Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Change to Tourist Visa Policy?

Change to Tourist Visa Policy?

Old May 14th 2017, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Change to Tourist Visa Policy?

I have seen on another expat forum that there are rumours that the President will not allow foreigners to return to the Philippines after they have exited under the 3 year rule.

The rumour has been started by an insider and thinks this will be the subject of a Presidential EO. An opinion of this is that the EO will not gain approval by the Supreme Court.

As I say, it is rumour only and if I hear something more concrete, obviously I will update here.

Regards

Pete
Old May 14th 2017, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change to Tourist Visa Policy?

I understood Pete that after 3 years you were supposed to leave and not return for minimum of one month. I'll try and find the link but I believe it said you were supposed to return to your home country, though how they would enforce that I don't know! Let us know if you hear anything more.
Thanks
Gary
Old May 14th 2017, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quiltman,

The stipulation is to leave the Philippines for 24 hrs only. You do not have to return to your home country. Most people I know go to Hong Kong and stay either overnight or for the weekend. You can of course stay longer in which country you chose to visit.

Regards

Pete
Old May 30th 2017, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by springsteen11
Quiltman,

The stipulation is to leave the Philippines for 24 hrs only. You do not have to return to your home country. Most people I know go to Hong Kong and stay either overnight or for the weekend. You can of course stay longer in which country you chose to visit.

Regards

Pete
Yes, that's what my youngest son did - long weekend in HK and no problems coming back - not even asked for an onward ticket! It was just that I had seen an article that said you had to leave for at least 4 weeks. wish I could find it! Google does not want to help me 'cos I upset it.

Gary