Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Home internet provider in Mactan

Home internet provider in Mactan

Old Oct 11th 2016, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

ianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant future
Default Home internet provider in Mactan

Dear All,

Any advice for getting decent internet service in the house?

From my search so far I guess PLDT is about the only provider worth considering and the Fibr packages on the face of it look OK. I need to check availability of Fibr in my area (Maribago, near Costabella resort) as its a new Sbdvn and im not sure of the infrastructure.

Being a Brit I need the TV package to contain football if possible??

Any advice most appreciated.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home internet provider in Mactan

Originally Posted by ianinmalaysia
Dear All,

Any advice for getting decent internet service in the house?

From my search so far I guess PLDT is about the only provider worth considering and the Fibr packages on the face of it look OK. I need to check availability of Fibr in my area (Maribago, near Costabella resort) as its a new Sbdvn and im not sure of the infrastructure.

Being a Brit I need the TV package to contain football if possible??

Any advice most appreciated.
If you can not get fiber in your area Globe offer a wireless package 9Mbps and 50Gbs per month for about P1200 or what I have is 1Mbps and 90Gbs per month for P799, I watch the F1 races on this when the cable is not working.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

*Any advice for getting decent internet service in the house*.... Pray for a miracle.

No idea exactly where you are, but the internet service in the Philippines is crap. I have just been upgraded to G4 whatever that is and its worse than what I had before. They (Globe) tried to charge me extra for this "free" upgrade.

I also try to watch football using a streaming site. Its not too bad at 3.00 in the morning when the Philippines and the fb brigade is asleep. Tried to watch the F1 Gp from Japan on Sunday morning using a streaming site and all I got was about 2 secs of action with about 3 mins buffering throughout the race.

Best of luck!

Regards

Pete
Old Oct 12th 2016, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

I use these streaming sites with PLDT

VIPBoxTV Live Rugby | Live Rugby Stream Online

Rugby - Live Streaming Video / Watch Free Live Sport Streams - StreamHunter
Old Oct 12th 2016, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Mike,

Yes, I also recommend your second link and use that most of the time. Your first link I just tried looks comprehensive but I get a message to disable the "adblocker" I have currently installed. So I will give that a miss. For cricket I use this link as another option which is very good. Live Cricket Streaming - Ind Vs Zim Live Cricket Streaming

However, the stream is only as good as the internet at the time.

Regards

Pete
Old Oct 13th 2016, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by springsteen11
Mike,

Yes, I also recommend your second link and use that most of the time. Your first link I just tried looks comprehensive but I get a message to disable the "adblocker" I have currently installed. So I will give that a miss. For cricket I use this link as another option which is very good. Live Cricket Streaming - Ind Vs Zim Live Cricket Streaming

However, the stream is only as good as the internet at the time.

Regards

Pete
Once you master getting rid of the pop ups, they are an irritant the selection can be good especially when there s down time on the second choice

Yes I have the live cricket screening as well. just forgot it.

I believe that Wiziwig may have made a come back, yet to check them out