Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

help with Philippine visa!

help with Philippine visa!

Old Jun 6th 2015, 8:35 am
Just Joined

rogerjsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help with Philippine visa!

hi guys/gals
my name is roger im a british national and i recently married my filipina girlfriend/now wife in bohol philippines in may 2015, im currently back in the uk and intend to return to bohol in july 2015 and wish to stay in the country for at least 6 months straight with my wife and our 6 month old daughter,[they are still in philippines] now i havent applied for a visa over the 30 day limit, what i intend to do is enter the country on a 30 day stamp issued upon arrival by immigration and then extend it for 6 months[or a year] at a BI office in tagbilaran,my question being can i legally do this? bearing in mind im now married to a local girl and our wedding took place in the philippines last month,
also i know i need a return/onward plane ticket to show immigration upon my arrival so ive decided to fly one way to cebu and have an onward ticket to hong kong for 30 days later simply so i can get in ok but not actually use it,just extend my visa until im ready to return to the uk,as i intend to apply for uk visas for my wife and daughter so we can return to the uk together if anyone knows a way to do this please can you enlighten me
regards
roger
Old Jun 6th 2015, 9:27 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help with Philippine visa!

Hi rogerjsy and welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone be along before too long with some answers for you, though it sometimes takes a little longer at the weekend
Old Jun 6th 2015, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by rogerjsy
hi guys/gals
my name is roger im a british national and i recently married my filipina girlfriend/now wife in bohol philippines in may 2015, im currently back in the uk and intend to return to bohol in july 2015 and wish to stay in the country for at least 6 months straight with my wife and our 6 month old daughter,[they are still in philippines] now i havent applied for a visa over the 30 day limit, what i intend to do is enter the country on a 30 day stamp issued upon arrival by immigration and then extend it for 6 months[or a year] at a BI office in tagbilaran,my question being can i legally do this? bearing in mind im now married to a local girl and our wedding took place in the philippines last month,
also i know i need a return/onward plane ticket to show immigration upon my arrival so ive decided to fly one way to cebu and have an onward ticket to hong kong for 30 days later simply so i can get in ok but not actually use it,just extend my visa until im ready to return to the uk,as i intend to apply for uk visas for my wife and daughter so we can return to the uk together if anyone knows a way to do this please can you enlighten me
regards
roger
Extension of Stay

Yes, you can. Since UK nationals don't need a visa to enter the Philippines, you may extend your stay up to 36 months.

The said periods shall be counted from the date of the applicant’s latest recorded arrival.

You just need to show your passport and a filled-out visa extension form which you can find in the link I gave you.

---------

In regards to your daughter, is she a 'biological' one?

If so, you don't need to get her a UK visa. You can just apply a UK passport for her straight-away.

Last edited by knighstrike; Jun 6th 2015 at 9:39 am.
Old Jun 6th 2015, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: help with Philippine visa!

hello knights
yes the child is my biological daughter,thanks for the info my friend and i will go to the BI office and get extensions for 6 months
regards
roger
Old Jun 9th 2015, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Bazza070958 is an unknown quantity at this point

Roger
Im not sure there is a BI office in Tagbilaran ?? ... I had a look and I beleive the nearest is in Cebu ... I am thinking of moving next year so dont take my word as gospel
Old Jun 9th 2015, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Hello bazaa
Yes there is one in tagbilaran that apparently does visas for 6 months at a time
Old Jun 10th 2015, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Sorry .... Thats great news was gonna find out in Oct as thats when I go back prior to a move ? Good Luck
Old Jun 10th 2015, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

It's just up the road from the BQ mall I will send u the address dude
Old Jun 11th 2015, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Yeah Thanks Roger
Old Jun 11th 2015, 12:37 pm
Just Joined