CEBU Dentists

Old Nov 21st 2015, 9:45 pm
funky monkey.

chiefster1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CEBU Dentists

Hello all, wishing everyone a good day!!😉
I am a Leeds boy from England living in Briabane,Australia!

After a lot of research I wanted to go to Thailand to get some dental work done, I.E crown replacement maybe even implants!

Anyway I have a seasoned traveller friend who will be in Cebu in the Philippines over Christmas and new year so I decided to go there!
Unfortunately the dental departure web site doesn't show many dentists in Cebu!

Can anyone recommend a good dentist for major work?
My friend goes to green apple but they seem REALLY EXPENSIVE compared to others in the PHILIPPINES!

Any recommendations is appreciated!!
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEBU Dentists

Sorry, cannot be of immediate help as I wear dentures! however my eldest son had some crowns done here and I'll ask him where he goes. I know it's a lady dentist but that's all.
Someone will be along before long I'm sure with suggestions. There are loads of good dentists here but most don't advertise so word of mouth (excuse the pun!) is the way to go.
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

steve18 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi mate. I'm in the UK and iv just done a quick search on google by typing in "CEBU DENTISTS". there are many sites to check out. "BRIGHTSMILES" and "CEBU DENTAL CARE CLINIC" to name just two that look very professional. I think you will find that the cost's will depend on what kind of equipment the practises use ! ie the latest x-ray machines to hammer and chisel to string tied to tooth and slammed door type of equipment. lol's
hope this helps
Steve
Old Nov 30th 2015, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless what the internet tells you, word of mouth is the best.

I have a fear/hate of dentists but have found, in Roxas City, a dentist who I would never have gone to, his shop/practice front looks like a sari sari store on a bad day but he is very attuned to your needs. He is the only dentist ever who has performed a filling without me having to have a full anesthetic and provides a 6 month guarantee.

I have met a few foreigners that use him, all sing his praises
Old Dec 12th 2015, 1:34 am
funky monkey.

chiefster1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Stokkevn word of mouth is best. I am only going to CEBU, so only looking at Dentists in CEBU! Not much feedback on here, maybe I made the wrong choice going to the Philippines over Thailand! ;-(
Old Dec 12th 2015, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

The big hospitals like Chong Hua have dentists. Our family usually use Dr. Pelonis in Liloan. Almost opposite the new Gaisano. They tend to many children from my daughter's school.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

My son and my wife go to Dr Chu - see Cebu Dentist - Dr. Lynnette L. Chu - Home for details. At the side of Chong Hua Medical Arts Centre - at back of Chong Hua Hospital.
Old Dec 15th 2015, 12:20 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
My son and my wife go to Dr Chu
I wonder if she always knew she was destined to be dentist
Old Dec 15th 2015, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
I wonder if she always knew she was destined to be dentist
I must admit to trying not to laugh everytime I hear her name mentioned. Goes over the heads of our Filipino friends tho'.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Must be one of the qualifications to get into med school, my dentist in Roxas City is also called Dr Chu, not too sure what his first name is.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

My wife is there tomorrow to replace filling that fell out yesterday. I need new dentures so will post costs when we return.
Old Dec 22nd 2015, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry for delay. Had no internet for a few days. Bless PLDT.
My wifes filling cost 800 pesos and the dentist was super gentle.Took about 45 minutes in all.
It was suggested she get a crown as a filling is only "temporary". Price quoted for one crown was 8000peso.
Still very cheap compared to Uk and certainly cannot fault the quality of care and the workmanship. May do some cost comparisons for the crown and a new set of dentures for me - they quoted 24K but admitted they only did the moulds and sent them out to a lab to make the actual dentures. This is about the same I was quoted at a dental lab in UK before we left, so appears VERY expensive for here. Further update in due course.