Forms Forms Forms

Old May 23rd 2016, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Bazza070958 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Forms Forms Forms

Please could anyone advise what Forms/ Certificates/ Personal Info I need to bring with me when I move, hopefully for good, in the next few months?
I was thinking Passport, Drivers Licence, Birth Certificate and that's when I get stuck !! Any Help much appreciated. Just opened the STAR a/c @ BPI in London yesterday. They seemed very helpful. I will be taking early retirement before I leave and intend to stay as a tourist for a couple of years at least then changing to SRRV possibly later??
Cheers again and sorry if I'm asking questions too often
Old May 23rd 2016, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forms Forms Forms

Originally Posted by Bazza070958
Please could anyone advise what Forms/ Certificates/ Personal Info I need to bring with me when I move, hopefully for good, in the next few months?
I was thinking Passport, Drivers Licence, Birth Certificate and that's when I get stuck !! Any Help much appreciated. Just opened the STAR a/c @ BPI in London yesterday. They seemed very helpful. I will be taking early retirement before I leave and intend to stay as a tourist for a couple of years at least then changing to SRRV possibly later??
Health card if they still have them as you do not wish to lose it
Old May 23rd 2016, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

I brought a CoE "Certificate of Baptism" which seems to be very well accepted as a good additional cert of identification. Mother's maiden name seems to be included in a lot of things so if you can get a copy of her birth/wedding cert, again locals happily accept. Original of car insurance from the UK also makes getting proper car insurance here easier ( reduces lots of paperwork ). Printout of your BPI ( UK ) account details/letter, again just smooths the bumps. Most importantly enough Marmite, Pork Pies & Stilton to distribute amongst your new found friends giving you advise on this site.
Old May 23rd 2016, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Get BPI to open you a peso account before you move. you have to nominate a branch in order to go pick up your ATM card etc. Then enrol for bpiexpressonline and bingo! Takes seconds to transfer from UK to here and good rates. If you have other questions please post again or send me a PM. We have the SRRV and there's a good sticky on it at the top of this part of the forum.
Old May 24th 2016, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe things have changed since the 15 months I have been in the Philippines. I opened a Star account with BPI Europe (London) before leaving and was advised I could not open an account in the Philippines until arrival. Even then, one of the requirements to open an account was to be in possession of an ACR Tourist Card. This is only obtainable on renewal of the 59 day tourist visa. Fortunately....I knew a friend of a friend and circumvented this.

Regards

Pete M
Old May 24th 2016, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by springsteen11
Maybe things have changed since the 15 months I have been in the Philippines. I opened a Star account with BPI Europe (London) before leaving and was advised I could not open an account in the Philippines until arrival. Even then, one of the requirements to open an account was to be in possession of an ACR Tourist Card. This is only obtainable on renewal of the 59 day tourist visa. Fortunately....I knew a friend of a friend and circumvented this.

Regards

Pete M

Yes Pete that's what I was told on Sunday .... so I'm getting my good lady to open an ATM A/c with BPI and gonna transfer online into her A/c till I get the ACR. Hope all is smoother with you ... Best Wishes and Thanks Baz
Old May 24th 2016, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I brought a CoE "Certificate of Baptism" which seems to be very well accepted as a good additional cert of identification. Mother's maiden name seems to be included in a lot of things so if you can get a copy of her birth/wedding cert, again locals happily accept. Original of car insurance from the UK also makes getting proper car insurance here easier ( reduces lots of paperwork ). Printout of your BPI ( UK ) account details/letter, again just smooths the bumps. Most importantly enough Marmite, Pork Pies & Stilton to distribute amongst your new found friends giving you advise on this site.

Hahaha, will do, but I fear the Stilton may get munched on as my GF has now developed a taste for cheese since I bought some, when over in Lucena a couple of weeks ago. Can I ask do I need a Police clearance check from the UK to satisfy any Tourist or SRRV visa requirements ?
Old May 24th 2016, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the good wishes Baz.

For a tourist visa you do not need any police clearance checks. Just arrive...get your passport bonked for either a 30 or 59 day tourist visa. No idea about SRRV though.

That is assuming you are not on the Philippines "wanted list" of course!

Regards

Pete M
Old May 24th 2016, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Pete that's what I was told on Sunday .... so I'm getting my good lady to open an ATM A/c with BPI and gonna transfer online into her A/c till I get the ACR. Hope all is smoother with you ... Best Wishes and Thanks Baz
You should be able to open a joint account at BPI in Ph, I did mine with just my and my wife's passport, no ACR card or even a BPI Europe account.
Old May 24th 2016, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by springsteen11
Thanks for the good wishes Baz.

For a tourist visa you do not need any police clearance checks. Just arrive...get your passport bonked for either a 30 or 59 day tourist visa. No idea about SRRV though.

That is assuming you are not on the Philippines "wanted list" of course!

Regards

Pete M
Once you are in country beyond 6 months you no longer need a UK police clearance. You get one from the Philippines police.
Old May 24th 2016, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hahaha, will do, but I fear the Stilton may get munched on as my GF has now developed a taste for cheese since I bought some, when over in Lucena a couple of weeks ago. Can I ask do I need a Police clearance check from the UK to satisfy any Tourist or SRRV visa requirements ?
That is what I forgot, I had a UK police clearance done ( get it done just before you leave ), used it only once and that was for my SRRV. I also brought a letter from my UK employer I worked for before I retired saying that I was a person of good moral character, all lies but impressed the PRA.
Old May 25th 2016, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Cheers to everyone for this .... I'm really very grateful .... even grateful enough to get that Stilton through customs
Old May 26th 2016, 4:49 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Another happy customer

My wife brought some cheese from France to Malaysia last time we came over - after 24 hours in a suitcase I could smell it in the baggage hall before I saw it! Note to self: must get one of those vacuum packing machines before she does that again
Old May 26th 2016, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Another happy customer

My wife brought some cheese from France to Malaysia last time we came over - after 24 hours in a suitcase I could smell it in the baggage hall before I saw it! Note to self: must get one of those vacuum packing machines before she does that again
Point well made and noted
Old May 26th 2016, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Another happy customer

Best thing to do is freeze it and then wrap it in newspaper and some bubble wrap.

When I worked in Egypt a friend came back with about 7kg of smoked fish and the same amount of pork pies. They lost his bag, eventually returning it some 10 days later. He only opened the zip about an inch, we had to evacuate the office for a couple of hours. Bag and contents were thrown out, even the feral dogs would not go near it.