Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Homes in Dasmarinas Village (Manila)

Homes in Dasmarinas Village (Manila)

Old Jun 19th 2005, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Calunasankris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Homes in Dasmarinas Village (Manila)

Does anyone rent or own a home in Dasmarinas Village (Manila) they might be vacating in next 2 months (max) and would be willing to rent out or put me in touch with the Landlord ? Would also consider Bel Air and San Lorenzo or indeed anywhere else. Any leads would be much appreciated.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 4:06 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homes in Dasmarinas Village (Manila)

Originally Posted by Calunasankris
Does anyone rent or own a home in Dasmarinas Village (Manila) they might be vacating in next 2 months (max) and would be willing to rent out or put me in touch with the Landlord ? Would also consider Bel Air and San Lorenzo or indeed anywhere else. Any leads would be much appreciated.
It would be helpful to know where you are living now. There may be local resources in the country where you reside that can help you find a place in the area you're looking to rent.

NC Penguin
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your response. We are actually already in the Philippines and dealing with agents but it is proving to be difficult to find the property we need. I was hoping, by my post, to find a landlord with a property to rent or possibly a tenant terminating an existing lease.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

Calunasankris,

Property agents in the Philippines are just like cockroaches crawling everywhere in that part of the world. One word you send out that you are in need (own or rent) of property, you will be flooded with offers. Be carefull of whom you are dealing with because they are very aggressive like crocodiles trying to get their preys. If you are already there, get a yellow page book and do the legwork yourself. It will be much more quicker and cheaper if you hit the right spot.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Originally Posted by Calunasankris
Thank you for your response. We are actually already in the Philippines and dealing with agents but it is proving to be difficult to find the property we need. I was hoping, by my post, to find a landlord with a property to rent or possibly a tenant terminating an existing lease.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Redwings,

Thank you for your wise comments and I agree with you !

Calunasankris
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

It could do no harm to speak to one or two of the gate guards, they always know what is going on after all. A little bit of folding money, with an incentive of so much for a result, might just do the trick.
Alternatively a small add. in the "Manila Bulletin" or suchlike, direct to landlord only, and let them know that you know the price when they call you, as someone just phoned you minutes before, and you're taking a look, but you'll compare their's as well to see what the best offer is!

Good luck in your quest
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

This is something weird because why will you have to do this "fold money" to the guards since it is not a favor you are asking, it`s their business. How could you imagine if your house is being robbed and you might need to bribe them just to call help or police.

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer
It could do no harm to speak to one or two of the gate guards, they always know what is going on after all. A little bit of folding money, with an incentive of so much for a result, might just do the trick.Alternatively a small add. in the "Manila Bulletin" or suchlike, direct to landlord only, and let them know that you know the price when they call you, as someone just phoned you minutes before, and you're taking a look, but you'll compare their's as well to see what the best offer is!

Good luck in your quest

Last edited by Redwings; Jun 23rd 2005 at 12:12 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redwings
This is something weird because why will you have to do this "fold money" to the guards since it is not a favor you are asking, it`s their business. How could you imagine if your house is being robbed and you might need to bribe them just to call help or police.

Redwings the favour is they will know if any houses are available to be rented, and who the landlords are. They will know if houses are due to be vacated, and if so coming up for rental. They are in situ and see what is happening, and what is going on. If you give them an incentive it is worth their while to contact the person who gave them the incentive, with further to come if the outcome is favourable. Not much passes the guards, and they will probably know the going rate for rental as well as many other things.
The guards I am referring to are those that will be found on the entrance road to the village. Their job is guarding the village, and keeping undesirables out, rather than acting as agents, hence a little incentive will get them on-side, your side that is.
Say they know a suitable property is being vacated next week, they can let you know first, and let the owner know someone is interested as well, maybe even letting you know what the previous tenants paid.
I think you misunderstood my post, and I hope this clarifies what I am suggesting. I do not know the village as I have only spent a few weeks in Manila/Quezon. I live in Cebu.