of the ironing, and having had no luck using other people to find one, asked him to look out for a girl helper while he was on leave.

After 2 or 3 weeks he duly arrived with one, said she was his sister who had unfortunately been abandoned by her boyfriend after giving birth.The baby was being looked after by her parents while she was away with us. And she needed money.

Being his sister it seemed acceptable that they should both occupy the quarters that he had previously occupied alone. All seemed fine to me with the arrangement, but after a few days my wife began to smell a rat. Female intuition or whatever.

A day or so later the girl was with us in the car. My wife engaged her in conversation about her kid.....then the killer question.."What's your baby's name?"

The answer she gave, without any hesitation and seemingly without any effect on her, was a combination of her name and our boy helper's name!

Hurried departure of the two of them the next morning.
Raffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th 2017, 5:43 am   #48
BE Enthusiast

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Years ago when Mother in Law used to visit one afternoon I was lying on the sofa reading a book, M-i-L was hovering around obviously after something, eventually she decided to actually ask.
M-i-L "Can I watch WowWowWee?
Me "No"
M-i-L "Why not?"
Me "Because you can't"
M-i-L stops off and finds my wife
Wife "Can Mum watch WowWowWee?"
Me "No"
M-i-L, loudly "Why not?"
Me "Because there is a brownout and has been for the last 4 hours"
M-i-L stomps off into the bed room shutting the door loudly.
Stokkevn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Philippines