Dead

Old Jun 18th 2015, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dead

Ok now that I have got your attention.

There was an on line 'Bereavement benefits' form. I know i part filled 99% of it. leaving my wife to supply date of death, her signature and original death certificate as an enclosure.

Are foreign wives who are the mothers of our children who are British passport holders entitled to receive our pension benefits as if they were non foreign living in the Uk.?

There was a time that no such discrimination took place.

I cannot find the on line claim form which needs to be updated for new bank account details. So I am now suspecting the worst and that my state pension that would have been part paid as a widows pension is no longer valid as my wife is a nasty horrible foreigner, even though the two highly dependent children are Brits.

I know some silly MP was decrying the 'mail order Thai brides' scenario as an excuse to ensure that pension benefits would not be payable, has that now come to pass?

Any input or even a link to the on line form that i cannot find would be very helpful.

At this time I am not in receipt of a state pension as far too young!! I have built up a significant payment through the years through NI.

Thanks
Old Jun 18th 2015, 1:31 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dead

I'm guessing that you are familiar with the changes that have taken place since the year 2001 with regard to widows pension, bereavement amounts & parent/child payments for widows & children of deceased Brits?

if not, the updates below

Bereavement Benefits, Payment & Allowance Information (UK) | Patient

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...d-bereavement/

https://www.gov.uk/bereavement-payment/what-youll-get

https://www.gov.uk/bereavement-allowance/overview

The claim form

Page 12 & 13 for the payment details

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...t-jan-2015.pdf
Old Jun 18th 2015, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

not2old

You are a diamond, it is the claim form that I was looking for, thank you for that. I can now amend the destination bank details in the hope that they may pay it for the benefit of two British children.

They are not specific these days as to whether there is a pay out or not. In the old days if you were married your spouse received a widows pension no matter.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 1:48 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

mike, the rules & regs are forever changing & be aware that with the state pension reform changes in 2016, category B pension is gone

Category B pension is/was when a spouse got 60% of the NI contributed Category A pension (you mike) - that will be a gonna next year.

https://www.gov.uk/new-state-pension/overview

My suggestion if you want to make sure that your wife & kids are taken care of in the event of death is to be back in the UK at your retirement or pension credit age.

Good luck with it all

Last edited by not2old; Jun 18th 2015 at 1:55 am.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by not2old
mike, the rules & regs are forever changing & be aware that with the state pension reform changes in 2016, category B pension is gone

Category B pension is/was when a spouse got 60% of the NI contributed Category A pension (you mike) - that will be a gonna next year.

https://www.gov.uk/new-state-pension/overview

My suggestion if you want to make sure that your wife & kids are taken care of in the event of death is to be back in the UK at your retirement or pension credit age.

Good luck with it all
Not 2 old, me being back wit the two kids who are Brits may not be the issue. the problem is the Mrs as she is a nasty horrible foreigner who never scrounged a penny off anyone. As I cannot guarantee when death will occur it seems I need to abandon my family NOW, to be inside the UK pension safety net. even then they may not pay out as the wife is a foreigner.

I am sure this was never meant to be.

At least the Philippines appears in the countries that flexibility does exist so maybe there will be some leniency.

One day politicians may get over themselves and apply the simple math.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 1:56 pm
Dichotomus tinker

mike have you figured out how to move your whole family to the UK without all the heavy financial requirements the home office/UKVI has imposed on Brits since 2012 those wanting to bring their non-EU spouses to the UK for settlement?

Then again, would you want your family to live in the UK or to be able to freely move around country to country, even rock back & forth between the Philippines & the UK?
Old Jun 18th 2015, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

mike have you figured out how to move your whole family to the UK without all the heavy financial requirements the home office/UKVI has imposed on Brits since 2012 those wanting to bring their non-EU spouses to the UK for settlement?

Then again, would you want your family to live in the UK or to be able to freely move around country to country, even rock back & forth between the Philippines & the UK?
I have looked at the Surinder Singh route, this looks very much like the only option that is going to be cost effective.

The other route which I do not wish to do is to leave my family here and return to the UK and start working there again to meet the requirements. The savings that we have will be needed for a home and cannot stay in cash to meet the saving route.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 10:16 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by mikemike
I have looked at the Surinder Singh route, this looks very much like the only option that is going to be cost effective.

The other route which I do not wish to do is to leave my family here and return to the UK and start working there again to meet the requirements. The savings that we have will be needed for a home and cannot stay in cash to meet the saving route.

sorted then & my suggestion for the SS is through Malta - not Ireland or Spain
Old Jun 19th 2015, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

sorted then & my suggestion for the SS is through Malta - not Ireland or Spain
Why Malta? Funnily enough I was born there and my Birth cert is in Maltese with underlying English translation.
The issue I will have is the employment side as Ii am basically unemployable due to skill sets. Will they want or need a native English dishwasher at 56 years of age? be nice if they did.
Old Jun 20th 2015, 12:05 am
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by mikemike
Why Malta? Funnily enough I was born there and my Birth cert is in Maltese with underlying English translation.

The issue I will have is the employment side as Ii am basically unemployable due to skill sets. Will they want or need a native English dishwasher at 56 years of age? be nice if they did.
I waited all day (night time where I'm at) to post this for you Mike

this is good news IMO

if you are a Maltese citizen & hold a Maltese as well as a UK passport you can exercise your treaty rights to the UK using your Maltese passport for your wife , without having to go the surinder singh route

As a Maltese citizen you can pass Maltese citizenship to your wife & children
Old Jun 20th 2015, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

I waited all day (night time where I'm at) to post this for you Mike

this is good news IMO

if you are a Maltese citizen & hold a Maltese as well as a UK passport you can exercise your treaty rights to the UK using your Maltese passport for your wife , without having to go the surinder singh route

As a Maltese citizen you can pass Maltese citizenship to your wife & children
hanks for this i was wondering if you burned the candles at both ends!! i think I have covered the lack of eligibility in the pm to you.

I am grateful for your time and effort

Thanks