At Home Broadband

Old Jun 13th 2017, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At Home Broadband

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Yes I can see now how you get up to that amount of data. Can you share which sites you use to download, also have you found a decent site for streaming live sports, English Premier League, MotoGP, F1 etc?
Cheers
For documentaries I use Board Message you have to register but you do NOT get any spam mail. Used them for years.
Use torrents for most UK TV, use TVCatchup - Channels for streaming what little UK TV I watch live. Can't help with sports as I do not do "sporty"! I can ask my son what he uses as he watches EPL etc, but I think most of it is via his android TV box. Will get back to you in due course.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

ChrisKVie is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone had experience of KODI boxes here. In Europe its a big thing and you can get all live streaming from all SKY etc etc on this for free.
cheers
Old Jun 13th 2017, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

kompani101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChrisKVie
Has anyone had experience of KODI boxes here. In Europe its a big thing and you can get all live streaming from all SKY etc etc on this for free.
cheers
I was checking KODI boxes out several weeks ago when this popped up relating to them in the UK so thought I'd let it settle down to see if there where any knock on here in PH. Not investigated further.
https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/799844/Kodi-Box-digital-economy-act-prison-streaming-torrents/amp
Old Jun 13th 2017, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

kompani101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Yes I can see now how you get up to that amount of data. Can you share which sites you use to download, also have you found a decent site for streaming live sports, English Premier League, MotoGP, F1 etc?
Cheers
I listen to over 200 audio books a year, according to Audible for 2016,plus podcasts. No films, download some music, watch a bit of YouTube but on the whole don't download or stream video. I am very early retired so can spend up to 12hrs per day online, yes I am really that sad but our village is small and 30minutes drive from anything remotely entertaining, 2hrs from good entertainment. We have GSat satellite which is OK. :-)
Old Jun 13th 2017, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kompani101
I listen to over 200 audio books a year, according to Audible for 2016,plus podcasts. No films, download some music, watch a bit of YouTube but on the whole don't download or stream video. I am very early retired so can spend up to 12hrs per day online, yes I am really that sad but our village is small and 30minutes drive from anything remotely entertaining, 2hrs from good entertainment. We have GSat satellite which is OK. :-)
I read over 200 books a year on my Kindle, listen to hours of old UK comedy shows from - RadioEchoes.com | Admin - watch loads of documentaries from MVGroup and sometimes stream - usually the UK morning news shows. We have 3 android boxes here and none of them now run Kodi - there are plenty of alternatives. I can get all the UK channels I want to watch or via www.tvcatchup/channels if watching on the PC.
Sad life but still have many hours to fill playing with my grandson!
Old Jun 13th 2017, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
I want to watch or via www.tvcatchup/channels if watching on the PC.
Sad life but still have many hours to fill playing with my grandson!
Tried the link but it keeps coming up Problem Loading Page - Server Not Found
Old Jun 13th 2017, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Tried the link but it keeps coming up Problem Loading Page - Server Not Found
The ".com" is missing in the original link.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisKVie
cheers
Whether KODI is useful for you is easy to verify. To clarify things: KODI is a free software program which you can download here: https://kodi.tv/ Halfway down the page you can see for what operating systems they have a version available (spoiler: Windows, OSX/iOS, Android, Linux, and some others). You download this on any type of computer you have (e.g. desktop, laptop, notebook). Next you download and install so-called add-ons, depending on your needs. Then you can try it out. If you want to watch video (e.g. TV or movies) you will need sufficient internet speed. As you see, you don't need to buy any kind of box. And if you don't like it, or it does not work properly, you can simply remove it from your computer.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

ChrisKVie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am presently using UNLOCATOR as a means to watch UK TV. www.unlocator.com
You can try it out for free for 7 days and then its around 50 USD per year. Essentially follow the instructions to change your DNS server address on either your WiFi router or IPAD/PC. If you change the router all units on your home network will work. I find it better than VPN as there is zero degradation in the bandwidth.

If you have family in the UK and they are already subscribers to SKY then they have the option (for free) to use up to 4 sign ins using SKY GO. I use one of my sisters sign ins and get all the channels she subscribes too on line. Sport, movies etc etc..

Using Unlocator and Sky Go is no different to sitting at home in the UK....apart from the time difference !. You can also download sports/movies etc etc after the live broadcast if its a 4am job !.

Chris
Old Jun 14th 2017, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SushiFan
The ".com" is missing in the original link.
Yup! My bad. Slaps wrist.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

1/ https://www.vipbox.nu/sports/rugby.html if you can select the one channel shown to be HD the picture quality is very good and for rugby the one to watch is Rugbypass.com if they have it. getting past the add on and redirect is the challenge once done it is great viewing.

2/https://www.batmanstream.com/ was once my preferred streaming channel, then somehow the picture quality deteriorated. now used as a back up channel

3/http://sports4u.net/channel/willow-cricket-live-streaming-online-10/ Once again the re directs and pops can be a challenge once past that it is good to go

4/http://www.vipbox.me/ Once again used to be very good now it appears limited, I use as a distant reserve

hope this helps
Old Jun 14th 2017, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Purchase

Cannot understand the workings of car dealerships in the Philippines. Was looking to try to part ex our car for a new ,model. We were quoted "off the cuff" as a guess 700k from one main dealer, then 1M from another main dealer.

As the car is worth much more decided to sell it private and then pay cash for a new model.The irony of this is we asked how much discount would be available on a car costing 2.9m...............we got two replies (most never even bothered to reply) 10k and 40k.

I told the salesperson that 10k might just buy a half decent bottle of wine, d
She agreed,but stated the car we wanted was very rare, and stock was limited! For god sake it's a Ford.

Having bought many new cars in the U.K., a salesperson would have bent over backwards and offered a proper discount to seal a deal.

What is wrong with the car market here?
Old Jun 14th 2017, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
Cannot understand the workings of car dealerships in the Philippines. Was looking to try to part ex our car for a new ,model. We were quoted "off the cuff" as a guess 700k from one main dealer, then 1M from another main dealer.

As the car is worth much more decided to sell it private and then pay cash for a new model.The irony of this is we asked how much discount would be available on a car costing 2.9m...............we got two replies (most never even bothered to reply) 10k and 40k.

She agreed,but stated the car we wanted was very rare, and stock was limited! For god sake it's a Ford.

Having bought many new cars in the U.K., a salesperson would have bent over backwards and offered a proper discount to seal a deal.

Very small market compared to a western country, same reason airline tickets are much more expensive going Phil out in Phil than going In Phil Phil Out.
Old Jun 15th 2017, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

As Gazza says, small market and most cars , certainly the more expensive models, are imported to order so dealers tend not to get the volume discounts they do in UK.Selling privately here is the way to go and you'll get more than a trade in - no different from UK. Here Ford is almost a luxury brand - how many fiestas/Focuses do you see? Mostly the F150 pick up and variants from my (limited) experience. you have more chance of some discount with one of the Japanese brands. Funnily I asked about cash discount on a Toyota Avanza , price around 800K , and was offered 50K by Toyota Cebu. Like the UK most dealers profit comes from finance deals and here nearly all the manufacturers have a finance scheme, the dealer commission on which is most of his profit.
In 2009 I was looking for a new car in the UK , had settled on a KIA Carens MK3. My local dealer offered 7.5% for cash but would offer 10% if I took their finance deal.worked out interest etc and got Bank loan instead and took the 7.5%. With the interest on the loan , minus what the capital was earning, my net interest was about 1% over 3 years.
It's what it is I'm afraid and yes, it's different from the UK........
Old Jun 15th 2017, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mike, where are you looking at buying your new Ford? I am planning to buy a new Ford Ranger Wildtrak. The Ford dealer in Davao quoted me the retail price, but several Ford dealers in Manila offered sizable discounts, P200k+

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.