A few nights in Manila

Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default A few nights in Manila

I'm planning on visiting Manila for a few days and during the days take some tours to see the countryside and sights. What can I do in the evenings and which areas should I consider staying in to make life easier?
Old Nov 11th 2013, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

deanios46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A few nights in Manila

Originally Posted by discobay
I'm planning on visiting Manila for a few days and during the days take some tours to see the countryside and sights. What can I do in the evenings and which areas should I consider staying in to make life easier?
Hello. Ive always stayed in malate area,close to the LRT, pubs and club.and cheap places to stay.
but its each to their own i guess.oh and robinsons mall is there to,its big! and nice to chill out in
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by deanios46
Hello. Ive always stayed in malate area,close to the LRT, pubs and club.and cheap places to stay.
but its each to their own i guess.oh and robinsons mall is there to,its big! and nice to chill out in
Can I get around at night from Malate without using public transport and taxis?
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Can I get around at night from Malate without using public transport and taxis?
depends where you wanna go....
Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever we have stayed in Manila we tend to stick pretty much to the hotel after dark. I'm sure it's largely because the asawa is being over cautious but I would be careful where you wander.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

I wouldn't be wandering all night just want to be able to walk to a watering hole (or two) and get some entertainment.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

I wouldn't be wandering all night just want to be able to walk to a watering hole (or two) and get some entertainment.
walking at night in malate and ermita is fine at night,and theres some good bars to go..but it aint like makati!! but then your pay alot more for a night out in makati! i would say malate is at bit more lowkey then other areas
Old Nov 12th 2013, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Whenever we have stayed in Manila we tend to stick pretty much to the hotel after dark. I'm sure it's largely because the asawa is being over cautious but I would be careful where you wander.
LOLYAH I FORGOT THAT!! YAH BE CAREFUL
Old Nov 14th 2013, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Just invaded from another Forum to see what is happening to expats in view of the terrible devastation.
Am I missing something? Is this really the time to visit?
Old Nov 14th 2013, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bipat
Just invaded from another Forum to see what is happening to expats in view of the terrible devastation.
alright to go up to baguio aint it?! best place anyway!!
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bipat
It should be cheaper and the queues will be shorter.
Old Nov 16th 2013, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

It should be cheaper and the queues will be shorter.
yeah its really terrible what happened to those people down there! but if you still wanna visit then baguio is the best place as itts so far from there. and lets face it manila is always flooded anyway!!
Old Nov 16th 2013, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

What's the quickest way to go from Manila to Baguio? Road transport 4 hours is way too long.
Old Nov 16th 2013, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

What's the quickest way to go from Manila to Baguio? Road transport 4 hours is way too long.
i only know of victory liner from cubao,it takes about 7hours and costs about 700
Old Nov 26th 2013, 11:54 am
Just Joined

multivitamins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deanios46
i only know of victory liner from cubao,it takes about 7hours and costs about 700
This is the only way going to Bag unless you have a car. Travel time is 5-8 hours. I suggest leaving in the morning about 4 or 5AM.